Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Jun-05-02, 06:33
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 125/123/115
BF:
Progress: 20%

Hey how are you? Got your mail yesterday. I have tried apple cider vinegar and the tablets which are much easier to take, however, I noticed the straight acv did seem to cut my appetite probably b/c it was not too tasty. Anyway, let me know your experience with it. I know it is not the cure all that they say but may help a little. Check carbs if you are watching them closely. Yesterday I did not get a chance to do cardio and just had time for yoga about 10 minutes. That willl have to count for my break day. Tuesday are rough, I work a full day then lead a 12 step group at night so I do not get home until late. Well check in with me and let me know what is happening. Have a great day!!!! Missy
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Jun-05-02, 12:06

Plan: atkins
Stats: 135/125/118
BF:
Progress: 59%

Hey: I think the bad taste on the vinegar is what cuts the appetite as well. I am doing good today. Considering it is my first day with no cigarettes. I am officially quitting. I have been eating good as well and am very happy with us setting goals together.

I think 10 min of exercise is always better than none, so I would count it as a work out day if I were you. I am so proud of us. You know it is weird I have not had any weird cravinds, maybe this is all mind over matter.
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Jun-06-02, 06:40
Registered Member

BF:

Good Morning! How are you? I am good. Did my leg workout already and will do cardio after work. Am drinking a chocolate Keto Slim shake now, it is not as good as the vanilla with strawberries in it but it is okay. Still eating low carb and average calorie, feel good but not really losing although I know my shape is changing and I feel good with more energy than when I was doing barely any carbs. It is really nice to have accountability b/c I probably would not be so diligent with my exercise routine. I probably will take off Sundays and Tuesdays as break days. Well let me go get ready for work. Keep me posted on any new breakthroughs that work for you. Missy
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Jun-06-02, 07:05

Plan: atkins
Stats: 135/125/118
BF:
Progress: 59%

I did my cardio this morning but did not do any toning last night, i got sidetracked. I will try to make up for that tonight, but I got stuck going to happy hour with some coworkers so we shall see. I agree with you about the weight. I am weghing the same but I think the displacement of the weight is different (i.e., I think I am starting to look better) I feel great. I have been getting a bit lightheaded as it has been very hot here and I have not been drinking enough water, etc... Last night I had a diet coke. I know i am not supposed to have this, but I needed the caffine (I had a headache and no aspirin) All in all I have also been getting more hungry lately but i think that is due to "T-O-M" do you get hungrier then? Anyway talk soon
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Jun-07-02, 06:20
Registered Member

BF:
Default hello

Good Morning! How are you? I did not get to cardio yesterday just weight trained legs and abs but I am getting ready to go do some cardio after this. Still feeling good about this. About diet coke, I still have one to two per day, sometimes I drink the Diet Rite which has Splenda but other times do the Diet Coke thing. We are making great progress!! Well let me go get this bod moving. Have a great day! Missy
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Jun-10-02, 11:37
Registered Member

BF:

Hey, have not touched base in a while. The weekends get so busy. I am doing good yesterday I did eat too much allowed food. But my exercising is going good and feeling good. How are you? Regarding the TOM yes, I am hungrier but find relief in knowing what is going on and I am normal. Just eat more allowed foods. Well talk to you tomorrow. Missy
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 13:48

Stats: 165/165/125
BF:
Progress: 0%
Angry Need Buddy - Support - Help

I am 28 years old. Over the past 2 1/2 years I have put on (gonna be honest) about 40 pounds. I went from 135-140 to almost 180. I am only 5'4". I used to wear size 10-12 jeans and now it's 14-16. I am not only concerned with my appearance but health as well as my marriage! Not that I think I will be dumped or anything but I am ashamed that I let myself go this way. I have officially started the Atkins induction again today. The first time I did the induction I lost 10 pounds. I gained back 15lbs when I quit the diet.

I need someone to buddy up with and support eachother on this. Anyone interested?

We could link up on aol, msn or yahoo instant messenger and keep up with eachother!

I need help ya'll - I absolutely hate the way I look.