Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#271   ^
Old Mon, Jun-10-02, 06:11

Plan: Atkins- post pregnancy
Stats: 174/127/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

Thanks for the welcome Garrison. Believe me I know this is a slow process. My stats say 147 and that is what I am this morning but it's the first time in quite a few weeks. I was just getting really discouraged and would allow myself extra carbs or even a pecan cluster or two. Add that to soy sauce and not drinking my water and I was up to 152lbs. I know you might be thinking 5 lbs, not that big of a deal, but it is. Funny I was always watching and weighing myself, hubby on the other hand, WOW! He was in the biggest state of DENILE! We started this program last July (he 2 or 3 weeks ahead of me) and he went from 250lbs to 185 lbs. in a matter of 3months. YES, 65 lbs in 3 months!!! Anyway these past few months cheats here and there, food I didn't even know he was eating, well, back up to 211lbs. I kept on him and he finally had to get on the scale himself to see his damage. This was last week and fortunately he is now down to 203 today.

I'm leaving to go up to Pa and NJ to see family in 2 1/2 weeks and I would really love to be 140lbs. I know that that is not realistic for me but just the thought of visiting family should keep me on the strait and narrow. Talk about slow, the last time I saw them was in OCT, I left NC weighting 154lbs. When everyone saw me it was so dramatic from 190lbs. I know everyone will have their eyes on me to see if I failed. Not keeping up the pace of the wild weight loss is somehow almost the same. How could I only loose 7lbs. since then. Now I know why I started to cheat out of being discouraged.

Well, now that I've talked your ear off........
later, Heather
Sponsored Links
  #272   ^
Old Mon, Jun-10-02, 12:06

Plan: atkins
Stats: 228/228/140
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hey Heather,
I'm in almost exactly the same shoes. I've fallen off the low-carb wagon and need desperately to get back on. I'm hoping this will improve my motivation, too.
Dee
  #273   ^
Old Mon, Jun-10-02, 12:16

Plan: Doctor's Prescribed Plan
Stats: 274/169/144 Female 5' 5"
BF:60%/42%/22%
Progress: 81%
Default back on the wagon

deeSB, I just got back on track only a week ago! I know exactly where you are coming from!

I lost 5 pounds last week, which was WONDERFUL! My largest challenge is finding good "snack" food to bring with me to work. (Pork rinds and water, anyone?)

We're all here for you cheering you on! You can do it!
  #274   ^
Old Mon, Jun-10-02, 12:44

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 171/135/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 116%
Default Hi Everyone

Just actually noticed this thread and I guess I fall into this category...I guess when one gets close to goal they slacken off a bit and that is what is happening with me...would like to reach 140 sometime this year ...have just started reading the posts and hope to take time to read each and every one as I know like everyone else need a jumpstart to get motivated and am hoping your enthusiam will help...

Bonnie
  #275   ^
Old Mon, Jun-10-02, 15:07

Plan: atkins
Stats: 228/228/140
BF:
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up

Thanks for the encouragement Heather. It's motivating to me to hear of your husband success. Today, I am starting with the 'no cheating' attitude, and tomorrow, re-starting my workout rouitne. We'll see how it goes.................

I'm going to go to the store and get some prok rinds!!
  #276   ^
Old Mon, Jun-10-02, 20:19

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 185/173/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hello everyone . I am also trying to reach 140, can I tag along? I am Tanya, I live in Memphis, I am merried and have 4 4legged children I lost 55 lbs so far and have 40 to go.
  #277   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-02, 07:12

Wow Tanya! Congratulations on your recent 55 pound loss! That is excellent!
  #278   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-02, 12:21

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 220/160.4/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 99%
Talking Hi everyone ...

Boy ya leave for a coupla days... and a whole new set of faces pops in ...

Hi EVERYONE!!! I'm Sally ... and I'm a FORUM-A-HOLIC !!!

Heather.... Boy you sound almost like me in my older days ... (less the children) .. but we (happy hubby and I) had 3 dogs and a cat when we first got married and I went to school part time, plus a full time job - and he had 1 full time and 1 almost full time job .. that was a handful in itself .. I'm sure you add 2 children to that and you've definately got your hands fulll

DeeSB... ... I know what it's like .. I relaxed during the holiday season .. and it took me from January to March to get regulated again ... but determination pays off!!!

Bonnie... You're doing wonderfully !!! wow so close to your goal .. I've been working for 2 or so years on this, and hope to reach my goal in 6 months when I go for my next blood test .. Can only hope!!!

Garrison ... You are definatly a motivator .. you have everything wonderful to say to each person .. I would like to say I'm very proud to meet you...

Tonya ...Welcome .. isn't wonderful seeing over the 50% mark !!!

Talk later all ... and I hope I didn't babble too much .. but like I said .. all new faces .. I guess I hadn't been in here enough recently ..

Last edited by Princesspp : Tue, Jun-11-02 at 12:27.
  #279   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-02, 13:16

BF:

Hi Garrison and Sally and everyone else , thank you for the welcome. I feel great seeing that 50% mark, but I have been sitting at 180 for weeks, I amready to see some changes. Reading all thse posts is really motivating to me. I have been reading all the posts from the beginning and I am on page 9. WOW, you guys have had a great ride, I am just glad I found you. Thanks for listening.
  #280   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-02, 14:26

BF:

Tanya,
Have you ever tried a fat fast? It seems to be the only thing to get me going after being stalled FOREVER!!!! I hate to say it cuz it's not the easiest thing to do, but I think I'm gonna start one tomorrow. Thursday at the latest. It has worked in the past. It really isn't that bad, I just have to keep busy to keep my mind off of food. And boy do I need to catch up on the laundry!

Later,
Heather
  #281   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-02, 20:13

BF:

No, I have not tried the fat fast, not sure i know what it is. But I did go after work and bought Atkins new book and some ketosticks. I am in moderate keto and I didn't even know it. Good to see that after cheating last weekend.

Sally, I have 4 dogs, I am a total dog addict. I love my fur babies. I also do keeshond rescue. If I could, I would have at least a dozen. I am attaching a picture of two of my babies, aren't they cute ?

2 days w/o cheating
  #282   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 04:44
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%
Cool Howdy all!!

Hi girls!! It's wonderful to have some new members here!! We're glad you're along for the ride to 140! It may be a slow ride, but it's better than the rollercoaster to 250!

For all of you that are stalled 6 wks or more (yes, it can happen to you!) there is a post in my journal on 6/10 about Atkins' old reversal diet. Basically it's a way to "shake up" your diet to get the scales moving again. The only reason I mention it is that I recently had a 3 lb. whoosh that can MAYBE be explained by the fact that while my back's been out my routine totally changed....and WHOOSH! Now, keep in mind that it could be related to several other reasons, too....but this reversal diet is an alternative to the fat fast which may not appeal to all. In addition, it is not included in Atkins' latest book.....don't know why. And I'm not necessarily advocating this method, it's just there FYI.

Ya'll have a great day!! Hang tight!
  #283   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 05:38

BF:

I have tried the reversal diet but the only time it seemed to work is when I downed 1/2 of a box of a whitman's sampler. The other time I just felt yucky and gained weight. (I lost it again when I went back on induction and maybe a pound or two more).
I guess it all depends on the person and what you're eating during your reversal diet, ratio of protein to carbs to fat. Terri, I'm definately gonna take a look at your journal to find out what it was you did exactly.

Later,
Heather
  #284   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 06:48

Default Another pound!

I'm down another pound!
  #285   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 07:26