Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-05, 16:54

Plan: my own
Stats: 242/224/170 Female 5foot8inches
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default weight gain

Do others weigh themselves several times a day? I can weigh up to five pounds more from early morning weight. Is that why you should weigh yourself like once a week?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-05, 16:57

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 198/175/158 Female 5'10"
BF:I am 5'10" tall
Progress: 57%
Smile

hi, only weigh yourself in the morning, other times during the day you may be weighing everything in your stomach before digestion....

also, dont weigh yourself during your time of the month......this will make you feel discouraged, because of the water weight...

I usually weigh myself every other day, and in the morning.........

take care, Gina
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-05, 17:23

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 276.4/266.6/200 Female 5'8
BF:I've got some!!!
Progress: 13%

I am a SCALE-AHOLIC!! and I don't care! I have to weigh my self everyday! Its just a problem, I like to know if I have lost anything over night!!! I know its dumb, but, I just do it!

LOL!!!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-05, 17:42
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

I try to only weigh myself a couple times a week. I get too discouraged otherwise if I don't see a loss.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-05, 18:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGa
Do others weigh themselves several times a day? I can weigh up to five pounds more from early morning weight. Is that why you should weigh yourself like once a week?

That's exactly correct....you will lose your mind if you weigh several times a day!!!

I weigh myself about twice a week when I first get up.

Julie
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-05, 20:47

Stats: 224/218/150 Female 5' 5"
BF:32%/31%/25%
Progress: 8%

I have a scale obsession as well, but I agree that you should only weigh yourself in the morning.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-05, 21:00

Plan: No. This wasn't my plan!
Stats: 185/185/145 Female 5' 7"
BF:Don't go there
Progress: 0%

I weight too much. I weigh first when I go to the gym in the evenings, before my work out THEN weigh again after my work out (how stupid is that?) I really need to get to the point of where I only weigh once a week.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-05, 21:13
Registered Member

Stats: 255/232/190 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 35%

I am one of those who weigh myself every day. The reason I like to do that is because then I know if I ate to much the day before, and I can rethink how to eat better for the day. if I stay the same or show a slight loss I feel like the day before was a good day.
Best Regards Night-Owl

#9   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-05, 21:23

Stats: 275/224/140 Female 5 foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%
I thought I was a weigh in freek, I weigh 2 times a week. First thing Sunday morning and the first thing Thurs morning. I would love to be able to weigh once a week that way I would see a higher number. I do 2 times to be encouraged or to tighten down. I just don't see how you could notice that much and be sure that it is right if your weighing every day or some people 3 or 4 times a day. I believe in Dr.A's book it says to weigh 2 times a week but I could be wrong. I think you might get more encouragment if you tried not to weigh in everyday.

#10   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-05, 21:56

Stats: 224/218/150 Female 5' 5"
BF:32%/31%/25%
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmynWV
I thought I was a weigh in freek, I weigh 2 times a week. First thing Sunday morning and the first thing Thurs morning. I would love to be able to weigh once a week that way I would see a higher number. I do 2 times to be encouraged or to tighten down. I just don't see how you could notice that much and be sure that it is right if your weighing every day or some people 3 or 4 times a day. I believe in Dr.A's book it says to weigh 2 times a week but I could be wrong. I think you might get more encouragment if you tried not to weigh in everyday.

Easier said than done. I wish I could only weigh myself only once or twice a week. I'm hoping that as I progress further along in the program, I will feel less of a need (or should I say want) to weigh myself.