Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 12:10

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 150/148/130
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Getting through the weekends?

Hello all,

I'd love to hear how you guys get through your weekends? I am attempting my first weekend, after returning to this WOE. 4 months of failed attempts. I cut out all nuts, cottage cheese and alcohol this time and I am seeing the scale move. I am following the directions, AMAZING how that works .... hehe. However, in my previous attempts I have always went of plan on the weekends. A social gathering, little wine and before I know it I'm shoveling food in that I shouldn't be. Even around my house, for some reason it's hard not to 'reward' myself on the weekends for getting through. Anyone else have issues with weekends. I'd love the suggestions????

Peanie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 12:23
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170.6/163.2/145
BF:
Progress: 29%

Peanie-

On all past "attempts" to lose weight, I had a hard time on the weekends since I wasn't truly committed and of course, they were all low-fat low-cal diets before. So, instead of "rewarding" yourself with junk food and sugars, why not "reward" yourself for getting through the week with a nice steak? Or some lobster...that's if you would like to choose a food reward. Perhaps even better is to reward yourself with somehting non-food related. Go get your nails done, spend some time on your own soaking in the tub, go for a hike....things like that, theyu will help you with your progress, instead of hinder!

Good luck!

stacy
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 12:47

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

I treat the weekends as if they were any other day. Why should they be treated differently? Social gatherings or not. I didn't even give in during Christmas holidays when my mom made homemade candies and such.

It really comes down to one thing. How commited are you to losing weight? Enough to tell family, friends and loved ones that under no circumstances can you endulge in the sugary, floury, alcoholic stuff anymore? That it means too much to you personally to get the weight off and keep it off? That you stay focused on that one task foresaking all the junkfoods until you hit goal?

After all you are the only one that has total absolute control over what goes into your mouth. No one else can force feed you They can bribe and tempt you but you ultimately have the final say.

Good luck
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 16:52
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/238.4/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

I used to have a problem with weekends also. Mostly it was because on one of those days we would go out to eat. The trick I used to help me get over the weekend treats was to make Mondays be my official weigh-in day and write it on the calender. I would have in the back of my mind all weekend that I would be weighing and writing on Monday and I wanted a good result.

Beth
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 18:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 279/235/190
BF:
Progress: 49%

Never ever reward yourself with food for any reason

Eat to live don't live to eat

Great carb friendly idea for you

Go get you a lb of roast beef from the deli
get a big head of lettuce
some carb friendly cheese
mayo (sugar free)
Mustard
an olive or two

Grab a big leaf of that lettuce a couple of pieces of beef, a slice of your cheese a big slather of mayo an a little mustard slice an olive on it to if you want, roll it up like a burrito, eat 2 or 3 and you will be stuffed and satisfied

an absolute staple in my diet and are really good, you will never miss the bread and these are not messy and can be made in 5 mins to pack for lunch.

Jeff
Attached Images
File Type: gif banana.gif (1.6 KB, 8 views)