Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-02, 13:25

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 166/148/135
BF:
Progress: 58%
Talking I passed the pizza test!!

I've been doing the Atkins diet for about 6 weeks now. I passed my hardest test last night when we got pizza for supper and I ate only the toppings, pepperoni, cheese and mushrooms. It wasn't that I was really hungry but I really love the crust and wanted it really bad but I didn't eat it. I think the only way I was able to not eat it was because I still have no appetite. I've been keeping my carbs around the same as Induction so I've had no appetite the whole time. It's great!!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can stay on it because I'm waiting to get my cholesterol reading back from the doctor. If it went up, I'm not sure I can stay on it. I know in the book he says it should lower your cholesterol but that seems hard to believe with all the meat and fat we're eating. Anyone else have any experience with having high cholesterol and being on medication and then doing the Atkins Diet?

This board is great and I've learned a lot. That's where I got the idea to just eat the toppings.

Robin
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-02, 15:29

Plan: atkins
Stats: 470/456/300
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Stick with it.

can't help you on the cholesterol info. But rememeber that Atkins says that some people see a increase in their levels for a short period of time but then usually the numbers go down when you stick ith the diet.

You did the right thing by just eating the toppings off the pizza. Eventually you won't even want the bread.

You are off to a good start So Stick With It !!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-02, 16:43

Plan: Atkins induction AGAIN...
Stats: 242/197/199 Female 5'8.5"
BF:ALOT
Progress: 105%

Robin,
You may want to check this thread:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdis...p?forumid=48&s=

For the Cholesterol information. You will find a lot there. Remember to know the difference between your numbers, many doctors will just tell you your cholesteral went up, but you need to know your LDL reading and your HDL reading as well.

Good luck, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Cindy
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-02, 17:51

Plan: Atkins --> South Beach
Stats: 219/214.5/165 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Hey Robin – We had the same dinner last night! After a while you won't even want the crust. I didn't, and I can remember when it would have taken every ounce of willpower not to nibble. I was so much happier with just the good stuff from the top! MY kids go back and forth between thinking it's funny, or just gross – who cares?!

Anyway, kudos on passing the pizza test!

Best –
Rhu
(your New England neighbor.)
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 19:30

Plan: Controlled carbs
Stats: 218/195/150 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 34%
Default Robin!

Hi!

Whay pills are you on ?

I am on Norvasc 5mg. I was on Lipitor also but this week my doctor took me off because my blood pressure has returned to normal after 4 months on Atkins.

I will have my results for my blood work next week.

Good Luck to you !
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-02, 14:35

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 166/148/135
BF:
Progress: 58%

Hi Penelope,

I am on Lipitor 10 mg and it's working great!! I went from 278 this time last year to 156 when I was tested last week. My numbers were great so I'm staying on Atkins. I was really worried. It seems hard to believe your cholesterol doesn't go up eating so much meat and eggs. My doctor said to stay on the Lipitor for another year.

Good luck to you!!

Robin