Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-16-02, 14:43
Registered Member

Plan: me
Stats: 193.2/193.2/110 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy I blew it!!! Back to square one + a few fears and - some self esteem

Well Here It Is;

I lost the great battle over fear and pain.I was at walmart on thursday and almost passed out. I was having trouble seeing (stars in front of my eyes ) and my stomache was cramping up , headache , etc. The eyesight thing was the worst though. I knew I would experience some withdrawal symptoms ....but i guess I was ill prepared for how bad they would actually be. I feel so defeated So now I either start over or I stay fat. I want to start over ........but don't want to fail again. I don't mind the foods i have to eat, I don't mind the water or any of it. My eyes are my life and that scared me. I guess I just gotta get through the first week and i'll be on my way. This is very depressing. Can't sugar coat it , can't denie it I failed myself. I do believe in my quote and am going to try desperately for this day to help lead me to many fitter leaner and happier days in my future. I'll hold off on the healthier days till i'm through the first week.

Marie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-16-02, 15:14

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

canuckchic, don't think of this as a failure but more a learning experience.

Do you know it took me 5 attempts to quit smoking? I felt like such a failure each time I lit up a cig. Then one day while surfing the internet I ran across the American Lung Association's web page. I found something there that actually gave me hope.

Their advice was this:
Don't look at the times you have tried to quit smoking and went back as a failure but a learning experience. Write down what is going on in your life at the time you went back.

Try again. Look at the previous times as "practice sessions" You will quit.

I learned the same applies a lot with food addictions. Don't look at this as a failure but more of a learning experience. Maybe instead of going full out you can cut out the carbs a little at a time.

Do something like this:
For the next two weeks just give up bread. Then the following two weeks give up pasta or rice. Then give up sugar. Give yourself a couple of weeks between to wean yourself slowly off. Pretty soon you will be pretty much carb free except for the healthy carbs coming from veggies

Another thing that may have occurred to cause your fainting spell may have been hunger or dehydration. This is not a starvation diet. Make sure you eat very well and drink lots of water

Give yourself a pat on the back for your first attempt, keep your chin up and try again
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-16-02, 15:28
Registered Member

BF:
Default thank-you for your kind words

I truly appreciate them and need them right now. I am my own worst enemy. I am definately not starving myself. I am though having a hard time eating all the food that I need to. I don't like meat much...which is a problem on this WOE. I am thinking of drinking some pure protien type of shakes. What do you think?I'm not wanting to give up but am getting truly frustrated with the physical and emotional side effects. Intellectually I can understand that this is a huge change for my body....but once in the middle of the emotional and physical roller-coaster intellect flies right out the dang window

Marie
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jun-16-02, 15:36

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

I personally don't do protein shakes so really can't help you out on that one. Maybe someone else may stop by to help you out on that one

What type of foods are you eating? Just for informational purposes since I am not sure what you are consuming.....

The higher the fat content of the food you eat, the less food you actually have to consume. Fat is high in calories. Tablespoon of butter is around 100 calories. Tablespoon of olive oil is around 119 calories. Cook veggies in butter, add olive oil when cooking meats Easy way to boost up the calories.

Ratio for daily intake is:

70 to 75 percent fat
20 to 25 percent protein
5 percent carbs

Hope this helps
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jun-16-02, 15:42
Registered Member

BF: