Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-02, 09:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145/125/115
BF:
Progress: 67%
Talking New Member

Hi Everyone!!

I've on the Atkin's diet before and now I'm back and this time to stay. I'll need support though and tips on how to stay on track because sometimes it get's real hard. Thanks and hope to talk to u soon.

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-02, 10:14

Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

Welcome!

Good for you on deciding to stick to the LC way of eating, knowing that this is a WOL and not just a "diet" is a big step. Congrats!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-02, 10:53

Stats: 172/172/112 Female 5 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up

Hi
I have been on the atkins eating plan for the second time and have lost 16 pounds in about 6 weeks. I like to have something sweet at night e.g jelly and cream and feel that this helps me to keep going. It is the easiest plan that i have been on and I am determined to persist until I am down to my goal weight.
Good Luck
Liz :
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-02, 11:05
Champagne Paulie

Plan: My Fitness Pal
Stats: 156.2/123.8/120 Female 5 ft 4 ins
BF:Got some, thanks
Progress: 90%
Thumbs up

Hi There

Liz, well done on your 16 lbs loss . I also enjoy sugar free jelly and cream. A couple of times this week I also added some stewed rhubarb for a little variation.

Other things for keeping on track include taking salads to work and adding things such as prawns, tuna, cheese hard boiled egg (either/or, not all of the above - there again if you're hungry enough..................). Finally there is also a packet of pork scratchings - if only you could have a bottle of Bud to go with them
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-02, 11:05

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Greetings and welcome aboard!

I highly recommend starting a journal here and keeping your menus and exercise and thoughts in general there. Also, go visit some of the other journals and get involved with some of the folks around here - you will find that many people are either at the same stage that you are or have gone through all the tough times that you will go through here and there. It helps to chat with them and learn from them and share your triumphs and frustrations with them.

Keep the Faith!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-02, 19:51

Stats: 145/125/115
BF:
Progress: 67%

Quote:
Originally posted by carsula_uk
Hi
I have been on the atkins eating plan for the second time and have lost 16 pounds in about 6 weeks. I like to have something sweet at night e.g jelly and cream and feel that this helps me to keep going. It is the easiest plan that i have been on and I am determined to persist until I am down to my goal weight.
Good Luck
Liz :

Hi Liz

Congrats on losing 16 pounds the second time round. Do you find it harder the first time or second. For me i found that the second time round is harder. I also eat jelly and whip cream at night to fill that sweet crave. Do you have any other suggestions on sweet food I could eat at night? Keep up the good work
Bye