Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-16-02, 09:01

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 244/202/160 Female 5'6''
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Whey Low D, agave and other alternatives to Splenda

Hello..........

I am having trouble adjusting to the aftertaste of Splenda..blech.

Not crazy about Stevia either. Someone told me it helps if you mix sweeteners??

Has anyone here tried the new Whey Low D product or agave syrups?

Thanks, barefoot1
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-16-02, 10:09
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Agave syrup comes from a cactus and the carb count on 1 Tbsp. is 6 grams. It is a fructose sweetener, but low on the glycemic index.

Whey Low D is a blend of sugars and has 4 grams per tsp. and is also low on the glycemic index.

The both have a flavour that is like real sugar because they are plant based.

As low carbers we are cautioned to avoid sugars, but what works for one person may not work for another. The best way to find out is to try them and see how you react.

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Sep-24-02, 11:42

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 170/158/145
BF:
Progress: 48%
Talking Whey Low vs. Whey Low D

I contacted Whey Low (www.wheylow.com) prior to purchase, and have been assured that the Whey Low Granular is only 1 impact carb per tsp., the other carbs not being recognized as carbs and being eliminated rather than digested. They also told me DO NOT use Whey Low D for low carb diets because the testing on that has not been adequately completed yet. But the Whey Low Granular and Powdered have been. Course, as with anything new, I will be watching my weight carefully as I introduce more and more of this into my diet, but it is terrific and I am so happy to have it!! So far, so good.

Any others using it out there, please keep in touch re any observations. Thanks.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-03, 16:27
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 192/176/165
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default Honestly, give it a try....

I put this in another forum, but I don't think anyone really saw it. I didn't even know there was a LC products forum or I would've gone here instead. I have been on Atkins for little over half a year, and I was kind of struggling with the whole "no sugar" thing. (No chocolates, candy, cakes, etc...you know the drill) I hate every sugar substitute in the world. BUT..to let you know, there is an all natural, taste exaxtly like table sugar, you can cook anything with it, substitute that is awesome and won't throw you out of ketosis. It is called wheylow. Type it on your ISP and a bunch of stuff will come up. It is pretty cool. I have to pass this info to all my fellow low carbers...
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 18:03
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetwheat
I put this in another forum, but I don't think anyone really saw it. I didn't even know there was a LC products forum or I would've gone here instead. I have been on Atkins for little over half a year, and I was kind of struggling with the whole "no sugar" thing. (No chocolates, candy, cakes, etc...you know the drill) I hate every sugar substitute in the world. BUT..to let you know, there is an all natural, taste exaxtly like table sugar, you can cook anything with it, substitute that is awesome and won't throw you out of ketosis. It is called wheylow. Type it on your ISP and a bunch of stuff will come up. It is pretty cool. I have to pass this info to all my fellow low carbers...

WheyLow is mostly lactose (milk sugar); it's low glycemic but it's not truly low carb.

Be cautious. If you stall (and if you're feeding your cravings) you may have to lose this product.