Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-02, 09:59

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%
Default Re: Going Off This WOE Monday

Quote:
Originally posted by EileenBet
Yes, I am sorry to say, it has come to this.

I feel great, my severe hypoglycemia (which used to make me faint) is non existant and my skin looks great, but I need to drop weight and I seem not to be able to on this WOE.
But I've done it all...anti-yeast, supplements, KISS, Fat Fast, Meat fast, etc.

I will go on the typical (hate!) DIET that I have always lost weight and suffer through what we all dread.

I am hoping only to drop some significant weight, say 30 lbs this way, then come back to this WOE and lose the other 20 I need to lose and then maintain and eat this WOE for the rest of my life, as I do prefer it.

But I have to lose weight, it is depressing me and limiting me in my work and I can't wait any longer.

I hope to see you again soon.

I am rather curious as well. Which diet allows you to drop 30 pounds rather quickly? Is it perhaps a starvation diet where you eat 1000 calories or less?

Just some words of wisdom for you. If you think you have problems losing weight now, wait a few more years for your metobolism to age and become damaged by these "quick weight loss" diets.

As a few people have pointed out already you have lost some weight, and you haven't GAINED any. That should put you ahead of the game. If you hadn't been on Atkin's would you have gained?

You also state that "my severe hypoglycemia (which used to make me faint) is non existant and my skin looks great". What is the rush to get the weight off if you are enjoying these and probably more health benefits?

It does sound like you want us to convince you to keep low carbin, because you posted this. Why post if you are dead set on going off the diet on Monday?

How long has it taken you to gain the weight? Honestly? Were you this impatient with yourself during your gain as you are now in trying to lose?

I had to ask myself these same questions during my 8 month stall. I stuck with it because I felt great and for the first time in 10 years I wasn't gaining at a steady rate. Now a year later I am 50 pounds down. Quick weight loss may help you mentally but it wreaks and plays havoc on your metobolism. The only way to build up your metobolism once it's damaged is to lift weights and rebuild that precious muscle tissue.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but I have been where you are. I wish you nothing but success in whatever you try.
Sponsored Links