Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 09:23
Registered Member

Plan: atkins diet
Stats: 311/290/200 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 19%
Question Sweating

I FORGOT TO ASK.......HAS ANYONE ELSE BEEN SWEATING LIKE I HAVE? I'LL BE IN MY AIRCONDITIONED HOUSE AND I CLEAN UP A MINUTE AND I'LL BE SWEATING UP A STORM. I WONT EVEN WEAR BASE ANYMORE BECAUSE WHEN I GO OUTSIDE I "MELT". IT IS VERY HOT OUT BUT I DONT SEE ANYONE ELSE DRIPPIN WET. IS IT JUST ME???????????????
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 09:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

If you do a search for "sweating" you may find a thread which I seem to remember seeing. Here's the link.
This way of eating causes ketosis which is "thermogenic" or heat producing. So you may be getting the heat surges as your body learns to deal with the new conditions. Keep drinking the water and taking your supplements to be sure your body has all the resources it needs.

Or it could be the beginning of menopause? (Partially kidding. )

PS: unless you have a special reason for it, could you turn off your CAPITAL LETTERS LOCK? It is considered 'yelling' to post all in capitals, and usually saved for emphasis & emotion.

Last edited by tofi : Tue, Jul-30-02 at 09:44.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 11:56
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 260/230/160 Female 5 ft.  6 in.
BF:
Progress: 30%

Hi Wanabthin,

I know what you mean as I am doing the same thing. Even while sitting and not doing anything I will just start sweating and my clothes will be soaked in minutes. I am not sure what causes it yet but will be doing a lot of reading. I could understand it if the temp. was always hot but like you it happenes in AC places. You are not alone .

Have a great day

aebh
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 12:35

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

wanabthin - nope, you're definately not alone. My dh and I are having wars about the a/c in our house - he doesn't feel the heat like I am this year - although it's extremely humid in Toronto this year and I attribute this to it. I don't know how old you are, but I am 43 and I could be going into early "mentalpause"

I found that even though my house is relatively cool, doing any exerting chores, vacuuming, etc., causing me to turn every shade of red there is. As far as your "base", try a water based base and dab with a bit of powder, you should be okay. That's one thing I can't go without.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 13:42

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

This is a sign of your body in ketosis...its that thermogenic response and along with the other signs - bad taste in mouth, breath, urine smell...is the indicators of your body working its full potential to burn that fat.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 18:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/210/180
BF:34/34/22
Progress: 25%
Smile

I am in my 3rd day of the Atkin's Diet and I had a bad episode of sweating and "hot flashes". No I am not in menopause. This feeling lasted for approx. 2 hours and I thought I was going to pass out. I feel great right now, and I am hoping that all that heat burned off a couple of pounds of fat!!!!

Suzie
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 20:33

Plan: My own low carb plan
Stats: 184/142/130 Female 5'6
BF:29%/20%/16%
Progress: 78%

hi,

I too am sweating like i have never sweated before. I used to play a 2 hour game of soccer and not sweat a bead now i do cardio and i am yucky soaked. I am drinking tons of water which may have a lot to do with it seeing as i hardly drank any before.

Danyele