Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-06-02, 22:57

Plan: SBD + Exercise
Stats: 218/211/135 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Kiss???

I am considering a KISS way of eating for a week to see if I have any food intolerances. I have caught bits and pieces here and there and this is what I have gathered from it:

- basically, eliminate dairy (except eggs), AS, and anything processed.

My questions are:

1) Are frozen vegies ok?
2) What about vinegar ( I love homemade pickled vegies)
3) I haven't seen "yay" or "nay" concerning melons and berries??

Thank-you for any help with this. I am in a 2 month stall, and though I now realize my BFL exercise regime may be covering some fat loss, I am struggling mentally with the idea that I have done my absolute best and not moved out of my 5lb "bubble" for over two months. I am beginning to wonder if my "KETO" shakes (which I started drinking when I started BFL) are a problem?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-07-02, 00:11
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Everyone who KISSES seems to do it a little bit differently, but these links should help you out.

KISS Guidlines

Rules of KISS

WHAT IS ATKINS KISS? Join and KISS today!

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jun-07-02, 05:56
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 183/169/125
BF:
Progress: 24%

I had never heard of the KISS thing until now...and as far as I can tell, I actually had been doing it without even realizing it. My only no-no is drinking diet sodas which have the artificial sweetners in it and my sugar-free jello that i have on occassion.

I didn't see no yays or nays on the frozen vegies...personnally, I eat them in very small amounts and so far I haven't had any problems.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-07-02, 21:33

Plan: SBD + Exercise
Stats: 218/211/135 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Thanks Karen!

The links were just what I needed! The 3rd link you provided works well to nsmith's post concerning KISS. The links in nsmith's post, however, were no longer valid. (Just incase someone else is looking for the same info. )

I am a little leary, yet excited to try this for a week or two. My main concern is making a homemade salad dressing, for my daily salads. I was pleased to learn that vinegar is allowed for some pickled vegies, then I realized that the recipe calls for 2/3 c. sugar. No as, no pickled vegies I will consider making a batch when/if I can reintroduce as back into my every day eating.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jun-07-02, 22:14
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Using the word KISS can be very confusing by the way. There's a high-carb diet book out there titled KISS.

Wa'il
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-02, 17:52

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 229/185/154 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 59%

Too right Wa'il and I have it on my book shelf. The Kiwi KISS Diet = Keep It Simple and Succeed.
Its by a N.Z'er Carolyn Gibson and she runs weekly meetings very like WW. I also have the cookbook, like you say high in carbs, I could never stick to plan longer than 5 days
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-02, 18:02

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Thumbs up Re: Thanks Karen!

Quote:
Originally posted by missatc
I am a little leary, yet excited to try this for a week or two.

I did this for a little over a week and it was wonderful - it's a bit daunting and it does take some serious planning but it's really worth it in the end.

Nat
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Oct-10-02, 15:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 179/171/135
BF:39%/37%/30%
Progress: 18%
Default Can't Find Information

I've done several searches, both on this forum and on the web, and I can't seem to find any information about this. Does anyone know of anywhere else I can find anything? Thanks!

Melissa
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Oct-10-02, 19:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/135/135 Female 64 inches
BF:30

mma3735 - see the links that Karen posted above... just click on them and they will take you to the guidelines and information.

I have been KISSing all week. I plan to KISS on weekdays and go back to my regular Atkins OWL WOE for the weekend. I think it will speed my weight loss along. I have lost 1 1/2 lbs in 3 days... so I am pretty pleased with the results.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-02, 05:33
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Try this link .