Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-09-02, 13:34

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%
Thumbs up I Didn't Know U All Were Here~My People!

How cool! I had no idea that all my people were here! All this time I've been posting here and never knew that there was a forum for triple digiters.

I'm so happy to meet you all! I hope to post here regularly, and hope that I can give as much encouragement to you as I have gotten here.

I can't remember his name, but the gentleman with those blue eyes and beard, you are so handsome! (don't tell my hubby I said that).

Anyways, just wanted to say hello and I FOUND YOU!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-10-02, 01:22

Plan: atkins-ish
Stats: 403/403/299 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking Where ya' Been???

We've been waiting for you over here!!!!

Yeah, that is Donald or "DWRolfe". Not only is he handsome, he's a very nice person and very supportive.

Donald, are your ears burning yet???

Anyway, Betty, welcome to the triple digits club!!!

I noticed that we have the same goal. Isn't it funny that some people are STARTING at 200 pounds and we are just trying to get there???

That's ok though, I was pretty happy with the way I looked at around that size. Actually, who knows I might stop before hand. I really just want to be a size 16 again so whatever weight I'm at when I get there that's when i'll stop.

How did you pick your goal weight?

Ok, just wanted to say HOWDY!!!

Peace,
Star
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Aug-10-02, 01:26

Plan: Somersize
Stats: 200/165/130
BF:
Progress: 50%

I know this might be a dumba** question, but what's the triple digits club?
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-10-02, 01:31

BF:
Default Not a dumb question

That's ok!!!

Triple digits club means that you have 100 pounds or more to lose...(3 digits in 100 vs. the 50 or whatever pounds others have to lose)
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Aug-10-02, 09:35

BF:

starchile, thank you for your warm welcome! firstly, I must say, you are gorgeous! Your avatar is a blessing to me.

You said: "I noticed that we have the same goal. Isn't it funny that some people are STARTING at 200 pounds and we are just trying to get there???"

Yes! And the funnier thing is I'm completely comfortable with that, like yourself. Most people who haven't walked in our shoes can't fathon this, can they? The thought of having a goal of 200 pounds freaks them out.

I guess some would condsider that a sell-out goal. But I do have a logical reason, too. I'm a tall woman with a large frame (when I weighed 140--when I was 16--for a brief period of time, my wrist was STILL 7.5-inches around!), and while still chubby at 200, I will be a size I'm comfortable with.

Now for the psychological reason: To start at 350+ and say I want to get to 150 is really harsh to me, so 200 rounds it up nicely. When I get to 200, I can make a new goal if I wish.

200-pounds this time will be a healthful, active, muscular 200--not a flabby, heavy-breathing, ne'er-a-weight-lifted 200. I think it will make all the difference in the world, don't you?

Thanks again for the kind welcome, looking forward to hanging out here with you!

Yes, Donald, that man is a good looking man.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Aug-10-02, 12:08

Plan: Somersize
Stats: 200/165/130
BF:
Default Thanks, Starchile!

I was confused! But hey, over the past 5 or 6 years, I've lost over 100lbs......yo-yo dieting
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-02, 16:54
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 358/345/175
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default 200.....sounds so good to me

I give you two credit for using 200 as your goal. I actually chickend out because it "Sounded like way too much" . Actually I would love to be at 200. Actually I will say 199. Anything that starts with a 1 will be 1derful..........I might go back and change my goal if I can. I am glad to see that someone else is in my shoes.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Aug-12-02, 11:45

BF:
Default Hellloooooo!

Hey Betty thanks for the compliment on my pic! That's very nice of you to say!!! (blush!) It's been nice to lose weight...builds your confidence!

Yeah, I was originally shy about putting my goal weight up but then I thought...who cares???? I don't want/feel the need to be a size 6. I'm a big girl and I've always been and I looked like a normal person so again...who cares???

Good to see someone else out there with a similar mentality!

I have to say...I just read your whole signature and that is just HILARIOUS!!! It's one of those "if I don't laugh I'll cry" type things but sometimes you just gotta love those! Humor is very much one of my coping mechanisms!!!!

Alrightee then! Oh, just in case you would like to jump on the bandwagon, there is a "no cheat til Labor day" group that has started in the countdown club under "no cheat til labor day"...(go figure, huh? ) Join us if you'd like!!!

Looking forward to losing weight with you!!! SEE you at 200!

Peace,
Star
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Aug-12-02, 12:50

BF:
Default Til Labor Day!!!

...Okay, I'd ~ L O V E ~ to join you all! Thanks for the offer.

I guess I will check for the thread you mention in the countdown area (I am still lurking around in some areas and I have yet to even hear of the countdown club ). So many things to see here, it's great!

I'm glad you liked my sig. I just put exactly what it feels like being fat--good body image aside. You know what I mean, I know. It's one thing to have a healthy love for our fat bodies, but it doesn't make "being fat" physically easy, does it? I thought you'd agree.

Well, I have to tell you, I am REALLY thrilled to meet you, starchile. And of course, all who are in this TDC.

Wishing you all many successful and blessed days!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Aug-12-02, 12:54

BF:

Hi FunSF!

You need not be a chicken around here! Put whatever goal you need to put on there, and don't even think about what others think about it. Besides, no one here would ever think anything negative about you from your goal weight.

We'll stand together on this! by the way, I like the idea you had about the 199 goal! I love NINER goals--you know, they end in number 9. It's exciting to hit a NINER because it's seemingly a lot less than the number after it ending in ZERO.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Aug-12-02, 18:06
Registered Member

Stats: 358/345/175
BF:
Progress: 7%
Smile 299!

Hi Betty.

Thanks for the response.....

Yes, those nines are great. You are pretty close to 299 and I will be right behind you. It is just going to be great to put that scale down a notch.

I know I need to set some smaller short term goals. So I think the 9 thing is just perfect. So how bout 339 by the end of the month! And I think I saw on one of the post a 'NO CHEAT TILL LABOR DAY" I have been able to stay 'Cheat Free" so far, so I know I can make it till then.

Good luck to you...........
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 10:16

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Smile Jumpin back in!

LOL...y'all are so sweet!...

Hello Triple Digits Club!

For those of you that don't know, I've been away from the forum for 2 weeks while moving into a new home...

Installation of our Internet service at home was pushed back a few days, so I’m still checking in from work (being monitored though and will have to keep forum time to my lunch hour) so I ask for your indulgence regarding my participation a bit longer.

I got on the scale this morning for the first time in 2 weeks. I lost another 7lbs during the move and unpacking (been working hard!) and am now down 91lbs. Have been totally back in the LCswing of things too, now that I have my kitchen arranged and a routine fairly well fine tuned.

Anyway, happy to be back. Forgive me if it takes me a few days to get to all your journals. Can’t wait to see how everyone is…

...and thanks for the compliments! Blushing....

Donald

P.S. I haven't had a chance to fully navigate around the TDC yet, but szar passed the 100lb mark! Check out his journal and let him know how awesome his accomplishment is. It can happen for all of us!
Attached Images
File Type: gif genieman.gif (66.9 KB, 37 views)
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Aug-15-02, 10:57

Plan: low carb
Stats: 371/262/140 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 47%

hidey ho kids,

thought i would join this little group. there is already one of my favorite people here (miss betty).

it is really wonderful to talk with others who weigh about the same as i do. i am always bombarded with negativty from the outside world who think it is their mission on planet earth to deride and humiliate every fat person alive. i feel normal here.

a week ago, i was in a 7-11 when a man made a rude comment to me. i was hurt, and i tried my best to not let it bother me, but it did. i kept asking myself, why does the negative comment from a stranger hurt me? the answer i came up with was that the rude remark is a judgement on me. it is also a form of rejection. no matter how strong a person you are, rejection, in any form, hurts.

so i met him in the parking lot and beat the snot out of him. okay, okay it was just a fantasy, but i felt justified in wallowing in that piece of negativity.

why is it so difficult for people to see past another's overweight? there are so many wonderful qualities that can be found in people, and yet, being overweight seems to nullify the good aspects of an individual. ho-hum.

through being overweight, i have learned to accept others even when they are not homogenous in appearance. i make no negative remarks regarding what they look like. i believe it has made me a better person. *oh look, i am patting myself on the back* hehehe

thanks for lending your ear or perhaps i should say eyes.

and yes, donald is very attractive. i love dark haired men with blue eyes. to me, pierce brosnan is a perfect specimen of a man. oh, and mel gibson, etc., etc., etc.

tina