Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-01, 13:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/245/145
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default A barrel of questions

I have quite a few questions that I would appreciate any insight on.

1. Can the Atkins products be purchased in Canada with the internet not being involved in the process?

2. Where can I find Ross Chocolates?

3. I'm using Hellman's mayo but the ingredients list sugar near the end, is this a big deal?

4. The sour cream I use has modified corn syrup listed as the second or third ingredient, should I be concerned?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-28-01, 00:42
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi sylvie,

For #1 and #2, try posting in the Local Low Carbers section. Other Torontonians or those nearby may be able to help you out. All cities are different.

For #3, the carb count on Hellman's mayo is pretty low. Even though the Corrinne T. Netzers book says 0, it could have anywhere up to 1 gram of carbs. I usually count it as 1 gram.

For #4, look in health food stores for a natural type of sour cream. These types have no additives.

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-28-01, 09:22

Stats: 200/172/150
BF:
Progress: 56%

I can get limited Atkins at my local GNC -- this is about it for me, I am in the Peterborough area!
Good luck!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jun-28-01, 10:14
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

I thought of two companies that make great daity products. Astro and Liberty. Yogurt, cottage cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, tzatziki...

The Superstores in TO are pretty fab and should carry these brands. What about a little excursion to Buffalo for Atkins products?

Then you could go to the Anchor Bar (home of the Buffalo wing) for wings.

I miss the Anchor Bar!

Karen
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jun-28-01, 11:28
Registered Member

Stats: 304/240/180
BF:
Progress: 52%
Default 5 month anniversary

I have been on the Atkins diet for 5 months today I have lost 47 pounds. Took my measurements this morning here are the results.
1/30/2001 6/28/2001
Bust 51" Bust 46" = 5" lost
Waist 49" Wasit 43 1/2 " = 5 1/2 " lost
Hips 55" Hips 49" = 6" lost

I have a question how do alot of you get the pictures by your names I think they are cute I want one please tell me how.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jun-28-01, 12:39

BF:

Karen,

Thanks for the tips. I love Astro tzaziki. I eat it all the time even before I was low-carbing. I'll try the other brands. I think the sour cream I picked up was Gay Lea or something like that.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jun-28-01, 12:44
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%
Default Re: 5 month anniversary

Quote:
Originally posted by montgomeryps99
I have been on the Atkins diet for 5 months today I have lost 47 pounds. Took my measurements this morning here are the results.
1/30/2001 6/28/2001
Bust 51" Bust 46" = 5" lost
Waist 49" Wasit 43 1/2 " = 5 1/2 " lost
Hips 55" Hips 49" = 6" lost

I have a question how do alot of you get the pictures by your names I think they are cute I want one please tell me how.

Christine, your stats look great! Congrats!

To get a picture next to your name, just click on the "Profile" icon on top right, and chose "Edit profile" all the way down the option for "Avatar" this will let you either choose from exiting images, or upload one from your pc.

Wa'il
P.S. I checked the link you provided for PP pictures site, but there seem to be something wrong? All pics only show one, either before or after.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jun-28-01, 14:32

Stats: 171/147/125
BF:
Progress: 52%

Hi Sylvie

1. Can the Atkins products be purchased in Canada with the internet not being involved in the process?

If you go to the official Atkins website http://www.atkinscenter.com/atkins/locate.asp you can enter your postal code and it will tell you where in your area they sell the Atkins products. I have seen them at many health / nutrition stores in the Toronto area. Usually the bars, sometimes the shakes, supplements and bake mix. They are cheaper and easier to find in the states though.

2. Where can I find Ross Chocolates?

I'm pretty sure you can only get them through the web in Ontario from this site http://www.lowcarbdelights.com/
Here's a post about the Toronto distributor, and some other stuff http://lowcarber.org/forum/showthre...ocolate+toronto

I can easily find lots of other sugar free chocolate in the area that I'm sure is just as good and low carb as the Ross bars.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jun-28-01, 14:44
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Oh, I forgot to mention, I've taken off our local shopping guide for an overhaul, in a couple of days it will be automated as a databse for all to enter their finds. Stay tuned

Wa'il
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jun-28-01, 20:06
Registered Member

Plan: Anything Low Carb
Stats: 250/175/170
BF:
Progress: 94%

If you like the Atkins Bars (which I happen to love) - there is a great little health food store at the corner of Elgin Mills and Yonge (pretty well Oak Ridges) that sells them for 2.99 /bar - or if you buy a box, you get 10% off - it's the cheapest I have seen these bars. They also have other low carb stuff in there.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jun-29-01, 07:16

BF:
Default Wow, thanks

Thanks Deirdre & Genesis for the valuable information.

Genesis, I'm moving to the Oak Ridges area very soon but haven't had a chance to investigate the area. Thanks for the tip.

Sylvie