Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-06-02, 12:49
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/BFL training
Stats: 210/206/143
BF:28%/27%/<20%
Progress: 6%
Default Afraid to weigh in...

I started last Saturday and so far so great! No cravings, no headaches (although I have still to give up my morning cup of java). I have tons of energy (stopped napping mid-day), NO appetite ( I literally am having to force myself to eat ever 3-4 hours because my stomach is growling), Ketones show next to darkest purple, and drinking lots of water (3+ quarts).
I weighed in on Monday (cause I didn't get an official weight Saturday and went off the last doctors visit weight). Now I am having anxiety over weighing in this next Monday. I usually am obsessive and weigh in morning and night-but phyched myself up to hold out to once a week so as not to get discouraged (like I usually do).
Maybe I am just not keeping busy enough to keep my mind off of weight-since I am not working right now.
Any suggestions? Any thoughts? Any advice?? HELP!

TYIA

Nan
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-06-02, 14:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/167/167 Female 167cm
BF:45%/25.5%/20%
Progress: 100%

Hi Nan

If you are really worried...then don't get on the scales! You have a start weight which is the main thing, so if you don't feel like getting on the scales then don't...it won't matter

Instead, take your measurements. Lots of them....neck, bust, under bust, waist, upper arm, hips thighs calves...and anything else. Then regularly measure yourself to detect progress...also you will know if it is working when your clothes are getting looser

Just think, if you stay off those scales for a month, what a great surprise you will get

Lesley
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-06-02, 14:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/BFL training
Stats: 210/206/143
BF:28%/27%/<20%
Progress: 6%
Default Thanks Leslee

Great advise-I will do that!

Nan
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-06-02, 15:12

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hi there Nan.......

Sounds like you are doing pretty much everything just right! Good going!! I agree with Lesley....if the scale can cause you anguish, throw it out the window! Let your tape measure.....and your clothing be your indicators.

Wishing you continued success with LCing!

Marlaine
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 10:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 315/283/170 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 22%
Cool

Hi Nan,
I try to weigh myself every month soon after my TOM (when I know those extra couple of pounds will have left me!). If I weighed myself every day I would go crazy. I know that my body fluctuates so much every day that it would just depress me!

Besides, I don't want to think of myself being on a DIET, and, when I am not on a DIET I hardly ever weigh myself. This way I let my clothes inform me that I am still losing - and am happy with a big monthly loss!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 11:41

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 326/280/155 Male 5'6
BF:37
Progress: 27%

also, if you have someone living with you, have them hide the scales and instruct them to only take them out once or twice a month for one weigh-in.