Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 04:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/206/135
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Having an incredible lack of appetite!

I drink throughout the day but eating has become a chore. I try to eat the many small meals and that almost extends me beyond comfort. Anyone else?

I also feel lighter, tighter and am slowly becoming more energetic. A head cold recently came and went within two days. I think I like this WOE!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 08:50

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 326/280/155 Male 5'6
BF:37
Progress: 27%

Just be careful because your lack of calories will turn into your lack of weightloss.

Just consume a couple of cheese sticks of Slim Jims..they dont take much to eat plus they have a good amount of calories.

A lack of caloric intake will stall you...just be careful
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 08:57

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

I would not recommend anyone eating "slim jims". Those things are loaded with carbs and salt! I remember buying a couple of them and eating one only to look at the label and freaked out. I threw the rest of them out.

Better solution would be adding butter, mayo or olive oil to foods. Each tablespoon has around 100 calories or more. You can use olive oil and vinegar on salads, saute meats or veggies in it as well.

#4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 09:26

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Losing your appetite is normal when you start LCing. Be sure you keep your calories reasonalbe (10x bodyweight is a good number to aim for) and rest assured that this doesn't last - once you're feeling more energetic and become more active your appetite will return.

Nat
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 09:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 150/120/120
BF:
Thumbs up I pig out on Slim Jims, Beef Jerky and

string cheese sticks and I still lose like crazy. It must be different for some people.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 10:41

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Default Re: I pig out on Slim Jims, Beef Jerky and

Quote:
Originally posted by Sydneynoel
string cheese sticks and I still lose like crazy. It must be different for some people.

It is - and it's still not something you'll find too many people recommending. There are known stallers, and nitrates and sodium are two of the biggies. The more processed a food the less LC it is.

Nat
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Aug-03-02, 16:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 159/145/135
BF:
Progress: 58%

Yes, try to stay from (most??) processed foods, they could be packed with carbs... Remember to eat enough, or your body could feel dizzy, and sick. Anyway keep up the great work.

SooCee
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Aug-03-02, 20:58

Plan: low carb
Stats: 146/132/130
BF:
Progress: 88%

Sassafrass Enjoy the days when you are without an appetite, for in a week or so, the opposite is sure to occur. I don't believe in artificially inflating calories any more than I believe in lowering them... the way I used to back in the days when I starved myself. Listen to your body. When I go through hunger-loss, I wait it out naturally without force-feeding myself. I end up not only coming back to eating delicious, healthy, low carb/ high protein meals, but I find I discover my body's natural eating rhythm.

Main Entry: ap·pe·tite
Pronunciation: 'a-p&-"tIt
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English apetit, from Middle French, from Latin appetitus, from appetere to strive after, from ad- + petere to go to —more at FEATHER
Date: 14th century
1 : any of the instinctive desires necessary to keep up organic life; especially : the desire to eat

Last edited by Twiggy : Sat, Aug-03-02 at 21:11.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Aug-03-02, 23:32

Plan: Atkins,PP
Stats: 202/147/120
BF:
Progress: 67%

i think keep mainly to natural foods is the best for LCing.

cheese may not move the scale beneath me, but i still do feel my arms skin tightening.

slim jim, i dont really like the taste.....

occasionally i will have some popcorns, artificially sweetened orange drink....

waiting for my skin to continue tightening again after some indulgence last wk...

my appetite has also been reduced slowly.....yday there was an unfinished fish dish waiting for me...for supper. ended up i could not finish the dish......very very full.