Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-31-01, 11:12

Plan: atkins
Stats: 206.0/196.5/140
BF:
Progress: 14%
Smile Anyone in the Seattle area?

Hi everyone...

I am starting induction tomorrow..what a great day to start, was just wondering if there is anyone in the Seattle area on any LC plan that wants to keep in touch..also, as a newbie, anyone have any suggestions to get me thru the first 2 weeks?

Good luck to everyone..
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 19:45
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Modified
Stats: 235/?/165
BF:
Progress: 23%
Talking I'm from Leavenworth

Laura... I'm from over the hill in Leavenworth. Started the Adkins program on the 27th. Would love to communciate with you
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 22:09

Stats: 206.0/196.5/140
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hi there..

I started induction on the 1st..wasnt too awfully bad really..today is day 2..and I am doing pretty well. Going to have some sugar free jello tonite..how are you doing??

Laura
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 22:52
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Modified
Stats: 235/?/165
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default yummmm, jello

Jello and whipping cream have become my favorite evening treat. It's just so great and sweet. Another wonderful food that I've recently fallen in love with is cucumbers. Nice and fresh and cold dipped in Uncle Dans/sour cream combo. Awesome.

It's amazing how good some foods taste now. No regrets or feeling sorry for myself .

Do you enjoy cooking? What are your trigger foods. I just plain like food, all food, but baked potatoes are a favorite.

Have a great evening Laura.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 00:50

Plan: adkins
Stats: 187/150/125
BF:
Progress: 60%

Hi Laura. I'm in Federal Way. I've been low carbing since October. It's sooooo much easier than I thought. I was a major carb addict. I've found that now I don't even have cravings anymore! I don't know that I have a whole lot of advice to give you other than just to read the posts. The senior members here are great! I love this site because it keeps me motivated. If I can do this.....so can you!!! Take care and good luck.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-02, 12:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Default Victoria, Bellingham.... not so far

Hey, there. I'm just "north" of y'all, in Victoria on Vancuover Island (Canada, eh?). I often make fast 1-day trips into WA, the Bellingham area mostly, for my lowcarb business.

Hope you all are doing well? It really helps that Spring is finally here.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-19-02, 20:51

Plan: SBD + Exercise
Stats: 218/211/135 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Cool Hi from Central Washington: Moses Lake

Hi,

I've been on Atkins since the last week of Feb. I've had a couple of rough starts/stops, but feel in the swing of LCing now! This site has been a wonderful tool and source of inspiration, motivation and determination

I was hoping to find some "local lo-carbers" and here you all are! Have any of you started journaling on this site? I have, and found it to be a good discipline in my life as well as a way for those that have blazed the trail before us to assist us.

I guess I can go searching for journals based by your names. I hope to "see" you all soon.

KT
  #8   ^
Old Sat, May-18-02, 21:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187/187/95 Female 5' 1"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Cool In Seattle...

Hi there.. just wanted to let you know there's another lowcarber here... I live in Ravenna.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 16:51
Registered Member

Stats: 190/171/150
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default In Seattle too!

Good to know there's so many Seattle-ites going "low-carb." I'm curious to know if any of you have found a low carb grocery in the Seattle area. I love the foods on the diet , but sometimes, the craving for a bag of chips is too much! Also, I'm having difficulty finding time to prepare food for myself with my summer schedule and I'm hoping I can find something like low carb bars to grab-n-go (at least for breakfast). Anybody?
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 14:30

Stats: 210/210/165
BF:
Progress: 0%
Cool Olympia, Washington

Hi, I am a newby. Well actually I have not started my LCarb yet. I tried it a few months ago and lost 15 lbs. on the Atkins. But I've been on a major binge since. I feel I did not have the support to keep going. So I'm looking for that support before I dive in this time. I might look into the Zone too. Hi to all you Pacific Northwesterners!

I sent an e-mail to the Atkins people asking them about a bulletin board for support. They said they needed five days to respond. They still haven't responded. In the meantime I inadvertently found this site, which is great. The least they could do is have your site listed as a link. Geezzzzz.

I just love the Internet. I love these animated icons too!!
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 17:21

Plan: SBD + Exercise
Stats: 218/211/135 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Hi Doreen and welcome to this WONDERFUL forum!!

Have you introduced yourself in the "newbies" area yet? If not, it is a good place to go as well.

When do you plan on beginning your New Way of Eating? Have you decided on the "Zone" or "Atkins"? I have done both and have been successful on both. I prefer Atkins because I don't have to worry about eating low-fat salad dressing. Right now I am doing something called the "T-Dawg" which is basically lowcarb with weight training (added low glycemic carbs on workout days).

There are many, many different areas for different needs, questions, concerns or comments. Just make yourself at home and enjoy the companionship of thousands of lowcarbers. Feel free to drop into journals to learn more about people and their journey in this NWoE. Many of people have gym journals as well as day to day journals. If you want to read someone's journal, just click on the little icon found in the bottom of anyone's (who has a journal, anyway ) post, and you will be taken to their journal.

I hope you find this site as informative, helpful and encouraging as I have. Best wishes to you on your journey to permanent wt. loss and maintenance.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Sep-03-02, 21:59

Stats: 270/242/180 Female 5feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default Hi everyone

Im from Tacoma hows everyone doing ?Ive LCing about 3 months but atarted posting about a month ago so far Im doing greatI didnt start to weigh myself until I was on it for a month I think Ive lost about 20 pounds all together I feel really good..........Good luck everyone........................
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-02, 14:30

Stats: 179/171/135
BF:39%/37%/30%
Progress: 18%

I'm in Seattle also--Fremont. As for a lc grocery--Trader Joe's has some stuff. Also Marlene's Market (there's one near my office in Federal Way) has lots--lc chocolates, lc pasta, etc...mostly stuff I'm waiting to try until I've gotten closer to goal...

Melissa
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Sep-26-02, 00:43

Plan: none
Stats: 133 1/129/122
BF:
Progress:

Hi everyone, I'm from over the water in Bremerton. Just started LC on the 16th of Sept. I lost 5 lbs. the first week and gained back 1 lb. Haven't been on the scale for a few days. I also am looking for pen pals if anyone is interested, please email me. Jewels
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Oct-09-02, 09:43

Plan: Eclectic
Stats: 205/190/145
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default 49th Parallel

Hi all! i am in Blaine, on the border. Been LCing since August I think. Second time around, learning learning. Love the BBS here. Off to start the day!

LocaJo