Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-02, 22:04

Plan: protein power
Stats: 207.5/202/150
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default just started

Hi fellow losers - and I mean that in a positive way. I lost weight on this program several years, but didn't stick with it and now weight more. I was feeling as though I was no longer in charge of my own life and decided to do something to get that feeling back. I've been great for two weeks, then hit the dreaded plateau. I knew it was coming and was prepared for it. Unfortunately I was not prepared for my Italian mother-in-law to send her fastastic Lasagna home with my husband. So today I took a day off from the diet. I plan to get right back on tomorrow. I'm trying to look at this as a lifetime change. I will eat the things I love again, just not now and no more pig outs. Good Luck to us all.

Judi
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-02, 22:43
Registered Member

Plan: Modified
Stats: 340/311/260 Male 6'5''
BF:
Progress: 36%
Default I hear you

Hey Judi,

Welcome aboard (again)! I am with you on the plateau category. It seems frustrating when you loose, loose, then stall, stall, stall. I have been going at it for 3 weeks now and am down 21 pounds. this is great and I am really proud of the accomplishment but most of that weight loss was in the first bit of the diet. Anyways, we are all human and make "mistakes" but the way i see it it is better to slip up one day out of ten then to live every day and meal like that one. I am convinced that this is the way to live and the further along I get I see it too. Something that I would strongly suggest is making a journal to remind you and to keep a record of things. Feel free to visit mine anytime (CK_Duper's Journal).

Well good luck and keep posting because you can only go so far all alone!!!

CK
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-02, 23:19

BF:

21 pounds in 3 weeks, boy am I impressed. Keep up the good work and don't let these awful but normal plateau's get you down. When you lose so much at once your body needs time to adjust. Hang in there and when you start losing again, you may drop several pounds at once.
You're right. I should journal but am resistant. I'll check it out after vacation.

Judi

P.S. is there a spell checker on this site? I look a lot smarter if I have one to work with.
  #4   ^

BF:

21 pounds in 3 weeks, boy am I impressed. Keep up the good work and don't let these awful but normal plateau's get you down. When you lose so much at once your body needs time to adjust. Hang in there and when you start losing again, you may drop several pounds at once.
You're right. I should journal but am resistant. I'll check it out after vacation.

Judi

P.S. is there a spell checker on this site? I look a lot smarter if I have one to work with.
  #5   ^

BF:

Judi