Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-14-05, 23:53
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, low cal
Stats: 122/107/98 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Having trouble getting back

In the past six months I have gained back 10 of my 20 pound loss (from the first time I did atkins) I have tried to get back on induction for the past month and always end up cheating and ruining it for a few days and then going back on it and then cheating again...bad bad cycle.

I hear all these stories about how you dont lose the weight the second time around and I wonder if I should just give up. It just seems I will never get back to my goal weight and the weight I felt best at again. I dont know why I keep cheating. Every day I say , ok I can do this I am going to be perfect today. then I end up cheating a little and I have the big "well I might as well blow the rest of the day and start again tomorrow" mindset. Well "tomorrow" is still out there somewhere and it just seems like I keep failing. The last time I did this I never cheating and now getting back on the wagon I feel like I wont even lose the weight again so why bother.

I gained the 10 pounds in a combination of things. One was falling in love made me a little lax. All those dates and cuddling by the tv with snacks was tons of fun but oh man bad for my body (my boyfriend gained some weight too and we joke about it but now he is going to start atkins as well) the other thing that did me in was I quit smoking 8 months ago and I think that I ate more from that too.

Any advice would be much help. Sorry to vent like this ut it helps to just get it all out. Does anyone know any tips on how to get started again and if I wont lose the weight since it is the second time around? I also know it is hard because I am only 10 pounds from goal weight. Goal weight for me sounds low (98 pounds) but I am very short and very small framed so even a little extra weight shows big time. 98 pounds is the weight I felt the besty and looked the best and had the best health. Ughhhh I feel so helpless!

Thanks for listening and any advice on this I would love
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-15-05, 08:50
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

I know I ramble and have typos galore but really any advice I really would like
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-15-05, 09:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/241/170 Female 5'4"
BF:40%/31%/29%
Progress: 5%

Is it really that you are starting over, or did you just go through a cheat cycle?? I ate a couple of those wonderful Double Ultimate Whoppers last week, and went right back on induction and the 2 pounds I gained fell right back off with 2 more!!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-15-05, 09:32

Plan: Atkins > Low Carb > SBD
Stats: 165/165/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:Dont WANT to know
Progress: 0%

when you start, you just have to think "im in atkins" you cant even think about the other food and if you do you can look at it and turn away thinking "i CANNOT have that" its really suprising how quickly you stop craving and desireing things. i can sit in an ice cream store as my friends chow and just watch and wait for them to finish without feeling a thing!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-15-05, 15:40
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

thanks for the good advice so far!

Yeah I really need to just get into that mindset. I always seem to wake up and do a good breakfast and then slowly the day turns bad. And it is not like cake bad it is just nomal carb food bad or too much low carb food bad.

But, since this is my second time around will I not be able to lose it on Atkins? I am so sad and self-conscious now and just want to get back into my tight jeans and self confident attitude!

I just hope I can lose the weight again
  #6   ^
Old Sun, May-15-05, 15:54

Plan: Low carb / high Protein
Stats: 290/238/215 Male 6ft 2inc
BF:18.92
Progress: 69%

You will be able to lose the weight. This is my second time at this Way of Life as well. It is a little harder at first but I tell you I am way more successful this time around. It is good that you got your boy friend on board that is going to be a huge help. I am the only one in my family that is doing this. I am on my way to take my kids to MacDonald’s right now But just stay with the program it will pay off. It is like quieting smoking our any other addiction it takes time and a lot of mind set but I think you can do it. Get right involved with it go to fitday get the program and get on this forum all the time, start to walk and work out ( the more effort you put into it the harder it will be to throw it all away ), start to see your progress. I would be surprised if I were not reading your success story in the success page in this forum in a couple months

Just stay with it you will get over it soon
  #7   ^
Old Sun, May-15-05, 18:07
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Thanks so much for the kind words. I would love nothing more than to be in the success forum in a couple of months.

See my problem is the whole tomorrowism thing. Today has not been too great. it has not been bad but I have gone overboard on low carb foods (a couple slices of atkins bread and an atkins bar plus a lc tortilla with cheese) :O

So I am throwing all that stuff out tonight and just going on induction...no more excuses. I just hope upon hope I can lose this weight again...it all goes to my tummy and I have to say I now know what I will look like pregnant!

Anyone else have atkisn then went off plan for months or years and then be successful again?
  #8   ^
Old Sun, May-15-05, 18:49

Plan: LC - 50C or less
Stats: 455/246/200 Female 5ft 9in
BF:
Progress: 82%

If you want to scare yourself ... thin.. look at my stats. About 80 lbs of that is "tomorrowism". So take care of it now and stop making excuses.

Now being mean..just being tough ~ GET IT DONE GIRL!
  #9   ^
Old Sun, May-15-05, 20:35
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

I know I need to get it done, i am just so depressed about it. I cant even stand to look in the mirror. Ugh...

I have made the decision that I will no longer use tomorrowisms. I also need to take it one day at a time. Mini goals. My first goal is to be at 105 by the end of May and then we will see where it goes.

I am just terrified! That I won't lose the weight. I only have time to exercise about an hour a day (I work full time and go to school full time) so I think I also need to cut down on cals. I hear 10x your goal weight. Well for me that would be so low but not low enough to wher ei dont think i can handle it (970 cals a day )

Thanks for the advice so far
  #10   ^
Old Mon, May-16-05, 09:50
Brown-Eyed Girl

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%

When I'm successful it's because I'm thinking "it's all or nothing". If I fall off, I tend to go overboard. If I plan on an endulgance, I have to understand that it must be occasional and I must get right back on plan afterwards. You'll make it. It's just time to re-evaluate and get serious again.