Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-20-02, 05:39

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 315.5/189.8/170 Female 5 ft  8.5 in
BF:
Progress: 86%
Default To Brycielan

I also am a tried and failed Atkins person....not only that, I tried it twice, and failed just as miserably the second time. Schwarzbein definitely seems to be more of what I need to be happy in a weight loss program, too!

Leave it to the media to feature all those hamburger and French Fries on the show. I am constantly amazed how they can miss the point entirely sometimes and I was disappointed that the show seemed to give all the recognition to Atkins. It would have had a chance of being more credible if they had interviewed more people who already were successfully living the LC life.

I missed the Dateline show last week. I wish I had known about it. There was also a short segment on CBS last night before 20/20 that I stumbled upon mid way through the show. I wished I would have known about it so that I could have seen it from the beginning,

I hope you are able to convince your sister to try tSP. I noticed that you started your "road to becoming healthy" the day after I did this past week and are also happy with it so far. Atkins was just too restrictive for me, at least with tSP I can have some of the fruit I love so much. My own sister lives in Phoenix and has been a on-again-off again Atkins person, too. I have not discussed tSP with her yet, but plan to.

Thanks for your reply.
Linda
Sponsored Links