Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-17-02, 10:48

Plan: somersizing
Stats: 153/146/135
BF:
Progress: 39%
Talking introducing....me!

Hello all, just introducing myself..new to this site. Lost 4 lbs. in 1.5 wks. Been on the Suzanne Somers diet for a couple months last year but quit...backslider! Hope to find some helpful hints and support here, like what do you all eat for breakfast???
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-17-02, 13:36
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 202/156/146
BF:
Progress: 82%
Default Hello

Hiya

I have just finished my two week induction and lost 13LB !!!! Breakfast is always a problem for me as I get up at 6am and get ready then leave for work, I dont have time to cook at home and I work on reception so can't exactly eat egg and bacon at the front desk!

What I have been doing is having a small amount of cheese and some cold meats (chicken, ham) and at the weekend have a nice cooked breakfast.

Hope this helps and well done!!!

Abbi
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Sep-17-02, 13:59

Plan: Atkins-Restarted
Stats: 140/140/140 Female 5 ' 3 "
BF:
Progress: 29%
Smile other ideas...

Hi There and Welcome!

I am new here too.... I like Abbi's ideas for breakfast, I also eat at work and cannot do "bacon and eggs". I have brought in egg salad though and that seems to hold me. Not sure how much carbs you can have on the Suzanne Somers plan, but berries make a nice breakfast too..
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-02, 08:22

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 245/232/215
BF:21%
Progress: 43%
Default Glad You're Here!

Breakfast is the most challenging meal for me too since I also am up early and eat at work. I always have a couple of hard bioled eggs for starters. Also, try to cook up a large portion of "meat" on the weekends and divide it up into numerous "meal portion" size baggies. Last w/e I fried a Turkey that will last a long time. I also keep several bags of schredded cheddar cheese and no carb salad dressing (Marie's regular bleu cheese for example) in the frig at work. It helps add flavor to a can of tuna. Hope this helps.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-02, 13:42

BF:
Wink

Thanks to all for the warm welcome & who replied to my question!
I am a stay at home mom at present, so I am fortunate to be able to cook my breakfast. I do get tired of meats and will try some eggs, omelets, etc. Thanks again! Tammy
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-02, 15:57
Champagne Paulie

Plan: My Fitness Pal
Stats: 156.2/123.8/120 Female 5 ft 4 ins
BF:Got some, thanks
Progress: 90%
Smile

Hi Tammy

Well done on your weight loss so far. I work 12 hour shifts and try to have a good cooked breakfast before I leave home (even if it does mean that I'm eating it at 5.45am ). I often have an omelet and vary the fillings, cheese and scallion is a favourite.

I take a packed lunch to work which is usually meat or tuna and some salad. I sometimes pack some celery sticks and a bit of cheese in case I get a bit peckish in the late afternoon, but happily I'm finding that I don't feel hungry anymore

Keep us posted with your progress.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-02, 18:00

BF:

Thanks Paulie, for your response. So do you ever have sugar cravings? I know I shouldn't use the sugar substitutes of ice cream and such, but when I get that urge for something sweet I use those items....especially ice cream at night! How about you...doing well with your weight loss? How long have you been on the low carbs WOE and which plan? Tammy
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-02, 18:27

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 195/176/125
BF:too much
Progress: 27%
Cool Hey tatalu!

Welcome :-)
I love Suzzane Somers recipes..and OF course it goes quite well with Schwarzbein :-)
I find I don't have so many sugar cravings anymore.. nor is my appetite as big!
I can start throwing food out now.. before I have finished my plate..and I used to need two snacks and a meal at work. ..
I do now with one meal.and one snack. I just can't face more food!
:-)
I had ONE chocolate today.... and after I ate it.. it just wasn't fulfilling...it was even european chocolate!
amazing..
Well have fun on the board..there are great people here.

Poofie!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Sep-20-02, 04:59
Champagne Paulie

Smile

Hi Again Tammy and Poofie ,

Tammy, I don't get too many sugar cravings, but I find that the sugar free jelly and cream finishes off the evening meal very nicely . I haven't really checked out the ice creams, we don't tend to have such a wide choice as you have in the States. Next time I'm in the supermarket I'll do a bit of label checking. I have been doing Atkins for 3 weeks now and have lost 10 lbs. Looking at some of the other comments on the forum, a lot of people seem to be doing their own versions of plans or combining them. I guess it's what works best for each individual. We were in Costco last night and I could have murdered a slice of pizza! I'm afraid that just eating the topping is not an option for me . To be honest the things I probably miss the most are a decent cup of coffee (decaff just isn't the same) and toast or a bagel in the morning Still look on the bright side, I am losing weight and that is what matters

Poofie, the coffee shop I go to in town is owned by a chocolate manufacturer . Whenever you order your drink you get what they call a Continental chocolate with it. Up until now I have managed to resist them, but yesterday I gave in and ate it . It was OK, but I think the anticipation of eating it was better than the actual thing!!
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Sep-20-02, 12:33

BF:
Talking

It's a bright sunny day here in Arizona! I haven't been losing lbs in the past week, but feel less tight in my clothes I am so happy for you Poofie, you seem to be quite successful at your weight loss, according to your stats. That's great, keep it up!

And Paulie, thanks for the tip about the s/f jelly & cream...sounds tasty! I enjoy Dreyers sugar free/fat free ice cream the best...or anything s/f from Baskin Robbins...most anything with chocolate!!! So, how are things over in the UK? Do you all have Baskin Robbins ice cream shops over there? My husband and I are going out for dinner and a movie tonight...we're planning on having Hot wings and a salad! He's on this WOE also... this helps me stay on it. He has about 50 lbs to lose. Have a great weekend! Tammy
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Sep-20-02, 16:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/216/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 6%

I was having problems with breakfast as well. Eggs got very old! I just purchased the Flax O Meal hot cereal. IT IS WONDERFUL!! My breakfast is now my favorate meal of the day. Plus it is full of fiber so it solves all kinds of little problems.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-02, 09:27
Champagne Paulie

Smile

Hi Tammy & Steffi ,

How are things going? Tammy, we do have Baskin Robbins in the U K. We did have one in Newcastle, but I'm not sure if it is still open. I'll be going into town on Monday so I'll check it out. It's as good an excuse as any to hit the shops . I remember last time we were across in the States we stopped at an ice cream shop and the choice was unbelievable . As well as all the different flavours, there was the choice of sugar free, fat free etc. Maybe the cooler climate over here has something to do with our lack of outlets. You're more likely to go to the coffee shop and order a bowl of soup than an ice cream.

Steffi, what is flax o meal, is it a bit like porridge? I must admit it is nice to have a bit of variation for breakfast. I still miss my slice of toast and bagels . I am waiting for a leaflet coming from the British Egg Council with loads of different recipes. I'm sure I can remember a book that came out a few years ago called 101 things to do with an egg

Keep the faith girls
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Sep-23-02, 08:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/216/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default flax o meal

Yes, it is kind of like pourage. You can get it in different flavors and all you have to do is add splenda. I add butter, cream and splenda. It is great. I just needed something different other than eggs etc. I eat it during the week at work and save the eggs for the weekends at home. I helps break things up a bit. You can order it on the Synergy web site, I believe it is listed under cereal.

Enjoy!!
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Sep-23-02, 09:53
Champagne Paulie

Thumbs up

Hi Steffi,

Thanks for the info. I might just order some; as you say a change is good. Also, now the colder mornings are on their way it will be nice to have something porridge like.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Sep-23-02, 17:38

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 195/176/125
BF:too much
Progress: 27%
Thumbs up golly you guys!

There are so many places to wander I never get back!!!
ROFL!
Paulie.. well gee whiz.. I know.
:-) I don't do coffee.. but chocolate still can be on the mind OCCASIONALLY for me.. but the once someone gave me one .. it wasn't that great.
Today at lunch one of my coworkers said "look at all that healthy food your eating!"
I felt so good about that!
How are you feeling today all of you??
Poofie!