Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 23:20

Plan: Eclectic
Stats: 205/190/145
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default oops, that was too easy

So, GT, I don't get what is wrong. Is it a computer problem? A scanner problem? The actual getting it on was click click browse click click.
Anything I can do to help or you guys got it covered?

Jo
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-02, 05:39

Plan: General LC-ing
Stats: 145/127/120
BF:BMI 23.7
Progress: 72%

Wow JO, I can imagine you looking out at the seals and otters playing (Like I uesd to do in Carmel...Waaaaaaaaa) I WANT to go home!!!!
Got a response from lexmark and going to try their step by steps
and see if it works. might be I have a usb (ubs ) screw-up. We'll see. I'll be shouting out to ya if that doesn't work.
How's everything? Have fun day 4? I didn't... wish it would have come on a weekend
On my way to work so this is short but sweet
check into tonight.
Morning bblondie
greentea
  #48   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-02, 08:06

Plan: atkins
Stats: 140/137/128
BF:
Default hey goers

Ok Girls, this is what I was thinking. If I cut out bread, potato, rice, pasta, and sugar from my diet and try to eat lower fat and more vegis. What is that called. I eat a lot of cheese though, should I do low fat cheese. It's hard to do low fat without adding sugar. I want to eat healthy but loose weight. I agree locajo that it should be a way of life not a diet.

How was the manicure and pedicure? Good for you for treating yourself.

Living in Idaho, I don't run into many liberals, thank god (just kidding). If we get bored with this LC thing we can talk politics. Did u vote for Clinton??
Great job on the avatar. Still waiting for GT's
  #49   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-02, 09:35

BF:
Cool Yup

Voted for Clinton. didn't turn out exactly as I would have liked it, but thems politics. My biggest problem with the CLINTONS is that they aren't honest about the way they are running their marriage. If we were a society where such things were honesty and openness were acceptable THEY would have been a great president. Theirs was a power marriage...has nothing to do with love and fidelity. Unfortuately Mr. can't keep it in his pants and doesn't comprehend discretion. She knew all along that that's the way he was...and you can BET has relationship(s) outside of the marriage, but is WAY more discreet. So discreet that she can somehow look innocent and wronged when he does something stupid. MY opinion is that if they had said, hey, this is our open marriage, (of course they wouldn't have ever got elected with that declaration) even most liberals aren't THAT liberal) and we support each other...that's honesty and I VALUE honesty. WHEN she runs for a higher office I will not be voting for her.

As for your WOE BB, I personally think you are biting yourself in the ass if you go to low fat stuff. I believe you should be able to eat real food. And as soon as you take away the fat you get added sugars and other fake things. Have you READ the books? Have you TRIED doing LC just as it is written? Look at the GO book. Look at Protein Power (Atkins probably explains it too). If you cut out the flour/grain items and the sugar items and eat enough kcal and adequate protein and BE RADICAL...well, it could work. And maybe your body wants to normalize, build muscle, be healthy instead of match some number on the scale that you have in mind. I think I recall you are pretty tall and weigh certainly within normal weights and BF. What kind of exercise do you do? If low fat diets didn't work for you before, why would it work now?

I know, I'm kinda blunt-not very good at prevaricating. But I feel like having unrealistic expectations of yourself, your body, your diet will only cause you pain and frustration and ill-health. Again, I gotta ask, do you ever look at fitday or any other program to see just what it is nutritionally you are eating?? To be LC you shuld be eating at least your body weightx10 in kcal (or your GOAL WEIGHT x 10) 50% of total calories as fat, around 25% as protein and maybe 10-15% as carbs...especially if you want to change your body.

GT: USB...yeah, something is wrong with your computer. Sucks. I hate it when mine is broke. Gratefully it doesn't happen very often. I know you and BB haven't completely bought in to the LC stuff...and that's ok, but it might be something to consider when you are concerned why to weight doesn't come off like you want.

Well, got to get to going. I'm posting food back in my journal now. Though I like coming here and bisiting!

Jo
  #50   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-02, 14:36

Okay goies,
I have "Bought" into the LC-ing as far as no rice, potatoes, bread
sweet stuff. BUT 50% fat is WAY too much for me...especially since its all the fat foods I fill up on. Remember I'm older than you two so I don't "burn" as fast. I don't totally eat fat free but I don't GO out of my way to eat the fatty stuff. I've found lots of sugar free and low sugar items that are also FF or LF, especially ice creams! I don't have a problem with the taste so I'm not adding sugar stuff
I even buy diabetic stuff since its low and no sugar.
Before LC-ing I was almost totally FF. Before I went FF I weighed close to 170 got down to 130 but really started eating all the wrong carbs....lots of potatoes and rice all the time...I mean ALL the time and started gainnig so I decided to ADD LC-ing and its coming off ... slowly....
DH at work but he left me dinner and believe me it was FULL of fat
LOL... I ate every bite. So I am probably over 50 tonight alone!
Now if I eat anything else (and I will) I'll keep it low or no fat.
as well as LC. Make sense LOL
I love you guys but you make me think too hard between jobs
I don't remember who I voted for Ross Perot (sp) probably hee hee......I voted for Gore this time. Thought him the lesser of two evils but who knows. I just know the economy stinks and I'm more concerened with jobs than being attacked. I hate the
NO Child Left Behind Act Bush signed too.
well time again for work...hope I didn't get anyone mad...
remember DIVERSITY
Will do my e-ing tonight.......
talk to ya then.
greentea
  #51   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-02, 21:37

BF:

GORE!! OMG, don't get me started.
How old are you GT. I didn't think the age diff was that much. I am so confused about the LC, FF, LF and what combo I should be doing now I'm taking a little break. I'll think about it starting saturday. I'm going out tomorrow night and not dwelling on what I can and can't eat or drink. When I was doing Atkins I was eating about 65% fat. Maybe if I could get to 50% and more protein that would help. See I said I didn't want to think about it and here I am thinking about it.

GT - that little ant man dancin around is really startin to bug me!!

bb
  #52   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 05:57

Got your blood rushing , did I LOL
Good, go out and enjoy...mental health is important
Where are you Locajo This is the only place we can talk as a group I'll have to take a peek in your journal and bug you.
I have nothing to post...SOS..yogurt, cheese, tuna blaa blaa blaa
Taking (FULL FAT ) salami to work today
Have car warming up and have to go get gas so I'm off.
Catch ya tonight.
greentea
  #53   ^
Old Sat, Sep-14-02, 08:18

Morning and Happy day whatever it is.....I quit counting
after 3.
I'm going to do the lexmark thing now so will be off line
for how ever long it takes....
hope I don't blow anything up
Here goes......
greentea
  #54   ^
Old Sat, Sep-14-02, 08:49

BF:

Hey Girls,
I'm glad your working on your scanner GT. I want to smash that little dancin guy like a bug. How is everyone doing on the LC. Locajo, what did u add after the induction to your diet? I'm starting back today. I went to a Irish pub for dinner and had a Reuben sandwich. It was so good now back to my reality. I need to go to the store and get more yogurt. I go thru that pretty quick. What amount of yogurt a day do you guys eat?
LJ. you asked what exercise I do: I do 4 days a week. 2 days just cardio about 40 min of tread mill or eliptical and the other 2 days I do 20 min cardio and about 40 min weights.
Question Gt. would you vote for Gore again or would you vote for Bush?
  #55   ^
Old Sat, Sep-14-02, 09:17

Dearest bblondie,
My decision to vote for Bush will be decided by what he does
NOW for the economy. I want to see the working class people working again (and not at McDonalds) and able to pay their mortgages and have job security. As it is now I would vote for Donald Duck first. I wish Bush would be as tuff with big business and special interest groups as he is with foreign countries
He can blame Clinton all he wants and he may be right about who's fault all this is BUT he took over the job so it's up to Him to fix it
Fair enough don't you think
Also, I eat on average 2 yogurts a day. Sometimes with whipped cream on top I need to buy more too.
Was up until 3:00 this a.m., slept until 10... felt good sleeping so long
greentea
  #56   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-02, 18:26

BF:
Cool Helloooo!

had a great time at the womens retreat...Babes of the North Woods! Yea!!!

Drank plenty, treated myself to a few NOT lc treats...it's those brownies ya know and a chocolate bar to make it up those huge mountain trails (not kidding at all on this one!) and had a reasonable if somewhat higher carb dinner last night. I'm going to do a couple days of the transition just to reverse the sugar a bit. But I feel ok. Hiked 6-8 miles on Saturday and ran for almost an hour today...I'm pooped but fed spiritually emotionally and mentally from spending two+ days with WOMEN!!!

We are having a bit of sushi tonite...but not much! Just practicing making the rolls...can't even go buy any fish for sashimi which is my favorite part! May rent a movie instead of going to one tonite.

I eat at least a half a cup or more of yogurt. I don't think there is any cause to worry if you eat more...just count the carbs.

As for my exercise...can't remember if I said earlier...I run a few days a week for at least 30 minutes, do yoga-shooting for three days a week but hasn't been happening. Will have to work on that, and sometimes hike kayak or whatever outdoor sport seems prudent and possible at the time (Bike,, XC ski, etc). Do these bootcamp workouts which is part running part exercises that use my body weight for strength training...that's fun and HARD! I enjoy whatever I do a lot...the way my body feels when it is working hard. I was thinking today during my run that I LOOK GOOD! ( I am fat, but I am strong) and when I lose another 20 and then 40 lbs! I will look REAL GOOD! Not that I am vain or anything! But it's definitely COOL!

Added? FRUIT! Peaches, berries, apples...and also added in the wasa and the finn crisp crackers. That's really about it. But the fruit is most important to me! Love that stuff. I'm keeping my journal if you are interested in perusing it, BB. Though nothing for the last three days I've been away. Actually I don't think I ate all that horrible, though I did pamper and treat myself. Maybe I will look at it on paper and see! I'll let you know.

I will NEVER vote for DubYah.

Not sure who though. Maybe I will go Green or Libertarian...if more folks would get off the REP/DEM treadmill and THINK FOR THEMSELVES the two party system would be byebye and some new ideas would emerge. *sigh* But it ain't likely.

Ok. Talk to you guys later.

Jo
  #57   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-02, 18:46

Default Welcome Back

Hey JO,
I'm tired just reading about all the physical activity you engage in
Retreat sounds nice. Check out the cruise in General Health on
the peri-pausal thread. Sounds good to me!
Bblondie and I have tried for days to get my pic on the avatar
I even e-mailed her my pic so she could put it on and it just won't go
When we're on at the same time maybe we can get your thoughts on what to do.
There a 4 donunts in the upstairs kitchen that are giving me a
hell of a time
I just ate a bannana cream yogurt w/whip cream to calm me
down. The donuts just laughed at me as my yogurt and I
made our way through the kitchen and back to the living(?)
room. To make it worse it was a beautiful autum like day...
dark, rain, leaves all over the yard, squirrels (my fav) gathering.
This time of year makes me want to eat. I'm a huge squirrel
wanting to store up for the winter
Help! greentea
  #58   ^
Old Mon, Sep-16-02, 09:02

BF:
Default DONUTS ARE EVIL!!!!

that's why resisting them is so difficult...and so important! Good luck...and GET RID OF THEM BEFORE YOU CAVE!

I was unable to put another one up because all the others are too big. Is that the issue with yours? Since it sounds like it is the actual picture that is the problem rather than hardware or operator! Or is it in an acceptable format. Those are the things I would check. 100x100 pixels is the size and I can say for sure it will take jpeg but anything else is a question for the board.

Off to start eating that transition again. Good think I like it!

I love the exercise, and youwould think with exercising that much I wouldn't be fat, huh? Oh well, fooled EVERYONE including me!

Talk later. Jo
  #59   ^
Old Mon, Sep-16-02, 21:56

Hi JO,
How was the transition today? Does that mean no wine again too!
I bought two bottles the other day but still haven't opened them.
I'm so wired tonight that I'll be up until its time to go to work Coffee High
DH ditched me and went to Cleveland while I was a work, lol.
I bet he's not home until morning
Lost another 2 lbs Might be cause I keep forgetting to eat.
Took dinner with me to work and didn't think about it until I was
home putting all my stuff away.
This a.m. the electric went out all over town which left me
with out breakfast or the ability to dry my hair for work
I did eat at school today though and having water now.
Going to keep trying the pic thing. I did shrink it to 100 x 100
going to check the box next to jpeg this time and see if that works. Thanks for the tip
Did you ever get my PM Should have been waiting for you when you got back from the garden of eden
I'm with you about needing something other than the same old Dem/Rep thing. You run...I'll be your campaign manager
greentea
  #60   ^
Old Tue, Sep-17-02, 12:14

Thanks JO,
Will e you when I get home tonight.
you'll have a good read with you're a.m. coffee
greentea