Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#346   ^
Old Mon, Jul-01-02, 12:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/182/170 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 78%

Good afternoon and Happy Beginning of the Week to everyone! Yay! I'm done with my son's birthday parties!!! I am so much happier! His kid party turned out better than I had anticipated. I was getting worried that no one would show up!

Hope everyone is okay. Things are very quiet in here!

I am gearing up to take my daughter to camp in a couple of weeks, so we're running around a lot here. It is about 95 degrees, so I did my weights and cardio this morning and I am so happy! I hate getting up in the morning, but I hate getting my butt up at 1:00 in the afternoon when it's so hot even more! At least there's less butt to move now either way....

See everyone later! I gotta go! Amber
Sponsored Links
  #347   ^
Old Wed, Jul-10-02, 14:31

BF:
Default HellllLLLLLllloOoooOOOOOoooo!

Is there anybody out there?

I can hear the rustle of leaves and the whistling of wind........

Well, I hope everyone is still hanging on to their losses. I haven't weighed this week, so I'm not sure where I am.

See you all later! Amber
  #348   ^
Old Sat, Jul-13-02, 16:13

Plan: Atkins- post pregnancy
Stats: 174/127/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

Yea, I'm still here. Been busy with the garden and kids. Weight still the same. The only thing that has changed is I added walking to my routine. Or atleast I hope it turns into a routine. I go with my daughter, who's 9yrs. and I let my 5 yr old ride in the stroller for half the time. He's a very small 5 yr. old. Only weighs 35lbs.

Anyway, hope you all are doing well and not eating too much of those incredible summer fruits!

Later,
Heather
  #349   ^
Old Mon, Jul-15-02, 08:34

BF:

Hey Heather! I just switched my exercise routine around too. I am going to try all weights for five days instead of my half cardio/half weights. I'll get some cardio at another time by biking. Good luck with your extra walking!

I just dropped my daughter (10 yo) off at camp for a week. She took her best friend this year and they didn't look back after taking off to look around! This is her second year. Her friend went to a camp about 25 minutes from here last year. This one is 140 miles and two states away. I was afraid she might be a little sad, but she just took right off. Her mom was a bit taken aback by that, but she was very happy for her.

It'll be strange not having my oldest around for a week. Well, see you all later.

Oh, I lost a couple more pounds, so was 164 last Thursday. My TOM is nigh, so the bloating has started!

Amber
  #350   ^
Old Mon, Jul-15-02, 10:47

BF:

Amber,
Congrats on the pounds lost! I've been the same FOREVER no matter what I do. I can pork out and eat all the No- No's and maybe gain some water weight but in a day or two if I did gain anything, it's gone. On the other hand I can exercise and be a model Atkins eater and loose NOTHING. I really haven't lost any significant weight for 9 mos. now. It all came off rather quickly in the beginning and only a few here and there. I know I should be happy about that which I am but I feel like I have a long way to go.

About sending your 10 yr old off to camp for a week. You are a much braver woman than I. I could never do that. I still go in and check that the kids are breathing before I go to bed at night. A touch of obsessive compulsive disorder. LOL

Take care,
Heather
  #351   ^
Old Tue, Jul-16-02, 19:13

BF:

Hi all!

Heather, I'm hoping that I'll just keep sliding right along down the weight pole, but I know I'll have some stalls. I hope your last few come off, you certainly deserve it after waiting for 9 months!

As for the camp thing, I had to just knuckle down and send the money in before I changed my mind! I grilled her on situations all the way there. You know, "O.K., if a single person comes up to you and tells you your group is playing a game beyond the trees and to come with him/her, what do you do?" It's sad that it has to be done, but even at Christian Camp, you have to be vigilant. It also helps that it is the camp I went to as a kid. The couple in charge of running it is the same couple that oversaw my trips when I went with my church. Very convenient!

Anyway, today I had my screaming niece and had two cars break down on me, one of which we got yesterday to see if we wanted to buy it. Guess what our answer is? It is a 94 Ford Taurus station wagon. Beautiful car, but our mechanic says we need to back away sloooowly from the Fords. Right now we have an 87 Ford Aerostar that has been the bane of my existence! I just want a car that won't stop in the middle of the road! I don't ask for much. Air, heat, radio, enough seats for 5 people. Room for groceries. Oh well, I'll find it some day!

Gotta go and put the youngest to bed. Amber
  #352   ^
Old Sat, Jul-20-02, 08:37

BF:

Hello to all that is here. If anybody is here. You're all so quiet lately.

Amber, I know you're here. Sorry to hear about your car troubles. I have always been pretty lucky with my cars. Atleast nothing has ever gone terribly wrong until they were paid for. KNOCK ON WOOD!!! On the other hand, my pool! It has been driving me nuts!!! We went away for a week, left the filter on, double shocked it, and it was still a mess when we got back! I was ready to close it down! I would go to the pool place, have an analysis done, spend a coulple HUNDRED DOLLARS, and have it turn GREEN!!! I couldn't believe it!!! My pool lady recommended floc (which I asked about before I spent all that money) and it WORKED!!! I don't know if it would have worked before all the added extra chemicals or not but I would have liked to give it a try.

Anyway, so how are you doing with your weight? I'm still stuck! I know something is changing, I can feel it! Sounds weird, I know, but I feel like I am actually accomplishing something as of late. I restarted last Wednesday with eating and exercising. I'm doing things a bit differently and just feel like this WILL pay off. Usually I would psych myself up and if I didn't loose or see some sort of change, I would give in to some craving or just eat too many good carbs. Maybe my endorphins are running high and giving me an extra mental boost. Maybe it's my body's time to start loosing again. GOOSH! I hope so!!! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Later,
Heather
  #353   ^
Old Sun, Jul-21-02, 17:47

BF:

Hey Heather! You sure are doing fantastic! I can't wait to be 147! I'm hoping to get to 140 by our family vacation in the end of September. I know what you mean about the feeling of weight loss. Several times I've gone to weigh myself KNOWING that I've lost weight because I feel a lightness or somewhere on my body is an area that is thinner. It's wierd, for so long I wanted nothing to do with my body, and now, I'm very in tune!

About the pool, my parents finally took theirs down because they were sick of trying to take care of it and having the cure not work! I'm glad yours is back to normal! You need it in the heat! Anyway, have a good rest of the weekend and stay on target! We'll get to our goals really soon, I know!

Amber

P.S. I started TOM a few days ago, but a day before, I was 161, so send a prayer to help me keep it off!
  #354   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 12:23

BF:

Hello to anyone who happens to read this!

Hey Amber,
Not much new here. I finally bought a tape measure. I left my other one at my Grandma's house when I went to PA. Only problem is now I'm afraid to use it. What if there's no change? What if it's all in my head? I just couldn't bear there to be NO change there either!

That's great news about not having a water weight gain! Maybe it's actually a loss and it'll show after TOM is gone! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and say a prayer. I plan on having a serious talk with St. Anthony tonight( St. of miracles). I hope I don't need a miracle to show a loss of inches, but it couldn't hurt.
I bought this sexy, flirty dress for my cousins wedding and if something doesn't change somewhere, I don't know if I'll have the guts to wear it. Hubby says it looks great, I just don't know though. Oh well, maybe I'll try it on again tomorrow too.

Later,
Heather
  #355   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-02, 09:00

BF:

Hi Heather! I'd say, even if the tape shows no loss of inches in the main parts, you could've lost it elsewhere! I usually measure upper arms, chest, breast, waist, thighs, upper leg, but last time, I also measured my neck and calf muscles and then measures again and I lost there! It's weird the places you lose! You're only 7 pounds from you goal! Just remember that you'll keep it off much better if you lose it slowly. I know it's a pain, it would drive me crazy, but I just remember how far I've come and if I were still in my deluded low fat state, I'd be about 240 lbs. by now!

If you dh says you look great, I'd take it as gospel truth! It has taken me a while to get used to compliments because I remember what I looked like at 130 lbs. Much better than I do now. But I met my dh when I was 140, and he's seen me at 224, so seeing me objectively at 161, he can say I look great. I will just feel much better when it's ALL off! Like, yesterday!

Anyway, I am hoping the woosh fairy knows we're here and will come visit! We've been good!

I hope the others come on in soon. I don't know where everyone else went!

Good luck on the measurements and let me know how it goes! And promise me that you will not go out in a funk if there's no change! We are so close!!

Amber
  #356   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-02, 14:13

BF:

Hey Amber,
Quote:
I'd say, even if the tape shows no loss of inches in the main parts, you could've lost it elsewhere!
This is true! But I was feeling slim in the areas I usually measure. I say was cuz I've been really bloated the past couple days. I'm ovulating and I always seem to hold water for a couple days this time of month too! It's like a double whammy! Thank gosh it wasn't always like this, or I would have never gotten pregnant with my first two. On the other hand, even though we play safe, it's an extra warning. I'm in nursing school now and have no time for accidents!
Quote:
Good luck on the measurements and let me know how it goes! And promise me that you will not go out in a funk if there's no change! We are so close!!

Don't worry, I can't go in a funk, this wedding is too close! Then after the wedding I start school and that will keep me true for a while. Then I have fall break in Oct. thinking maybe of going up North again. Would love for a real difference in appearance.
Oh, the funniest thing today. I took the kids to a new dentist today. A very nice lady, in her late 30's or early 40's. She thought I was thier older sister and NOT thier mother. My kids are 9 and 5 and I am 29y/o. So it's not like I was a teenage mother. So, she must think I look young. I know I'm only 29 but I'll tell ya, sometimes I feel like I look so old!
Quote:
If you dh says you look great, I'd take it as gospel truth!
I might be able to take it as the truth if he didn't also have to eat low carb. I never know if he's for real or just wants pizza for dinner. He doesn't really think I need to loose any more weight, he thinks I look good the way I am. I on the other hand, I think I still have a big ol butt and need to loose MORE weight! Atleast he thinks I look good. That's important.
I gotta go clean something or spray something around the house to make it smell like I cleaned something! A trick my mother taught me! LOL

Later,
Heather
  #357   ^
Old Fri, Jul-26-02, 12:04

BF:
Default LOL I do the same thing!

I use an orange disinfectant or my lysol can and clean the bathroom sink or something! If I keep my eyes closed, I won't see the pile of laundry in the bedroom and the pile of dishes in the kitchen! Although, I had my kids help clean the living room and my oldest daughter did the dishes today. But sometimes pulling teeth would be easier! I should know, I was a dental assistant!

Anyway, I've been between 161 and 163 the last 2 weeks. I'm tightening the reins on carbs. I cheated last Saturday and have had a few caffeinated and aspartamed drinks. No more for quite a while! I also picked up Carb Solutions drink mix. It's perfect for a meal and it's never stalled me. Two grams of carb and vanilla flavor. Yum! Next will be chocolate!

Hope we change our weight profiles soon! Hope you have a good weekend!

Amber
  #358   ^
Old Fri, Jul-26-02, 14:28

BF:

Quote:
Hope we change our weight profiles soon!

I know, with all the hard work I've been doing this is really getting old! Although I am seeing a difference in my legs and I actually have abs! Now granted I have to stand a certain way and the light has to shine just right, but they are there !LOL

I love carb solutions! I get the big thing of powder. I only started getting it cause Walmart stopped carrying the other protein powder I used to use. This is so much better! I love the chocolate. It's 4 grams but 2 of them are fiber so technically 2 grams of carbs. I drink 2 of them a day. It's the only thing I can eat in the morning and I eat small meals so it works great!

Funny, I made my kids clean up today too. My son had to clean his legos, if you only knew how hard it is for him to clean up his toys! I made my daughter vacuum. She said she likes to do it. GEE... guess she'll be doing it more often now!

Well, I really have to go clean the stove.
Talk later,
Heather
  #359   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-02, 12:15

BF:

I experimented on myself this weekend and have come to the conclusion that I stay stay above 15 grams of carbs a day. I had coffee and sausage in the morning on Sat., then a carb solutions drink for lunch and in the afternoon, I was not hungry at all, but every time I got up, I almost fainted! I had good fat and calories, but I just must've taken my body too low on the carbs. I am at 12 by now (just after lunch) and feel much better! I want to kickstart, but I don't want to pass out!

I can't wait until weigh in! I have then thin feeling again. Hope your Monday goes smoothly!

Amber
  #360   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-02, 05:52

Plan: atkins
Stats: 179.6/179.6/144 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking Alright girls I know your out there

I have made it into the 140's and I'm so proud of myself I could just burst. Although I don't have 50 pounds to loose, I feel that I have had to struggle to get this way of eating as part of my life. I had to eliminated alot of "addictive foods", I had to make sure that I included variety so I would continue lcarbing and I have had to realize that eating all those carbs makes me sick, tired and cranky. Tested that one out for a while this summer, why did I do this?
So who else is out there and wants to jion me? If the 140's is like the 150's I'll be in this range for a long time before I see the 130's.
I'm willing to support anyone that needs it. I know what it is like to sit on a number a long time and what it is like to get on the scales and see it has gone up 3 lbs over night without a cheat.
Let's get this thread moving. Heather, Amber are you still out there?
Jo-Ann