Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-25-02, 08:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 285/261/160
BF:
Progress: 19%
Red face I'm new!I Need inspiration to keep on track

Hoping that I will get inspiration to keep going from the people on this site. I have willpower, but lately it is faltering. I can't even get back into the swing of going to the gym to do weights. HELP!! I am annoyed with myself.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-25-02, 15:29

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 220/160.4/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 99%
Talking Hi Krista.....

Welcome to the best site on the web .. you want the support you've definatly found it ..

There are alot of people on this site that really know their stuff, and then there's people like me that love to just BE .. We are all learning, and this is the site to do it!!!

WELCOME .. surf through and you can pick up alot of pointers .. the hard part is the will power, and you said you've got that and when it faulters .. this is the place to be .. because we're all in the same boat

You may want to look into starting a journal .. this is where you put your feelings, thoughts, and food information each day .. and if and when you hit a stall, someone can usually pick out something that your doing, that isn't being seen by yourself . .. I hope that all made sense

Anyway .. Welcome, and hope to see you around here Alot!!!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-25-02, 17:35

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Greeting and welcome aboard!

Hang in there. Just keep telling yourself that nothing tastes as good as thin feels! Get through the first couple of months and, for most people, the cravings all but disappear. The first couple of months are definitely the hardest. But even within them, things progressively get easier.

Focus on the long term and visualize what you will look like and what you will be doing after you reach goal.

Keep the Faith!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-25-02, 18:59

Stats: 250/240/130
BF:
Progress: 8%
Cool Introduction

Hello all...
I am new to Low Carbing.. 3rd day to be exact! Today was a lot easier than the first two. I keep hearing that if you can get thru the Induction period..that things look up.

Anyway, glad to see that this board is here and lurking around, there is alot of encouragement out there.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-26-02, 09:30
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Cyn, Hi Kristala. Hang in there! Pretty soon, you won't need will power, you'll have your own inspiration. You'll feel great, and eating carby junk food will make you feel like c-r-a-p. That's my inspiration now. Just remember the basics: when you're hungry, EAT. Make sure you always have good snacks accessible. If you're out with friends and they're eating, EAT. Just find something that fits into your plan. Be patient: you didn't gain the weight in a few months; you won't lose it in a few months. Make your priority better health.

With the gym thing, I went through that, too: you have to enjoy it. If you don't like it, consider getting some weights at home and working out that way. I'm not suggesting that you give up, but it shouldn't be a drag; it should be somewhat enjoyable. Otherwise, you know what happens. And you shouldn't be annoyed with yourself. Good luck!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-26-02, 12:04

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile Welcome!

You've come to the right place if it's inspiration and support you're looking for...

I see from your stats that you've set a goal for yourself, so I'd like to invite you to stop by the TRIPLE DIGITS CLUB (for those with 100+ to lose) for inspiration. You'll find the threads there full of information and people share openly.

Good luck to you!

Donald
Attached Images
File Type: gif smileface12revolving.gif (11.0 KB, 59 views)
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jun-26-02, 13:34

Stats: 244/218/144
BF:48/42.3/22
Progress: 26%

Try doing something different than the gym. Go for a walk, or swim or whatever. Keep in tune with your body. Listen to what it is telling you. Are you getting enough sleep? Are you stressed out about something? These are all things that can send us back to our addiction. Recognizing our feelings about what is going on for us helps. It might not give you a solution, but if you at least recognize why you are feeling less motivated, you will be able to talk yourself back on track.