Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-25-05, 12:51

Plan: SB,FFP
Stats: 239.4/239.4/150 Female 5ft 3in
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Mindless eating

i ate balogna......not just one piece either........at least it was light bologna

UUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-29-05, 10:37

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 237/236/165 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 1%

I catch myself eating mindlessly sometimes, I don't even think about it and when I do stop and think about it I realize I'm ot even hungry, it's truely mindless!

What helps me is to portion everything. If I want some pepperoni to snack on I won't grab the bag, I'll take a serving size out of the bag and then go sit down.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Aug-13-05, 21:07
Me and My DH

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300/235/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 41%

I too am guilty of mindless eating. It is so ridiculous!! I get so aggravated with myself for doing it. I am one of those people who needs to stay busy or else I'm constantly visiting the kitchen, looking for "something" whether I'm hungry or not. And, usually, I'm not that hungry. I have to really occupy myself to avoid this "habitual grazing" -- even of low carb foods. Good luck to you in changing this habit
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Aug-14-05, 08:38
BACK ON TRACK

Plan: Very Low Carb
Stats: 400/264/185 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 63%

We all do this from time to time....next time....sto....look....and listen....take a cold drink of water....and see if you still want whatever it is that's tempting you.

Remember, your health and happiness is worth infinitely more than some old slice of bologna...

Eddie
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Aug-14-05, 10:04

Plan: On my own
Stats: 250/244/135 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:
Progress: 5%

Hi,
I try to keep allot of bottled water in the front shelves of the refrigerator then if I catch myself searching for "something" I grab a water.
Annie
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Aug-17-05, 04:37

Plan: Atkins Hardcore
Stats: 377/-/170 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress:
Default Ice chips!

This will sound odd but i am SUCH a snacker..mindless snacker..just need to be eating something particularly crunchy things for some reason, Ice chips are perfect for mindless eaters! you can stuff for face crunch crunch away and no guilt afterwards.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Aug-20-05, 19:57

Plan: LC combo
Stats: 223/211/150 Female 5ft.4in.
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default snack habit

I've taken to keeping San Gellgrino in the frig. It's expensive but better than diet soda. I've had no success in quitting the habit so I try to reach for the San Pellegrino instead of walking down to the corner store for a diet soda. At least I walk...but my binge snacking is actually diet soda. Regular sugar and fruit sugar (citrus and grapes) will give me the WORST hangover - all those years of a beer here and a class of wine there and it was the sugar. So I don't even keep diet soda in the house. DH is down to one regular sugar soda a day and I'm not even tempted in the least to have one of his drinks. It will make me so sick that I'll have the worst migraine for a couple of days! I can bypass pepperoni chips, berries, even cheese chunks and go for a diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper any day.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Aug-24-05, 17:28

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 163.4/154.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 66%

I have been soooooo bad today!! I have a serving of triscuits-21 carbs and I've had 5 of those low carb ice cream bars-20 carbs total!!!

I am so bloated and miserable now!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Aug-24-05, 17:40

Plan: low carb
Stats: 200/000/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I am a big sunflower seed fan (in the shell). You can eat a goodly portion for a few carbs but they take time and satisfy that need to munch and crunch.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Aug-29-05, 16:14

Plan: IR Diet
Stats: 306/271/145 Female 66 inches
BF:Do I have to?????
Progress: 22%

I am a mindless eater as well. I will eat salami from the deli, a lb worth in two or three days. It is so easy to do. I notice that I go for things like that and cheese. I eat soooo much cheese, that I have stopped buying so much. I buy one block and I get CABOT extra sharp cheddar cheese. It is really good, but also strong....so I do not eat much.

I also like sunflower seeds in the shell. They keep me busy and my mind off grabbing other things, but since I am induction, they are off limits. I can not wait until they are in my limits...because they will be all mine.

Kimberly
Firedancer
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Aug-29-05, 19:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/189/150 Female 6'0"
BF:42%/30%/18%
Progress: 70%

Wow, I really know the feeling! Whenever I'm bored I go to the fridge just for something to do and always end having a snack. Although usually low-carb, I know it still isn't the best thing to do. My usual snacks are whipped cream and cheese. I really need to stop eating so much of both. Happy LCing!
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-05, 02:59

Plan: bfl
Stats: 179/119/120 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 102%

drinking water keeps me from mindless eating