Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-27-02, 08:37

Plan: CKD Sept '02
Stats: 280/240/200
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Would this workout plan work?

Monday AM - Cardio and Chest/Triceps
Tuesday AM - Cardio and Back/Biceps
Wednesday AM - Cardio and Shoulders/ABS
Thursday AM - Cardio

Depeletion would occur Friday PM or Saturday AM (depending on my schedule) with a circuit workout.

Carb up would commence after depletion workout and last until Sunday PM.

Is it acceptable for the depletion workout to vary between friday AM and Saturday PM?

I am more concerned with excess fat loss right now, but will one wrokout per week per muscle group be enough to maintain the lean mass i already have? Well i guess in reality it will be two workouts per week per muscle group if you count the depletion.

Thanks for any input
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-27-02, 10:19
Registered Member

Plan: PP/now CKD
Stats: 212/132/125
BF:?%/21%/18%
Progress: 92%

Big Dog,

I'm really not answering your questions, I know, but when are you working your legs? I've been doing CKD for 7 weeks, working each muscle group once, plus depletion, and I've maintained my LBM. It definitely works. Make sure you lift heavy early in the week.

Fernie
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-27-02, 10:26

BF:

i dont really work my legs, never had to in the past either, they are tree trunks and get all the work they need from cardio.

i may add a few leg exercises into the circuit at the end of the week
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-27-02, 12:56

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Default looks good ...

Your plan looks good ... the workouts later in the week may suffer a bit, so your shoulder workout should probably be made up of isolation moves for your medial delts ... especially since the anterior and posterior delts are gonna take a beating on Mon and Tues ...

I would also second the idea of doing some legs early in the week ... even if it is just a few sets of squats or heavy leg presses before you start your chest work ... Will help with delpeting glycogen as well as the hormonal benefits of the squats.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-27-02, 13:54

BF:

I will have to see how much workout i can fit in before work.

If i have time i will add a little leg work to Monday and move Shoulders from wednesday to tuesday.

That leaves me with no strength training wednesday and thursday - is that ok?
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Aug-27-02, 14:02

Default yep

If done properly, that routine (weights/cardio) will leave you dragging your butt thru Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. LOL.

Cardio should be fun on Thursday for you ...
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Aug-27-02, 14:03

BF:

cool

thanks for the input
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Aug-27-02, 20:11
Registered Member

Plan: Modified 'BODYOPUS'
Stats: 238/212/200
BF:22%/11%/7%
Progress: 68%

Quote:
i dont really work my legs, never had to in the past either, they are tree trunks and get all the work they need from cardio.

-You've never really worked out... if you haven't done a balls to the wall leg day (including heavy squats). That's what nightmares are made of (Trainerdan likes to work legs as I recall, but, keep in mind he's a sadomasochist).
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Aug-28-02, 05:43

BF:

I have done some intense leg work in the past. Mostly hip sled and squat machine, especially for football in high school.

Probably as i get deeper into the program i will add some leg work since I will hopefully be losing weight and my legs wont get as good of a workout carrying my big butt around
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Aug-28-02, 06:58

Default well ...

LOL ... I am more of a masochist than a sadomasichist. I don't get pleasure out of inflicting pain on others. Just myself. I guess that makes me an automasochist. LOL.

Well, there were a couple of clients that I didn't like that I put through the wringer and I secretly enjoyed it ... so maybe you're right ... LOL
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 21:15

Plan: BFL
Stats: 190/?/135
BF:21%
Progress: 60%

TrainerDan.... I've been posting all over the place, so bear with me if I'm repeating some things.... but...

I'm doing the BFL workouts, but I want to couple that with CKD. Will it work, or will I be totally depleted far too soon in the week? I also have LONG dance practices and teach dance, plus I'm doing the BFL aerobic challenge between days I lift. Too much? Okay?

This is such a new experience for me---contemplating CKD and using BFL instead of "winging it standard" at the gym....and I'm loving every second of this stuff. I just want to do it right, and get results.

Thanks.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 07:10
Registered Member

Plan: CKD
Stats: 281/272/205 Male 68.5 inches
BF:29/28/10
Progress: 12%

i see alot of different workouts, I used to use Mike Mentzers Heavy duty workout. Once a week after carb up. I never did the depletion workout though. I considered my 16 hours of work prior to carb up enough. But Mentzers , if done right will tap the hell out of your body.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 06:10

BF:

Wow this thread is a blast from the past

here is the plan i have followed since September

Started out doing chest/triceps/ shoulders on monday and back/bicpes/legs on tuesdays. After a few months i flipflopped the days, then a month or so later switched back.

Just this week i juggled things again just for a change of pace, now i am doing chest/back/shoulders on monday and biceps/triceps/legs on tuesdays.

Wednesday is cardio and abs. Thursday is cardio or rest Friday is full body circuit and cardio

As for results: I have dropped 25 pounds, lost 5 inches from my belly, 2 inches at waist, 3 inches from chest and 2 inches from hips and increased the weights i use. For example the first week my bench press was 3 sets of 8-10 reps with 115 pounds now i do 2 sets of 6-8 reps with 185 and 1 set of 20-25 with 115. While i woul dlike to lose more pounds i am very happy with the lost inches and increased strenght