Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 19:26
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 163.5/151/130
BF:
Progress: 37%
Smile Countdown to 125-130

Hey ya'll! I've been on this board a bunch of times and I haven't found a countdown club for myself. I'm 16 and I'm counting down to 125-130lbs. I'm looking for buddies to share thoughts, ideas, recipies, workout plans, ect. with. Interested? Email me. Bye ya'll... And good luck with the weight loss!

*~* Felicia *~*
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-16-02, 11:21

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 165/157/125
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default I'LL BE YOUR BUDDY

I would love to be your buddy...I am also looking to reach the 125 mark...that would be the greatest feeling in the world.
currently I am slacking off on my exercise but I have started again on Sunday and plan to do it even twice a day...especially now when it's realy hot outside and you see everyone in shorts....and you see all that cute clothes out there... let me know how you are doing?
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-02-02, 19:48

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 186/186/140 Female 52 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

shutting for at the most 130 here... Use to weigh 112 when i first got married but i am tryign ot get to around 125- 130 now...

We can do this ..

Your friend Tammy
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-03-02, 07:57
Contributing Member

Plan: lowcarb .
Stats: 160/141/127 Female 5'6"
BF:it"s for SALE!
Progress: 58%

Do you all mind if I join your group??

Happy Friday....Cin
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-07-02, 17:18

Plan: atkins
Stats: 168/159/130
BF:
Progress: 24%
Smile

Hi
I would love to join your group also!! I am eager to see that scale pop up a "125"--sometimes it seems that I will never get there. I work hard at the gym 3x a week and walk 3.5 miles the other days. I have been doing this plus Atkin's for 6 weeks now and I have only lost--- 8 lbs.... I am at 155 lbs now got 30 left to go. I am moving to Orlando, Fl on Friday. I don't know what I will do without my trainer. I am scared that I will go back to my unhealthy ways...AND I am getting married next Saturday and going on my honeymoon---where I won't have a chance to work out--I guess I could go on some walks with my Hubby though...what do you all think?

Thanks for listening iNDY!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-30-02, 09:44
Registered Member

Stats: 148/147/125 Female 5' 8
BF:
Progress: 4%
Wink

Howdy~

I would like to join your group I am at a size 10 right now and want to get back into a 4 or 6 .. I will still feel big compared to my friend who are 0's and 2's.. oh well I have always had hips.. any how Good luck to everyone
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-02, 10:48

Stats: 188/157/130
BF:
Progress: 53%

It appears my goals are the same as most in this group so I'm going to CRASH THE GROUP PARTY!

I was 103 when my husband and I married and at 9 mos pregnant only weighed 145. After a hysterectomy at age 28 I started putting on the weight and at 188 I decided I had to lose because I was tired of not seeing myself in pictures of our vacations and family outings. I always hid behind the camera.

I started on 1/23/02 and have currently gone from 188 to 157. I will throw a big party when I reach the 125-130 mark.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-02, 11:47
Registered Member

Plan: lean for life
Stats: 168/159/129
BF:
Progress: 23%
Cool I'm in!

Hi Everyone!

I want to get into the 120s too - can I join?
I have gained weight recently even after being unhappy with my weight of high 140s! Feel terrible that summer's here and I've ballooned instead of loosing. But the greatest thing is I HAVE started to do something about it!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 10:54

Stats: 180/179/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 2%
Default Me too!

I'd like to join this group too - my stats are very similar to everyone else's. I've been LCing for the past 2 weeks and have lost 7 pounds so far. I'm psyched!! God - I so want to be a size 8 again - right now I'm a 14! And like you Beebsie - I'd like to be IN FRONT of the camera every once in a while instead of behind it!
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 08:06

BF:
Thumbs up

Sounds like you are off to a great start. I'm currently at 157 and still wearing a 12 but I am hoping to get back at it hard once the summer winds down. It is hard to keep being good when everyone is having birthdays and those pina coladas taste so good on a hot day. What types of foods are you eating and what plan are you following?

Good luck with the next week. It gets easier after 2-3 weeks.

#11   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 08:25

BF:

Oh! A pina colada sounds so good or better yet - a margarita!! I'm following Atkins so I basically have an egg or two for breakfast, along with either sausage or a few strips of bacon and a cup of coffee with 2 pks of half and half and 2 pkts of SweetnLow. For lunch - normally lettuce with a sprinkling of shredded cheddar cheese, ranch dressing and some type of meat. Dinner is another cup of lettuce, or a vegetable and meat again. And of course, at least 64 oz of H2o!!

Sounds a bit more monotonous than it is really, though. So far I've not been bored - we'll see how the next couple of weeks go. My weakness is sweets - it's been hell passing up those donuts and endless candy temptations at the office (what is it with junk food and offices???) but I've been strong!

I cannot wait to get out of the 160s - I've been here WAY too long!! Hopefully, I'll have you guys in this thread to encourage me along the way!!

Good luck to you in revamping your program! Have a great weekend!
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Aug-26-02, 15:03

BF:
Default Monday blahs!!

Hi Beebsie and Company! hope everyone had a great weekend!

Well, I hate to say it but I caved!! Just when I thought I was getting so strong....I caved in and had a few Oreo cookies (4 to be precise!) over the weekend...and 1/2 of a soda! I could just kick myself..I feel SOO weak. Plus, I did not drink half as much water as I should have. Obviously, I did not lose any weight over the weekend but the good news is that (thankfully!), I did not GAIN either! I was so relieved that the scale showed me some mercy this morning!

Anyway, so it's back to business for me.....I will resist all temptation in future!

So - how did your weekend go??
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Aug-27-02, 06:46

BF:

I was so bad this weekend it wasn't even countable.
Today I'll start fresh and see how long I can go. Now that the kids are back to school it will be easier for me to resist. I have a hard time passing up bad food when I'm at lunch with my daughter. Now she is at school so I'll be better. I HOPE!

Good luck this week!
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Aug-27-02, 07:25

BF:

I know what you mean - it's the kids' junk food that presents me with the most temptation......I have NO problem in passing up the pasta, grains and bread.

I see that you've lost 30 pounds so far! That is so great! Keep up the good work - 30-35 pounds is what I'm aiming for, so you are an inspiration to me! How long have you been LCing and what plan are you following?