Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-10-02, 01:38
Registered Member

Plan: None Specific
Stats: 188/153/132
BF:
Progress: 63%
Thumbs up I could use a buddy in the UK if poss

Hi All
I've really just started the low-carb lifestyle and could really use a buddy.
I am 35yrs old, married with 3 children aged 11, 4 and 3. We live in a small village in South Cheshire. My husband works away from home most of the time, so I am a bit limited as to what I can do and where I can go because he has the car with him.

I decided to try a low-carb diet a couple of months ago, and have been doing it half-heartedly until this week when i tohught that's it, I have got to lose this weight and start feeling good about myself again.

I do a moderate amount of exercise I suppose. I walk alot (I have to with no car) and I have an abslide that I use every day for about 15mins. I also get a lot of general exercise in the garden. It's 60ft long and we have dug up all the lawn and laid new seed, so there is plently of hard work to do there and keep be moving.

I would love to buddy up with someone from the UK, but I'm happy to chat to anyone really - if anyone wants to chat with me.

Lou
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-10-02, 05:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

Lou,

I am not from the UK, but will be happy to chat with you! Welcome to this forum, keep posting here - you now have thousands of friends from all over the world who are in the same boat you are.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Aug-10-02, 07:09
Registered Member

BF:
Cool Talon

Thanx for replying to me. It would be lovely to chat with you. I get the impression from what I have been reading on the different forums that everyone is like one big happy family. Everyone is really helpful and friendly - it's great - just what you need to help keep you going.
I will keep posting here as often as I can. Already I feel inspired and am working hard to get my weight off and be happier and healthier.

Lou
Attached Images
File Type: gif roadrunner.gif (3.0 KB, 33 views)
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-10-02, 08:54

Plan: General LC-ing
Stats: 145/127/120
BF:BMI 23.7
Progress: 72%

Louly,
Go to the Low carb and support site, click on UK.
I'm sure you'll find nice, helpful friends there....
but don't leave the rest of us out
Welcome and by the way your garden sound wonderful.
I love gardening
greentea
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-02, 01:22
Registered Member

BF:
Default I would never leave anyone out

Greentea

Thanx for your message, I would never leave anyone out, and am more than happy to chat to all of you. I just thought that I would say UK because it's closest to me, same supermarkets etc!!! I am having a fun time browsing the boards and reading everyones postings it's like becoming part of a new family. I am very happy to talk with anyone who will talk with me.

Lou
Attached Images
File Type: gif roadrunner.gif (3.0 KB, 27 views)
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-02, 07:04

Good Morning (at least in US )
What did you do to get down to 159 before you
started LC-ing?
I'm sorta following the Go Diet (I'm the only one on this site,
I think) I chose it cuz it was mainly how I was eating anyway.
The only thing I do different is to choose (try to anyway) my
LC food from the ERFYBT lists. Seems to be
working for me but everyone is different and need to find what's right for themselves.
From the posts I've been reading, there seems to be more LC
products available (in normal stores) in the UK than there are
here in NE Ohio. Thankfully, there is a natural food store just
a few blocks from me
Have a great day
greentea
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Aug-12-02, 11:51
Registered Member

BF:
Cool Greentea

How did I get down to 159? Well to start with a did this totally stupid egg and grapefruit diet for a week which knocked 14 pounds off. Very silly diet to do because I quickly put 7 pounds back on. Then I just cut down drastically, and to be honest just ate so little it was untrue. Neil started a new job and so was never at home so I would just have toast everytime I felt peckish. Plus we moved to our home here in January and I was getting loads of exercise sorting the house out. That's it really, a very stupid way to lose weight! Then a couple of months ago my Mum started talking about LC and I thought lets give it a try, so here i am now at 157lbs this morning (Hurray) and really doing my best to stick to the LC foods. I love fish so I am just making sure I am eating plenty of it. I keep expecting to start feeling a bit off colour but my body obviously loves my new regime because I feel fantastic, and i am eating more than I have for months.

Anyway got to go for now, kids to sort out and get to bed etc.

Lou
Attached Images
File Type: gif roadrunner.gif (3.0 KB, 24 views)
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Aug-12-02, 12:24

Louly,
Cogratulations on the weight loss
Keep us posted.
greentea
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 13:03
Registered Member

BF:
Wink What a great day!!

Hello Buddies

What great day I have had! I've lost more weight and am feeling fantastic!! LC is certainly working for me! I wish I'd found out about it sooner.
Can't really talk now, because I've to get the boys to sleep. It's been a really busy day for us all. My daughter Abi went off the London this morning for a couple of days with my parents, and the boys and I have been busy getting the house straight after the departure of my step-daughters!! My God were they messy!!

Catch you all later

Lou
Attached Images
File Type: gif roadrunner.gif (3.0 KB, 19 views)
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Aug-14-02, 10:30

Question

Louly,
you're a lady on the go.....
are you losing coz of diet or running
around so much
geeentea
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Aug-14-02, 17:36
Registered Member

BF:
Cool Greentea

Hi

I reckon that it could be a bit of both. I haven't felt this good for years, or had this much energy. If I wasn't losing weight I don't think that I would be running around half as much as I am. I keep waiting for the headaches to start or for me to see sick or something, but it's been a full week now and I just keep feeling better and better. I suppose that the bubble will pop soon enough, but I am going to enjoy the way I feel, and I hope it just continues.

Lou
Attached Images
File Type: gif roadrunner.gif (3.0 KB, 16 views)
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Aug-15-02, 15:37
Registered Member

BF:
Wink Hello Buddies

Just a quickie to say that I weighed in this morning at 153lbs, which means that I have broken 11st (Hurray). Only 21 pounds to go!!!

I have spent a really boring day playing on the PC with the boys and now at 10pm ish I am just waiting for Neil to phone me before I go up to bed.

Talk to you all in the morning

Lou
Attached Images
File Type: gif roadrunner.gif (3.0 KB, 15 views)
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Aug-16-02, 08:12

Louly,
Congratulations
Have you picked any specific plan yet, or still
doing your own thing?
What kinds of things are you eating?
greentea
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Aug-17-02, 00:50
Registered Member

BF:
Cool Greentea

Unfortunately I haven't picked a specific plan yet as I didn't get the chance to go hunting foe books the last time Neil was home, maybe I will this time. I hope so anyway.

So what am I eating, well lots of my favourite veg, courgettes, because I've got plenty (we grow our own).
Cheese
Bacon
Eggs
Fish - I love fish and eat all sorts but mostly fresh and tinned tuna, smoked cod, swordsfish and smoked haddock.

I am avoiding like the plague, bread, potatoes and pasta and am trying to have as little milk as possible, but I have to give in to the occassional cup of tea!!

I am doing lots of things with the fish, stir fries etc. And tonight I am going to have my favourite chicken dish, cos I think that it's pretty low carb. It's a chicken breast fillet stuffed with sliced cheese and then wrapped in smoked bacon and baked for about 20 mins until chicken just cooked!!! It's delicious, and as I say, I think that it is ok for me to have.

Tomorrow will be a hard day, because Neil is home and we are going to go for a pub meal down by the canal. The kids can have a run about and we can sit and watch the barges go by in the afternoon sun!!! A nice relaxing afternoon!!! I haven't had one of those in a while and Neil certainly hasn't!!!

Bye for now
Hope I'm eating the right sort of things
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Aug-17-02, 08:04

Louly,
While you're waiting to go book hunting,
make use of the orange tool bar. click on
LC books and LC studies. Good reading.