Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jul-01-02, 11:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 256/220/215 Male 78 inches
BF:36/28/20
Progress: 88%

Hi Peg,

Quote:
How long did you stay on Induction? Could you exercise on Induction for a long period of time without getting too tired? I am also 'older' (51), and have very long stalls with little or no weight loss. I recently went back and re-read New Diet Revolution's metabolic resistance chapters and lowering carbs was one of the suggetions, along with lowering calories and/or fat.

I have been on induction for 14 weeks in this last run to my goal. My metabolism and weight loss results have been the very same as you describe. I had to lower carbs, fats and calories to break resistance, and it worked. Try www.fitday.com to easily analyze your daily diet. I set my daily requirement in the range of 1400 to 1600 calories for a lean body mass of 160 pounds. Your calorie limit should be lower. Try this:

Breadfast:

1 egg
3 or 4 oz. any meat, fish, etc.

Lunch:

3 or 4 oz. any meat, fish, etc. of reasonable fat content.
Salad with 1 tablespoon almond oil for omega-6 plus red wine vinegar.
1 table spoon Carlson's lemon flavored cod liver oil for omega-3 fatty acids.

Dinner:

Same as lunch but with the oils.
Take NO salad dressings.

Snacks:
All the low carb veggies you want.

Vitamins:
Supplement. Fitday.com will show this diet to be low in calcium, vitamin K and magnesium.

Try to NOT cheat during the first two weeks to prove the method. You will then soon learn that a little cheating stops the weight loss dead in it's tracks.

Check out my web page at:

The Ultimate Nutrition Program for Healing and Health Preservation.

Good luck,

Kent