Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-16-02, 05:08

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%

It's great advice LC Sponge.

What I see are 2 completely different groups of people here. Those that start out wanting a weight loss, and turn it into a life experience, a way of life. Then there are those that just want to diet, lose weight (mostly very quickly). It's great that everyone wants to lose weight but...if the focus is soley on losing weight, and losing it quickly, then there is a high risk of failure. The folks that continually tend to micro-analyse, get hung up on slow downs, and expect to lose tons of weight steadily because they are on some kind of organized plan a)don't understand how their bodies work, b) likely still haven't viewed this as a way of life, c) likely never will fully convert over to way of life thinking from diet thinking. Those are the people that really have the problems with stalls, plateaus and one pound gains, fall off the wagons guilt.

I had to stop visiting the newbie forum for a while because I was getting so frustrated that some people just weren't getting it. But then I realized that not everybody is in a mind-space where they can "get it". Some people will never "get it". Some people will have an epiphany one day and see the light. Some people get it on day one.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts LC. Maybe it will help some people find a better road for their journey.
Sponsored Links