Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-15-05, 16:40

Plan: Atkins/keto
Stats: 246/237.6/118 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 7%
Smile

I agree that has to be in the back of his head, but what a gamble. I just feel for his family I think asking them to give up thier house and car so he can give this a try is a lot to ask. I hope something comes of it, don't get me wrong. I just thought it was a bit selfish when there are so many other things you can try first. I thought of Jared too. I think every since Jared there have been people trying to duplicate his success. He has a great contract now that is for sure. I have no idea if he was trying for that or honestly just decided maybe eating a sub for his meals would work. I have never heard that part of the story. Stephie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-15-05, 19:27
Don't Call Me Sugar

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 293/287/230 Female 65 inches
BF: :^( :^| :^)
Progress: 10%

He just got a book deal, so they aren't going to have to lose the house or car.

I'm thinking he was gambling, but gambling on people being interested in the story, and they are.

I think that for this guy, part of the walk is getting his head straight about his car accident that killed two people. I think he probably sees that as the most significant action of his life, and he's trying to do something to reclaim his life away from the guilt and create something more positive, something new to be the largest thing in his psyche. So a huge part of his effort is in his brain.

I wish him the best in healing that and heading for better health too.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-16-05, 18:59

Plan: I am a leaf on the wind
Stats: 290/275/195 Male 5.11
BF:a mess of it
Progress: 16%

When I was working out constantly and eating "normal" food, I would be HIDEOUSLY RAVENOUS after a workout, totally undoing whatever good I may have achieved during my workout in a free for all pasta or pizza orgy. I believe food is the biggest factor in losing weight, excercise comes in second, especially at 40.

I hope he loses weight, but find it odd that there is no weight loss progress chart on his website.

Other than the the weight loss thing, I do admire him. This is something I would LOVE to do, nevermind the weight loss issue.

I just hope he's not suffering hypoglycemic whiplash from Power Bars.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-17-05, 14:27

Plan: low carb
Stats: 189/136/136 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveed
When I was working out constantly and eating "normal" food, I would be HIDEOUSLY RAVENOUS after a workout, totally undoing whatever good I may have achieved during my workout in a free for all pasta or pizza orgy. .

Yes the work-out and eat pasta and pizza diet.........

wish it were true