Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-02, 06:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins variation
Stats: 225/222/190 Male 6 feet 1 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Day 7

Hello all,
I am finishing up day 7 of my induction. Definitly feeling my energy coming back. Boy was I tired those first few days. The constipation is horrible, and I havn't gotten any fiber cause the store is so far from me I only go once a week. I lost 5 pounds the first three days, and havn't lost since. I havn't had any carbs at all (except the small amounts in cheese, eggs, ect.). Definitly getting creative with my food.

Questions:
What type of fiber laxitives should I get? I'll be shopping at wallmart.

Is there such a thing as too much cheese? I've been eating a lot of it, maybe that's why I stopped at 5 pounds?

I am still getting some dry mouth and some shakey hand syndroms from my hypoglocemea, how long did this take to pass for others?

Is there such a thing as too much water? I am LITERALLY drinking 2-3 gallons a day. This is not an exageration, perhaps even an understatement.

On the bright side of things, like I said, I have more energy now that day 7 is almost over, and I have no more Heartburn/acid reflux! yay!

Thanks for all the support on the boards,
-Chad
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-02, 07:53

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hi there Chad.......

One of the reasons that you MUST eat your veggies, is the constipation problem. You need to make a real effort to get those good veggie carbs in!! Atkins recommends 2-3 cups of salad veggies a day or 2 cups salad and 1 cup from the second list of allowable veggies. Spend those 20 carbs.....and spend them wisely on the veggies!

As for the cheese, he does recommend that you not eat more than 4 oz a day. Cheese will also serve to 'bind' you, so consider reducing it in your diet.

Two to three gallons is plenty! No need for you to be drinking any more than that. Good for you, for getting all of that in!

The best way to get questions answered is to start a journal and post your menus. It will make it a lot easier to give you sound advice if we can see exactly what you are eating.

Congratulations on your success so far! Wishing you continued LC success.

Marlaine
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 10:28
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 220/196/140 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 30%

I'm a bit surprised that you are still having hypoglycemic this far into Atkins. Be sure to eat veggies with you meals.
My hypoglycemia usually stop with in a day or 2 of starting the program. Are you eating any bars or shakes? SOmetimes these tings have hidden sugars.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 11:02
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins variation
Stats: 225/222/190 Male 6 feet 1 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Thanks for the advice all...

No, I havn't eaten anything really, with carbs. I think it may of had to do with an adrenalin spike (I got angry at work). I havn't had one since. Hopefully it will stay that way.

-Chad