Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-02, 11:08
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 306.5/292.5/130
BF:
Progress: 8%
Angry What Can I Have For Lunch Today???

I am back on the boards after a little hiatus (translation: I had a slip and was hiding out ) but I am back now.

I am at work and have no idea what to eat! Ordinarily I might have an Atkins Advantage bar, but a bunch of people told me that was a bad idea. I had 3 boiled eggs for breakfast and don't know what the heck to eat now. Am I really supposed to be eating ten times my weight in calories?? That seems so nutz! I don't mean to be a doubting Thomas, but I'm back at induction again, so I feel like I've got to be super vigilant about what I put in my mouth. I feel so "confuserated" <--(made up word...I do that sometimes. lol)

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-02, 12:32

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

Welcome back darrklove - I'm starting induction again too. I have with me at work 4 oz. cheddar cheese, sliced turkey, ham and roast beef - I dip the cheese in mayo to add fat - a small salad for lunch with blue cheese dressing. Once induction is over, I will have a tub of macadami nuts (12 per day) to nibble on during the day. I know 3x body weight seems high, but that's what everyone does, it does work - remember lots of water. Also, I use fitday.com to track my calories / carbs / fat - it's an excellent tool.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-02, 12:59
Registered Member

Stats: 186/160/135
BF:
Progress: 51%

i have never heard the 3x your body weight in calories. Really? How do you do that and keep the carbs down?

I don't like breakfast either....that's bad isn't it?
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-02, 13:10

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

Sorry I mean't 10 - I guess I was thinking about Darrklove's 3 hardboiled eggs.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-02, 15:39

Stats: 178/166.0/140 Female 5'9"/174cm
BF:30.4/30.4/25?
Progress: 32%

My favorite working lunch: Two breasts of a rotisserie chicken from the deli in the nearest grocery store. And they were only $1.50 a piece - and add some salad of the salad bar...

And I always kept a few cans of tuna and other canned fish in my drawer - for emergencies.

To me it's very important not to allow myself to get too hungry - I'd be too eager to throw all the rules out the window and have some of the emergeny Oreo's that were always sitting around the office.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-02, 16:44

Stats: 279/235/190
BF:
Progress: 49%

get you a little cooler and prepare your meals the night before and microwave them.

You know whats in it if you cook it.

Jeff
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-02, 17:37

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I often cook extra meat for dinner so that my DH and I can use that for lunch the next day. Salads are a mainstay for me for lunch...I can usually get a nice size salad at my local grocery's salad bar for about $2.00. Sometimes I also cook extra veggies so that I can pack those for lunch too. Lunch today was leftover ribeye steak and green beans from last night's dinner. Tomorrow will be leftover chicken breast and broccoli from tonight. Yes, I know it sounds crazy, but you really should shoot for 10-12x your weight in calories daily, but it WORKS!. Add butter, olive oil and mayonnaise to everything and it doesn't take much to get there!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-02, 22:29

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%

My secret to hitting the fat and calorie mark is heavy cream, and oh, boy is it yummy! On workdays, I have to eat my breakfast on the fly, so I have a shake with Carb Sol'n powder, EAS whey (extra protein), crushed ice, 5 oz heavy cream and water. Lunch is canned salmon on a bed of greens with balsamic vinegar and oil dressing, or sometimes homemade egg/tuna/chicken salad. Two bags of salad last me all week at work, and I bring tins of the salmon or cartons of the other stuff to just keep in the fridge.
For a splurge, I go to Sizzler for a steak and (broiled) shrimp platter with salad. *drools just thinking about it!* My snacks are usually more Carb Sol'ns shakes as they're easy and portable.

Dinner is easy because it's the meal I get to cook for, and making extra for quick lunches or breakfasts is definitely the way to go.

My next adventure: Get some lo-carb bagels and have salmon and cream cheese on a toasted bagel. Heaven!

Cheers,

Friday
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jun-18-02, 07:44
Registered Member

Stats: 306.5/292.5/130
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default learning to like salad :)

Can I tell you what a visceral reaction I used to have at the mere thought of eating salad?! lol! I swear, as a kid, I would sometimes opt not to eat at all if my mom insisted I have salad with my dinner. I'd even take the lettuce and tomato off of my Big Macs!

Mmmm...Big Macs...

LOL!!

Anyway, I just find it incredibly ironic that now I've got to practically live off the stuff! Anyhoo, I'm actually starting to like it. Trying to figure out what to have yesterday left me feeling completely befuddled. <--( that's a real word, right? )

Well, I ended up having a Chef Salad from a salad bar near my job. It was too expensive, though. So today I've got baked chicken w/ broccoli and cauliflower from last night's dinner.

Hey...

I'm doin' okay.

P.S. Hey Jeff...

Quote:
get you a little cooler and prepare your meals the night before and microwave them.

You know whats in it if you cook it.

Jeff

I may know what's in it, but if I cooked it, I might not want to eat it! LOL!! Julia Child I ain't, baby!

Last edited by darrklove : Tue, Jun-18-02 at 07:58.