Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-29-02, 21:56

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%
Exclamation Yea so my mom comes home..

With a medium Vanilla bean Coolata from Dunkin Donuts..

Which means I drank..

Serving Size: 16 oz
Calories: 440
Calories from Fat: 150
Protein: 1g
Total Carbohydrates: 73g
Sugars: 71g
Vitamin A: 0
Vitamin B: 0
Total Fat: 17g
Saturated Fat: 15g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Total Dietary Fiber: 0g
Iron: 0
Calcium: 4
Sodium: 100mg

Ingredients:water, sugar, skim milk, invert sugar, partially hydrogenated palm kernel oil, corn syrup, propylene glycol, dipotassium phosphate, mono- & diglycerides, sodium benzoate (preservative), guar gum, malic acid, artificial flavor, polysorbate 60, salt, carrageenan, sodium acid pyrophosphate, artificial color (includes yellow 5 & 6, red 40).

Niiiiiice huh? It was good though!! LOL It figures because I did fine half the day... She didn't know I was starting Atkins though and since she bought it I had to drink it....It does cost like 7 bucks yanno! lol Its cool though, I told her last night I'm starting again so she knows now lol
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-30-02, 07:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 050/029/000 Female 5ft, 8 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default Seven Bucks!

You could have eaten a pint of ice cream for less grams and calories than that! Get yourself some protein shakes if you feel the need to have a cold thick drink!

I know how mothers are. She was only trying to be nice. But maybe you should let her know you are on this woe. Maybe your perception of overweight is a little askew. If you are a teenager, maybe you want to lose weight for the wrong reasons and your mother may be aware of that and trying to sabatoge your diet for all the RIGHT reasons. I didn't check how tall you are, but I don't think your weight is low.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-30-02, 08:52
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's/PP
Stats: 156/138/125
BF:?/32.5%/20%
Progress: 58%
Default You're a hoot!

Okay, not fair huh?!?....You just HAD to drink it, didn't ya!

I think moms can be the worst culprit because they have a natural instinct to want to "feed" (aka nurture) their children. My mom doesn't pressure me much anymore because she has seen this WOE working for me but just having her around (she lives about 2hrs away from me) has made me go off my diet for some "comfort food"

Well, not anymore!!!! I can resist and I also don't mind telling people my WOE because it helps me avoid any awkward moments.....like say., if someone were to buy me a $7 milkshake

You can do this!!!! Just keep at it!!!!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jun-01-02, 22:56

Default Re: Seven Bucks!

Quote:
Originally posted by Atrsy
You could have eaten a pint of ice cream for less grams and calories than that! Get yourself some protein shakes if you feel the need to have a cold thick drink!

OMG I know!! lol Actually I messed up on my post, The nutrition label was for like 16 oz I think... I had a Medium.. Which is like 5 times as much.. so probably l ike 500 carbs.. LoL

Quote:
I know how mothers are. She was only trying to be nice. But maybe you should let her know you are on this woe. Maybe your perception of overweight is a little askew. If you are a teenager, maybe you want to lose weight for the wrong reasons and your mother may be aware of that and trying to sabatoge your diet for all the RIGHT reasons. I didn't check how tall you are, but I don't think your weight is low. [/B]

Yea thats all it was, she was just being nice. I told her the other day that I'm starting again and she's fine with it, she's not going to bring me anymore junk..lol Although she was a lil annoyed because that means she has too cook chicken for me.. ( I can eat it, but I can't look at that crap raw!! lol) And I'm 20yrs old and 5"3 so my weights not too low or anything like that.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jun-01-02, 23:00

Default Re: You're a hoot!

Quote:
Originally posted by ShaneiceL
Okay, not fair huh?!?....You just HAD to drink it, didn't ya!

I think moms can be the worst culprit because they have a natural instinct to want to "feed" (aka nurture) their children. My mom doesn't pressure me much anymore because she has seen this WOE working for me but just having her around (she lives about 2hrs away from me) has made me go off my diet for some "comfort food"

Well, not anymore!!!! I can resist and I also don't mind telling people my WOE because it helps me avoid any awkward moments.....like say., if someone were to buy me a $7 milkshake

You can do this!!!! Just keep at it!!!!

Yup Just had to drink it!! Hey who cares, the day before I ate like 500 carbs so one more day wasn't going to make a difference..

LoL I'm great at excuses! But its all good now, I'm actually on my 3rd day and doing fine so far. She knows now, so no more temptations. Eck I just hope I don't need "comfort food" anytime soon lol

Thanks for the encouragment guys