Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Jun-23-02, 08:17
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Smile Modivation

I've been on and off low carbing for 10 months. I will tell you what keeps me coming back.
My health not my appearance.
Its as simple as this:
Regular eating makes me athmatic, lethargic, groggy, and waking with pain. It always will. We won't even mention digestion problems. Oh and brittle nails! (Much to my dismay)

Low carb makes me breath so much easier and I have more energy and my health is so great... and can I mention my beautiful nails?

Now you might think this is not much.
But for me, what makes my health the best is exercise.
If I can walk a mile a day, I can focus better (I'm hyperactive) I also don't surcome to bordom muching. (If you know what I mean)
Also I tend to get up and get the remote without asking someone else to get it.

Lately I've been trying just to reduce my sweet tooth and I was rather pleased that I was able to not have sugar or artifical sweetners. I was still eating the hot dog roll, the hamberger bun, the english muffin from the egg sandwhich and the pasta under the chicken broccoli. No problem right?

Wrong. Yesterday I walked home from my game which is a mile from my house, no hills, flat as can be. I had to rest several times, my back hurt, my feet, my legs.. oh the pain. You would think I was 90 years old. I'm not in shape anymore.
So No more rolls. I have allowed two packets of spenda back in my life and its in my morning coffee.

A friend said it best. "Would you give alchol to and alcholic? So why would I let myself eat bread if I'm a carbaholic? Especially if I'm intolerant of wheat?"