Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-28-02, 20:03

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%
Smile Day 17 and Thrilled!

Today I started getting dressed and had to go find a new pair of pants! LOL I was thrilled! They were so loose on me that they were too long to walk in!

I put on another pair that didn't fit last week and they fit perfectly! Even the pleats in the front show up!

I love this! I'm not craving anything, really don't feel like I'm "dieting".....and I am not dieting....this is the way I will be eating for life!

I have a basket of candy sitting on my desk at work....long story, but everyone expects it to be there.....and it doesn't bother me at all! I've not had a single piece since I started doing Atkins! Today I went into a co-worker's office and she had candy corn....candy corn! I loved that stuff! No desire at all!

PLEASE tell me this won't end!

I've always said I was a bread eater....bread, pasta, potatoes, rice....those were always a part of a "good" meal....or snack. Now I don't care. I thought I'd miss the bread especially, but I really have no desire for it!

I'm eating good, I'm feeling good....this is great!

I'm following the meal plans, I think I'm getting plenty of calories, nutrients, etc.....not as high as some people say it should be, but I'm going by Dr A's criteria....I eat when I'm hungry, stop when I'm full.

Whoo Hoo!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-28-02, 20:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

First, I am so very happy for you that you are losing well and feeling well. that is great. You are having all the happy effects of being in ketosis and FINALLY losing weight!

Secondly, I wish I could say that this would never end, but it might. The best thing you can do is "be prepared". If a craving for a sweet thing strikes, go immediately and eat some legal protein. That will probably send the craving back to H**L where it came from.

You keep on enjoying the feelings and the losing weight. You are earning every pound.

#3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-28-02, 20:14
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Congratulations CindySue!! You sound just like me when I started....I was amazed at the "level of satisfaction" I exprienced...and continue to experience with this WOE. For me, it never did end...I rarely snitch candy or cookies or bread. I just don't miss it that much.

I think you'll do just fine.

One itsy-bitsy warning though.... Atkins says eat when you're hungry and stop when your SATISFIED....not "full". I think that's an important distinction to make so pardon me if I'm "splitting hairs" here, or if you understood that already. Part of my experience in LCing has been learning to listen to my body much more closely, and stopping when I've had enough to cure my hunger has helped me with portion control. (I used to eat 'til I was stuffed almost every night.) It's also helped me in getting in 5 small meals a day, rather than 3 big ones, which is better for you in many ways.

I can't wait to follow your progress! We love to hear enthusiasm like yours!! Don't rush out and buy too many new (smaller) clothes....'cause you'll be shrinking out of them very soon too!!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-29-02, 18:04

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%
Default Thanks!

Thanks for the suppport, encouragement and advice!

Tofi....I haven't really had any sweet cravings, but I was wondering what might be best if I did...thanks for the advice! Today after a work meeting where pizza was served (nope, didn't have any) I wanted "something"...didn't really want sweet....just wanted to have something....so I had some more lettuce and dressing. It did the trick!

Terri!
Yes, I meant satisfied, not full....I don't think I've felt "full" since I started on induction....but I'm certainly satisfied. Mostly I'm not hungry, but eat what I'd planned...occasionally I do have feelings of hunger and if it's close to a "planned" meal I have that...if not I have a hard boiled egg or two. I love eggs!

I think the biggest thing is planning what I'll have the night before. I have breakfast before I leave for work....and bring 2 small meals with me...meat and veggie or salad with meat. When I get home I have supper wth my son. I do have a tendency toward insomnia, and the past week has been terrible because of a cold, so it's not uncommon for me to have a "snack" around 11 or 12....and egg usually.

I have a closet full of clothes that I haven't been able to wear. Some because they don't fit....most because I've had trouble with swollen legs and was too embarassed to wear anything other than pants. Now my legs are getting better and I'm looking forward to wearing some of the nice things I have.....and if they don't fit I'll have them taken in!

You all have been a great support! Thanks so much!

Cindy
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Aug-29-02, 20:12
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Great Cindy.... sounds like you've got it all under control! Way to go!

Check out the recipes in our subforum....there's some really good ones!!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-02, 12:10
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: ???/???/???
BF:
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up oh yeaaa...

Boy, do I remember THAT feeling! Its wonderful when your body finally flushes out the carbs and start burning the fuel and everything comes together. I remember my energy levels surging thru the roof, after 4 months and losing 50 pds, I feel bullet proof around temptations. Good for you. Its an amazing moment when you realize that you are eating right and not even struggling, feeling great AND losing.

My only caution is ....I can only speak for me, but I am a carb addict to the core of my being. I started atkins again today, after a 2 year binge. The one thing I know now that I didn't know then, is a little bit will kill me. I got comfortable and decided that Thanksgiving I could have a meal of my choice. Well, obviously..here I am 2 years later. Once again, Dr. Atkins talks about different people reacting differently. I just had to find out the hard way, what type I am.

Enjoy this, you've worked hard for it !