Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-02, 17:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 358/345/175
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Going to the Doctor

How do you all handle going to a doctor. Not only am I so embarrassed to get weighed, and so afraid their scale wont go up high enough, but I am also afraid he won't like Lo Carb Diet. How do you find a Doctor that understands and encourages Lo Carbing?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-02, 21:20

Plan: atkins
Stats: 270/242/180 Female 5feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%
Smile going to the doc

Hi ,well what I would do is weigh your self at home if you feel that your scale is weighing rite tell the doc that you would rather it be that way and they should respect that ,but i bet that the scale would go high enough.and I think you would be really suprised about your doctor being supportive my doctor was great if he is negative remind him that this is the same diet they tell diabetics to follow .Well let me know and good luck .
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-12-02, 06:22
Registered Member

Stats: 358/345/175
BF:
Progress: 7%

Thanks for your response.......
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-12-02, 13:07

Stats: 278/198/150 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 63%

I understand the problem. My weight has kept me out of the doctor's office for years. You know once I got down to 165 - nearly 100 pounds less than I am now and do you know what the doctor said - he told me that he knew I was proud of losing the wiehgt but I still had a long way to go. I an 5'8 and was wering a size 10! Sometimes doctors just don't understand anything and can be very discouraging. The only thing to do - thich I didn't do back then - is to smile and follow your heart.
Good luck, let us know how it goes.
Catmom