Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 10:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 370/270/160
BF:50%/36.6%/24%
Progress: 48%
Default Worry about loose skin

Can anyone give me any advice about ways to prevent loose skin? Any supplements, miracle pills or prevention ideas? My biggest nightmare is that when I reach goal, there will be this huge puddle of skin down around my ankles, and I will have to pull it up and gather it into a pony tail on the top of my head! Surgery is financially NOT an option, so I want to do all I can. I know the following factors help-
Slow loss
Exercise
Lots of H20
Keep skin well lubricated
Youth if ya got it! (I don't)
Protein (we ALL got that)

Any other ideas or experience out there?Can anyone direct me to other posts on this topic? Of course, I would rather be thin and wrinkled than fat and firm, but I keep thinking of that pony tail.......
Hugs,
Kat
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 12:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile Search...

Hi there! You may want to try a search on this subject becasue it has been covered on several occassions...(don't misunderstand, you're totally right to ask the question!)...

...and I think the answer is pretty much summed up in your own post. Losing slowly is very good and also keeping the skin moisturized.

I worry about loose skin too. But I've resigned myself to worrying about it when the time comes. Thus far, I'm not sagging too much.

Here's hoping you won't be wearing that loose-skin ponytail!

Donald
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 13:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 370/270/160
BF:50%/36.6%/24%
Progress: 48%

Thank you, Donald. I will do that. I was just hoping for a miracle- that someone had discovered some magic wand type vitamin Q that kept all that from happening.
Slow weight loss may be the answer, but when I have a 5lb whoosh like last week, I'll take it! Ain't givin' it back nohow!
Hugs,
Kat
PS you sure are cute!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 14:11
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 282/220/166
BF:36.9%/28.6%/23%
Progress: 53%
Default It hasn't happened yet.

For me anyway. Of course I lose weight like a turtle walks, but so far the skin has been tightening up as I go. I think it probably helps if you aren't a smoker. Smoking dries up your skin and causes wrinkles. I think you will be fine.