Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-01-02, 17:59
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232/210/170 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:39.5/38.8/25
Progress: 35%
Question Anyone else experience stomach tightening?

By this I mean, not muscle firming up, but the actual stomach shrinking inwards.

The only other time I experienced this was during a 2 week fast - my stomach tightened inwards quite a bit - then when I went back to eating, I ate less & slower . . . otherwise I would have hurt my stomach.

I'm just curious if this is a regular part of ketosis or LCing in general. I consider it to be a great benefit - I'll be able to continue to feel satisfied with less food & feel uncomfortable bulking up on carbs . . . of course, if I were to slip back into high-carb eating, I could force it on my body without much trouble. But if I use it to my advantage, this could end up to be a helpful tool. I've heard about overweight people even having a procedure to sew up part of their stomachs to make them smaller & aid in weight loss!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-02-02, 12:10

Plan: Six week Body Makeover
Stats: 251.4/220.4/135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

Oh, shucks...I was hoping you <u>were</u> talking about tightening up the muscles...my biggest concern right now, other than actually succeeding to lose weight, is that I'm gonna be left w/ this saggy tummy. Hope somebody comes up w/ some good answers on that problem.

I don't think this has to do w/ anything other than physiology. During your fast your stomach was permitted to regain its normal size.

I have noticed at times that if I do not eat more food than I can hold in my two hands, which is about the volume of the stomach, for a goodly period of time I feel pain if I then eat more than that. I think this is normal. Good for you, you recognized it, and even better, you're gonna use it!

I just need to exercise some control and get into that enviable state myself.

btw, what kind of fast did you do? Total? Water? Juice? Do tell!!!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-04-02, 00:30
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232/210/170 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:39.5/38.8/25
Progress: 35%
Smile

Hi,

I've been wondering about what to do with my flabby tummy too! I had a c-section with my son, and since them, things don't look the same

The fasting I did was a loooong time ago, I think I was probably 17 or 18!! (I'm 31 now.) But I didn't eat anything & drank only water - sometimes water with a bit of lemon. I think I made it through two weeks & thought it was pretty cool that I didn't feel hungry after a couple days . . . but I did get a few headaches.

For me, at least, I'm going to stick with fasting from carbs. only for now.