Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-06-02, 11:00

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%
Default 4 weeks - How to use it?

Ok, I have 4 and a half weeks until a big-time social event, and I want to get as close to drop-dead gorgeous as I can. For me, this means dropping fat! I've got a pretty decent LBM going - 131 lbs and I'm 5' 7" - but it's had to see because I'm still carrying so much fat.

Is there anything I can do to accellerate the fat loss over the next 4 weeks? I absolutely don't want to lose any muscle, but how would I go about it if I just wanted to maintain for 4 weeks and blast away the fat? Is that smart? Is it even possible?

Thanks,

Friday
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-06-02, 18:01

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Default If it were an all out blitz?

If I (note ... I SAID I) had that very short goal to go up against, here's what I would do:

(1) Run a CKD at 12 x bodyweight for the first two weeks. Keep daily tabs on your temperature first thing in the AM. This is a must.
At week 3 drop to 11 x bodyweight.

(2) Start an EC stack, assuming it is safe for you to do so. Read the labels. Check with your physician if you aren't sure.

(3) Morning cardio everyday, except weekends. Start with your normal cadio duration for week 1, and add 10 minutes to each workout in weeks 2, 3, and 4.

(4) Weight training as per normal CKD guidelines. DON'T SKIP.

(5) At week 3, shift from an EC stack to something with a few more bells and whistles, like Hollywood Cuts or TriCuts II.

(6) Personally, if I were THAT against the wall, I would add in a supplement like Biotest T2 at week 3, but that's just me.

Since you are on such a time-frame, there in no room for cheating on the diet, and no room for missed workouts. Play it to the hilt. You have a very specific goal in mind, so it's gonna take a very specific plan.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-06-02, 20:03

BF:

Dan,

Thank you very, very much. I know you've been extremely busy with the move, the book, life etc. and I appreciate you taking the time you do to answer individual questions. This board, and this forum in particular, have been such great sources of information and motivation for me. I could easily have given up without you guys.

I'm already on Tri Cuts II plus caffiene, and I cycled off guggulsterones about 4 weeks ago. Let me look at what you said in more detail and make the mental adjustments to my schedule. The AM cardio is going to be a bear and a half, but sometimes you just hold your nose and DO it.

My only possible questions is, with my BF still as high as it is, 12x then 11x cals? This is probably holdover thinking from low-cal, but I had thought I should *lower* cals to maybe 9x or 10x? I am not at all trying to undermine your program, I just want to make sure I understand it *exactly*. (I'm female, and I thought I read we should stay in the lower end of the calorie range.)

Also - if you want, if it would help you in ANY way (book fodder?), I will follow the program EXACTLY, keep daily records and stats, pics if you want em, and email you when I'm done.

Cheers!

Friday

Last edited by fridayeyes : Sat, Jul-06-02 at 20:11.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jul-07-02, 17:03
Registered Member

Plan: Modified 'BODYOPUS'
Stats: 238/212/200
BF:22%/11%/7%
Progress: 68%
Cool

My advice was not asked for- but here goes: DO NOT- lower your calories to x9 or x10 (your bodyweight). This will most likely make your metabolic-rate slow down in a hurry. With the amount of cardio you'll be doing along with calories x12- you should be set. I cannot emphasize this enough- the last thing you want to do (in this scenario) is to lower your metabolic-rate and hit a 'plateau' in a hurry. Just my 2 cents.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jul-07-02, 17:09

BF:

Hiya, Zeus!

Thanks for chiming in. I didn't ask for anyone's advice in particular, and yours is just as welcome as Dan's. I appreciate hearing a repeat on the calories issue. Unlearning old stuff is often harder than learning new.

I'll let you guys know how it goes. Should be a bang up end to my first run of CKD.

Cheers,

Friday
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jul-08-02, 09:23

BF:

Any reason not to start the T2 now?

FYI, my temps run in the low to mid-96 range on waking, usu don't break 98 during the day.

Thanks!

Friday
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jul-08-02, 10:37
Registered Member

Plan: Modified 'BODYOPUS'
Stats: 238/212/200
BF:22%/11%/7%
Progress: 68%
Lightbulb

I say hop on the 'T2' a.s.a.p. ...out of curiosity- what formula are you using: 'T2' or 'T2-PRO'? Anyways, tell me how the 'T2' works out for you (I'm a little hesitant to purchase 'Biotest' products).
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jul-08-02, 21:17
Registered Member

Plan: B/O & ULTIMATE DIET
Stats: 205/185/180
BF:10%
Progress: 80%

They are right. Just to throw in my two cents. Sometimes its comforting to here it from a few sources. The Just be careful with the cardio thing. Its such a double edge sword...
GOOD LUCK!!!! Keep us posted.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 04:23

Default why

The calorie things was well-covered by Zeus.

As for the T2, it's there to bring levels back up once she downgrades from the EC stack .... But, since she is already on a stack, yes, I suggest getting on it now.

The cardio normally is a concern, but she SAID she has only 4 weeks. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Biotest's T2 is legit, but that is the only product I can vouch for.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 06:50

BF:

Thanks, all!

I've got all my print-outs and am doing this SO by the book. I confess, tho, that I've had to take to adding oil to my shakes to get the fat ratio where it needs to be. :P The T2 should arrive by the end of the week.

Cheers!

Friday
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jul-11-02, 07:12

BF:

Hi, all!

Short update: waist is down 1/2 inch, thigh is down 1/4, everything else unchanged.

Weight - never really lost the upward bounce from the carb-up/TOM this week. Not too worried, tho, since inches came off.

Temps: woke up to 97.0 Woo hoo! Something is working!

Cheers,

Friday
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jul-11-02, 09:04

Default good stuff!

Glad to hear it Friday! Keep up the good work ...
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Jul-11-02, 21:08
Registered Member

Plan: B/O & ULTIMATE DIET
Stats: 205/185/180
BF:10%
Progress: 80%

I just started taking T2 last week. I am also throwing Phen Free into the mix. 9 capsules 3 times per day for four days (thur., fri, sat, sun..) I'll be using ECA on mon, Tues, Weds. Figured this would prevent any down regulation and keep my body guessing..
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Jul-13-02, 10:55

BF:
Default Supplement check?

Dan, I bow at your feet! (And believe me, I got the bill for that leg WO and bowing ain't easy! LOL)

Since July 1, I have lost 2% BF, 2.25 inches off my waist, 3/4 off my hips and 11/16 off each thigh and I'm still gaining muscle. My bicep measurement is actually going UP, go figure.

Here's the question:

The ingredient in T2 is listed as: 3.5 diiodo-l-thyronine, 50 mcg

Tri Cuts II lists L-Tryrosine (yeah, I know that's different) and then at the bottom, 3,5 diiodo-l-Tyrosine, 50 mcg, which I'm assuming is a typo from the above and is the same stuff as in the T2. So, assuming this is indeed the same ingredient, and since it's the thyroid popper, won't I be taking a double dose if I take the Tri-Cuts 2 x a day AND the T2 3x a day? So far, I've been taking the Tri-Cuts at morning and lunch, and the T2 by itself at dinner. Should I keep doing it this way, or double em up at breakfast and lunch? (I don't take the Tri Cuts over the weekend either.)

I'm aware of the cycling restrictions, tho, and I'll be dropping both after my cruise in August and going to plain EC plus Metabolic Thyrolean (gugguls, Tyrosine and phosphates)

Thanks!
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Jul-14-02, 12:16

Default tricky

The thyronine is what you are looking for the thyroid benefits.

Tyrosine is included in many fat loss agents as it has been thought to extend the duration of thermogenics. I think that they slapped the 3,5 in front of it to be a little tricky. Maybe I'm off on that, but I have never heard of 3,5 tyrosine.

Glad you are getting such great results. It sounds as if you are putting out alot of effort so you SHOULD get payback on it.

Hope you knock 'em out at that big-time social event. Take pictures and post 'em!