Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-08-02, 13:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 246/221/200 Male 6'0"
BF:27%/25%/12%
Progress: 54%
Question Wings? Hmmmm...

Okay - Let me start off by apologizing for anybody's delicate sensibilities in here, but I need to ask a question about most women's LEAST favorite place to eat... HOOTERS!

Okay - so once in a while we like to go and get wings from Hooters. But I know that all of that breading is not good for you, especially if you are low-carbing it. So I ordered mine "naked" which means no breading.

Question: Is there anywhere that I can find nutritional information on that sort of food? I know that there were no carbs in the chicken, but there could be a few in the sauce.

Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-08-02, 13:59

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 171/135/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 116%
Thumbs up Love Hooters!!!!!!!!!

Okay - Let me start off by apologizing for anybody's delicate sensibilities in here, but I need to ask a question about most women's LEAST favorite place to eat... HOOTERS!

Not my least favorite place to eat matter of fact I love it...Hooter's wings with Bleu Cheese dip...Yum Yum...I order mine with no sauce and dip in the dressing....Ranch dressing is great as well...check out Motorcycle Mania thread ...you'll see bikers are wing connoseurs seriously if you order them naked so to speak and use the dressing I suggested keeps the carb count down...

Am attaching pic of Hooters in Daytona....

Bonnie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hooters girls.jpg (18.8 KB, 228 views)
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-08-02, 14:49

Default Wooo Hoooo!

Well it's good to see that Hooters isn't bastardized EVERYWHERE. My wife and I really enjoy eating there. But we catch a lot of grief from others for it. Go figure. =)

#4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-08-02, 15:02

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

My coworkers son is a chef for one of the Hooters, so we get wings in the office all the time, I must say they are the second best around.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jul-08-02, 15:09
Contributing Member

Plan: lowcarb .
Stats: 160/141/127 Female 5'6"
BF:it"s for SALE!
Progress: 58%

We don't have a Hooters here...but we do have "wings wednesday"...and we try to make it this as much as possible with our friends. If I'm in the mode for dipping I usually ask for dill dip or sour cream. I love the lemon pepper,plain, garlic and the greek. None of these have sugar, flour or cornstarch...just spices.

yummmmm
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jul-08-02, 15:28

Default International Good Will

Perhaps I'll have to "wing" some hooters food to you up there in Canada.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jul-08-02, 16:07

BF:
Default RE; Hooter's Wings Clone Recipe

Hooter'sŪ Buffalo Wings

Serves : 4
Prep. Time : 1:50

1 cup flour ) possibily substitute with a LC flour if you like breading
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. paprika
20 chicken wings or drummlets
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup hot sauce
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. garlic powder

-Combine flour, salt, cayenne pepper, and paprika in bowl.
-Coat chicken pieces in dry mixture. Reserve leftover mixture.
-Refrigerate coated chicken at least 1 hour.
-Coat chicken in leftover flour mixture.
-In a saucepan, heat butter, hot sauce, pepper, and garlic powder just until butter melts, then keep warm.
-Deep fry chicken, 10 pieces at a time, in 375 degree oil for 13 minutes.
-Drain chicken on paper towels.
-Immediately place chicken in Tupperware bowl. Pour half the hot sauce mixture over chicken (first 10 pieces). Cover and toss to coat.
-Repeat with second batch of chicken.
-Wings can be frozen and reheated in 400 degree oven for 10 minutes.

NOTES : Use ranch or blue cheese dressing as a dip for these fabulous wings.

(10) VISITOR COMMENTS: "Hooters uses Frank's RED HOT" | "I've used this reciep and it is the closest to hooters as you're going to get. I have started using an egg wash on my wings before putting them in the flour. no wait time to fry them that way and it leaveas a nice coating on the wings." | "Hooters Wings worked pretty good but still did not have the thick breading that the original has. Tried another batch with more flour and dredging the wings several more times but it really did make much of a difference." | "SUPERBOWL PARTY - FANTASTIC! I used FRANK'S Original RED-HOT sauce... FANTASTIC! " | "I made these wings last weekend and passed it on to a coworker who made them also! These are the best wings ever! Very Crispy, everyone loved them! Thanks for the recipe" | "These were great! It would be nice to have variations to match the heat you want. (mild, hot, 3 mile island and bentleys)" | "This was excellent. I took my time with it, added a few "other" ingredients (Mexican seasoning, crushed red peppers, chili powder) and used Cholula for hot sauce - fantastic! Best wings recipe out there! " | "I send you my compliments on these wings.I have tried many of recipes and this is the one I am staying with my family loved them. thank you" | "I have to drive over an hour to get to my nearest Hooters! I will probably never see a Hooters restaurant again. This recipe is as good as the real thing." | "I used a mixture of 1/4 cup tabasco and 1/4 cup louisiana hoy sauce and it is the best of all that I have found."
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jul-08-02, 16:11

BF:
Default RE: Bleu Cheese Dip

Bleu Cheese Dip

2 Cups Cottage Cheese
4 oz. Bleu Cheese (crumbled)
Mix on high in food processor or blender
and add
1 Cup Sour Cream
1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
Dash of Garlic Salt

Mix all ingredients well. Chill several hours or overnight. Serve with veggies or wings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jul-08-02, 16:15

BF:
Default Re: Ranch Dressing

Ranch Dressing

3/4 c mayonnaise or salad dressing
1/2 c buttermilk or sour milk
1 tsp. dried parsley
1 clove garlic crushed
1/2 tsp. salt
Mix all ingredients & allow flavors to blend before serving
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jul-08-02, 16:55
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 287/198/135
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default Had Hooters Wings for dinner!

I like to cook so I bought the sauce at the local Giant and made them at home, no breading, just the sauce. The Hooters Wing Sauce- hot vs. mild -has NO carbs in it. Yes! In case this doesn't make sense, we had the "hot" sauce and it had no carbs in it.

I absolutely love wings, the hotter the better. My favorite place is a place called Cluck-U-Chicken but they're breaded. Heaven knows they are HOT though. I think we get either the "thermo-nuclear" because there's an extra charge for the 911 variety and I'm terminally cheap about what seems like a stupid reason to charge more.

So enjoy your wings! Eat up!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jul-08-02, 17:43
Contributing Member

Plan: lowcarb .
Stats: 160/141/127 Female 5'6"
BF:it"s for SALE!
Progress: 58%

[QUOTE]Perhaps I'll have to "wing" some hooters food to you up there in Canada. [/QUOTE ]

Rhollmer..lmao...

We do have Hooters in canada...just not in my location..LOL

cin
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jul-08-02, 18:06

BF:
Thumbs up RE: Hooter's Wings

Nothing hubby would like better than to start a franchise here in my hometown think our profit margin would be pretty slim though as the profit would be literally eaten up seems to think that with us being situated in a university town that there would be ample staff to chose from we also have a large MC contingent and wings and bikers are synonomous know if I gave the green light he would jump on the bandwagon this forum is just a fountain of info... who knew the sauces were carb free I personally can't take too much spicy food so I think I'll stick with the Bleu Cheese Dip but thanks one low carb for posting this info...

Bonnie
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 11:28
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 287/198/135
BF:
Progress: 59%
Thumbs up Wings & More Wings

I had wings for lunch today, I think it's not possible to get too many wings (I believe they were "atomic wings". Having a bad day (see my journal) but wings help it be a bit better. We won't discuss that dingbat of a waitress we had. BUT, I have a meeting in 30 minutes and will also make my contribution to the megamillions lottery fund. I'm such a charitable person, huh?
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 13:52
Registered Member

Plan: Shark Cycle Plan
Stats: 410/323/250
BF:
Default Re: Had Hooters Wings for dinner!

Quote:
Originally posted by OneLowCarb
[B]I absolutely love wings, the hotter the better. My favorite place is a place called Cluck-U-Chicken but they're breaded. Heaven knows they are HOT though. I think we get either the "thermo-nuclear" because there's an extra charge for the 911 variety and I'm terminally cheap about what seems like a stupid reason to charge more.

iF you really want HOT wings I would get a bottle of Dave's Insanity sauce. I'm the kind of guy who orders everything extra spicy and pretty regularly eats jalapeno, habanero, and chinese red peppers raw...........and this Dave's stuff had me crying like a little girl

This stuff is AMAZINGLY hot, it actually warns you on the bottle you should only use it 1 drop at a time, and they ain't kidding
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 13:58
Registered Member

Plan: Shark Cycle Plan
Stats: 410/323/250
BF:

Here it is........not for the faint of heart
Attached Images
File Type: jpg insanitysauce2.jpg (4.5 KB, 140 views)