Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-25-02, 18:32

Plan: Atkins KISS
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default My mother's secret

I picture my mom and I see her. Sitting and eating nuts and cheese. For snacks, for meals. Frankly, I've rarely seen her eat much else. She is 5' tall and can't maintain 100 pounds...little tiny thing all her life. I've watched her eat for years, nuts and cheese, more nuts and cheese. Never large amounts, just many small handfuls throughout the day. She never "dieted", never needed to.
Now I know that she was low carbing without even knowing it. All her life. My mother always had glistening shining healthy hair and skin and nails, never a weight problem, rarely hungry and just found out that all that calcium from cheese helped her have perfect bone density at 75 years old now and all the monounsaturated fats from the nuts has kept her cholesterol level perfect all these years. She is not overweight, hungry and all that fat has kept her skin supple and soft.
Now I know what she did not know. Low carb eating is wonderful and helps make us beautiful! My mom does not know I low carb...and she still doesn't know that she has eaten low carb all her life. In the past 4 years I've lost 20 pounds. I used to sit and eat low fat, high carb and was miserable...watching year after year, my mother - eating her nuts and cheese - complaining about how they just don't make jeans small enough for her. Not anymore. Last time I was home we BOTH sat on the front porch and ENJOYED our nuts and cheese. And we both wear the same sized jeans now, love our beautiful skin, shining hair and feel healthy, sane and happy.
Eat what you like. Live happy.

(count your carbs of course with the nuts and cheese, however, a little will fill you right up - eat slowly, eat luxuriously and LIVE!)