Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-01, 20:35
Registered Member

Plan: Own Combinations, just trying not to exceed 20g/day..Struggling tho
Stats: 174/160/125
BF:
Progress:
Question Breaker Breaker All Experts do ya read me??

I am so desperate to touch me goal..was readin posts on fat burners and supplements that could help metabolism. Well..I haf a bottle of what is call the `maxtonic bc 100' supposedly to help me burn the fat and regulate the metabolism. Contents of these capsules I am gonna start swallowing today is:

1. Sangittariae Tuber
2. Lentinus Sporopone
3. Crataegi Fructus
4. Clycyuhizae Radix
5. Menthae Herba

these scientific names that I am aware are processed natural herbs and the active ingredient in the combo will be of

1. Crataegus pinnatifida composing Crategolic acid falvonoids, Catecol
2. Glycyrriza uralensis composing Glycyrrihizin, Flavonoids
3. Sagittaria trifolia L. composing Vits B & C, and sum minerals
4. Lentinusedoder composing Proteins, Amino acids, Ploysugar
5. Cassia tora L. composing Vit A, Chrysophanol, Anthaquinone,

It didnt show how many carbs contain in each capsule tho...grrr.
It does say its used to balance the metabolic rate, clear blocked arteries from accumalation of fatty deposites increase cell metabolism and regulates the colesterol and triglycerides in the blood.

What do ya all think of this product.??.I am staring at it now...askin meself should or shouldnt I... ??
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-28-01, 00:25
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi need2burn,

IMHO, learning how to live a low-carb life is the key to reaching your goal. We all want a quick-fix. How satisfying is a quick-fix in the long run? Does it have any staying power?

Look at it this way. Think of what it was like to put on weight.

I am going to be using the generalized "you" here. It's not personal by any means.

Follow the same way you put on weight to lose weight. You didn't wake up one week weighing 10 pounds more than you did the week before, did you?

It didn't seem like a lot of effort to put on weight, so why does it seem harder to lose weight? Because you became comfortable and complacent with it. Because you developed bad eating habits, because you became addicted to the seratonin release of eating carbs. Because you ate when happy, sad, angry, confused or lonely. Because you needed a buffer of fat against what you felt you needed protection from.

The weight loss miracle you are seeking lies within you, not within a bottle. That's whay my sig line reads "Progress not perfection." Making a little progress everyday in some aspect of your life leads to the miracle.

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-28-01, 01:00
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Default Gee..that makes sense..

Told ya i need sumone to knock me senses back into me head and being patient to meself.....being desperate to look good again sumtimes ya just tend to `believe' in fabs huh?
i just wasted 30$ fa that capsules which i dont really need and i feel stupid.

Thanks fa ya respond Karen.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jun-28-01, 11:00
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Thanks n2b!

We've all been in that desparate place...

That whole rant is part of my life story!

Karen
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jun-28-01, 12:09

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Default not an expert, but ...

Sounds like you have a homeopathic product in your hand.

No offense to any homeopaths out there, but I have never seen a homeopathic remedy work. I tried EVERYTHING (including homeopathic remedies) when I first started my weight loss effort, and the only things that worked were:

(1) Strict attention to caloric intake.
(2) Strict attention to macronutrient intake.

#1 and #2 both require you to keep a "food diary" and do a little math at the end of each day. It is necessary have this level of attention to detail if you really want to maximize your efforts.

(3) Constantly increase or intensify your exersise program. If you aren't exercsing now, start walking just 5 minutes per day. Then increase that each time you go out to walk again. When you get to 45 minutes, increase your pace. ALWAYS MAKE YOUR EXERCISE ROUTINE HARDER THAN THE ONE YOU DID YESTERDAY! You can change the length of the workout, the speed at which you do the exercise, the amount of weight you use, etc.

(4) Proper hydration. Drink .6 ounces of water for every pound of bodyweight you have. THAT MEANS WATER!! Coffee, juice, cola, etc. DON'T COUNT.

When all of that is together, and you STILL hit a stall in fat loss (stall is also called plateau) THEN consider supplements.

The only ones that really work for fat loss are (unfortunately) stimulant based. Protein bars and shakes are good ways to have nutrient dense "snacks" between meals, but they should never take the place of real food (so, no "all Atkins Shake diets")

If you need help with any of this, send me a private message and we can work it out. And then we will post it here so EVERYONE can benefit!!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jun-29-01, 03:47
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

I learn sumtim new everyday at this forum! Thanks Dan..those info surely gonna help me alot.

I am doin the fitday.com to keep me daily records plus the Nutrition analysis tool (http://www.ag.uiuc.edu/~food-lab/nat/mainnat.html).
During me plateau (2 yrs) still on low fat and low calories..i gave up excercisin(high impact aerobics and goin gym).. BUT I am now on the rider again (ya know the kind like smart rider that goes like a rodeo..lol) since i started low carbin increasin the time and tension. I am even thinkin of addin low/medium impact aerobics soon i build up me stamina. I cant do the high impact yet..i may crack the floor.

I just want fast results..thats all I am..Karen is so right..I should be greatful that at least I am not on the plateau anymore and havin wt and ins loss progress..and i cant loose those I put on like yrs back .....over few weeks

I will surely get back to ya if i need help..and really feels great
everyone here so supportive..I really need it!!

p.s
I tried pming you Dan but I cant write this long...hehhehee so i post this instead.