Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jun-01-02, 16:06
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 170/150/145 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 80%
Question pilates?

I am not good at finding time to exercise. There I said it. My husband and I even belong to a gym where the more we go the cheaper it is (his company pays more the more we go).

I have been thinking about either taking the pilates class once a week to start at the gym, or getting a video like The Method and trying to do it at home more.

Has anyone tried pilates? What did you think?

Thanks!!

Shelley
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jun-01-02, 17:53

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

wow, if you have cheap access to pilates (which can be darned spendy), go for it! It's a nice combination of strength, flexibility and cardio. If you can get a couple of walks in besides that to begin, that'd be great too.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 11:25
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 148/147/125 Female 5' 8
BF:
Progress: 4%

HI~
I just bought Windsor pilates off the internet.. she is the one that trains all the stars .. Any how it was like $40 for 3 tapes .. I haven't recieved it yet, but a freind of mine did pilates twice a week and that s ALL she did , no diet or anything .. and lost like 10 pounds last semster .. I figure it will be much more easier for me to find time to do it around the house whenever I want that to drive to a gym and wait for a class to start
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 12:20
Registered Member

BF:

I went to Target yesterday and bought The Method pilates tape and a belly dancing tape. I haven't had a chance to try either yet but I can't wait... Hopefully this afternoon.

I'll let you know what I think.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 17:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 171/152/140
BF:
Progress: 61%
Default re:pilates

I started pilates about a month ago at my local Gold's Gym. It is a great toning workout. My obliques started taking shape only after 2 weeks of class - something I could never get with my regular ab workout.

My only recommendation? Take the class at the gym a couple of times before you start on just the tape. The key to pilates is form and it help to have an instructor spotting your mistakes.

Have fun!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 18:49
Registered Member

BF:
Cool

Good idea!! I've heard the pilates class is fun here.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-02, 21:32
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 246/196/139
BF:
Progress: 47%

shexland, Too funy I was in target the other day & I bought abook on pilates "the pilates body" by Brooke Sisler And the belly dancing tape! I thought belly dancing would be fun and may come in handy in the romance department,a multi-purpose tape
Let me know what you think of the work out .I haven't done it yet!

heathbme
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jul-05-02, 18:49
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 169/114/120
BF:
Progress:
Default pilates

I just got the winsor pilates tape, i have done it 2 days in a row, i love it because is very low impact, (i am very lazy) plus is not boring at all reminds me a lot of my ballet classes when i was younger, i hope it wortks, i think it will because i can feel every single muscle in my body once i am done, if it works i am sold, i did tae-bo for a while and found it a little to cardio, i want to tone i think this will do it, i will keep you posted of my results.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jul-16-02, 20:07

Plan: The Primal Blueprint
Stats: 148/119/120 Female 66 inches
BF:29%/14/12%
Progress: 104%
Talking Pilates!

I started taking Pilates about the same time as I started The Zone. I had just had my 2nd baby, and at first I couldn't even do half the exercises because my abs were so weak. Now my stomach is flatter than it was before having kids! I like going to a class to have the instructor help me with form and to do a new workout each time. I am considering getting a DVD for those days I can't make it to the gym. I will try to attach a picture of my abs.

Jen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg abs.jpg (4.4 KB, 235 views)

Last edited by caverjen : Tue, Jul-16-02 at 20:50.