Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 07:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/128/120
BF:
Progress: 77%
Unhappy plateau

I have hit a plateau and can't seem to lose any more weight. I am at 127 lbs and really only want to lose maybe 7 more lbs, but it just won't go! This is really frustrating. I went back to induction and have been doing it for a little over 2 weeks and still can't drop anymore weight. I even increased my regular excercise! This is just so frustrating- anyone else been here?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 07:56

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Patience is a virtue.

The last few pounds are always the hardest for your body to let go of. Just stick with the diet and continue on.

BTW going back to induction isn't going to speed you up on your weight loss. How long have you been on Atkin's?

I know I take a week break about every 6 months to eat anything I want to shake up my system and then continue on as normal. It actually works pretty well for me
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 09:35

BF:
Default plateau

I've been on Atkins since June. I did induction for the recommended 2 weeks and then went into the OWL stage- I did continue to lose a pound or 2 a week until recently. I did take about a week break- went on a business trip to New Orleans- and that did jump start me again. Maybe I need to try that, but I felt so guilty eating so many carbs! I also lost the wonderful energy that I have when I keep the carbs down. On OWL I raised my carb level to about 35-40 grams per day- I went back to induction because that is what Atkins recommends to help jump start more loss. I guess its so hard being patient because I lost so much weight so rapidly.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 09:40

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Just remember one thing if nothing else....

The slower the weight comes off as you hit goal, the more it will stay off because you have learned to eat exactly the right amount of food and the correct balance as well.

Hitting goal weight fast isn't always the best thing. Once you get there then what? How will you maintain it? Will you become a yo-yo dieter and only eat right if you gain weight in order to lose? Things to ponder over.

Take a deep breath and relax. The weight will move off when the body is ready and comfortable to do so.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 09:54

BF:
Smile thanks!

Thank you for the wonderful words of wisdom!!! You are right- it is about changing your way of eating and learning healthy habits- not just the weight loss! Thanks for the support and inspiration!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 10:03

Stats: 197/195/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hi jcykndll!

Agonycat has a point...patience.

Remember that you are very close to goal and already in the healthy weight range for your height. Things are bound to go a lot slower now. You have the rest of your life to be at goal, and remember, you didn't put the weight on overnight either.

Even if you only lose a pound a week you will be at goal in less than 2 months. That will also give you the chance to get those good eating habits etched in stone.

It will happen, just keep doing what you know works and you'll get there!

All the best,

KC
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 11:18

BF:
Default HI!

You are right- patience! I'm not even losing the one- two pounds a week anymore- UGH!!! Sometimes it just makes me want to gobble down a huge chocolate sundae- I feel so frustrated! Anyway, I guess I'm just going to keep the focus on the fact that I have lost so much and that I am at least maintaining that loss if nothing else! Hopefully, it will all come off in time. A lot of people at work keep complimenting me on my weight loss and asking how I did it- that feels good! My clothes fit a lot better- actually went down 2 sizes. I just want to hit that goal weight!!! Sometimes I think it is just the mental thing about achieving rather than the physical side of it. Anyway- you have been very helpful and thanks for the support- I knew I could find some good advice here!!!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 12:17

Plan: 40/35/25
Stats: 160/160/155 Female 5'10
BF:25/23/18
Progress: 0%

this thread is very encouraging too!
I am in the same position, I would like to lose another 5-10 pounds and have been staying at one weight for about 3 weeks. I am just happy that I can maintain the weight I am at, and that the habit is developing further of eating the LC way.

Its nice to hear others say I look so great, and above all else, I have alot more energy than I did before. I used to be so stuck on the lowfat way of eating, only eating carrot sticks and rice crackers.. I did that for years!!! This is much healthier!

All the encouragment on this support forum is so inspiriing and motivating, much much appreciated!!!
d
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 14:42

BF:
Talking Hello!

I did the low fat thing too for four months and lost a total of 5 pounds and then gained it all back when I had to quit running because of an injury. That was soooo discouraging!!! When I first started Atkins, I didn't think there was any way that it could work, but after just one week I felt so much better and my clothes started to fit better- it was just amazing! It is so nice to have some people to talk to that know exactly what you are going through and don't look at you like you are crazy for not diving into a bowl of carbohydrates. My husbands' side of the family thinks I am insane- they keep trying to make me eat potatoes and sugary desserts, etc... So the last gathering we had, I made a low carb cheesecake and they all kept talking about how wonderful it was and how did it feel to be cheating on my diet? I told them at the end of the night that it was low carb and they all looked at me like I was out of my mind. I have cooked meals at home that are low carb and my husband doesn't even know the difference. Anyway, thanks all for the encouragement!!