Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-19-02, 17:19

Plan: Modified DANDR with BFL
Stats: 215/170/155 Female 5'6"
BF:gonna/bea/hardbody
Progress: 75%
Default Saggy Boobs?!?!?!?

I have had nothing but succes on this WOL but I have one complaint....My boobs are getting saggy. I know this isn't exactly a kosher subject but I was wondering if any other women have had this problem. I have always had a somewhat large bust (D cup at 150lbs) and although they were never what you would call perky I have noticed that they have become much flatter (on top) and more saggy. It seems that (like the rest of the fat in my body as of late) the fat is becoming softer and it disperses itself more easily. I am all for losing the pounds but I don't want to lose my boobs too. I am afraid they will be hideous when I get to goal. I'm not sure if there is anything that can be done though (short of implants ), is there?? Am I just being too superficial??
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-19-02, 17:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 285/199/130
BF:
Progress: 55%
Thumbs down Pringles Cans

Ummm, it's just become a running joke. If I bend over and am not wearing a bra, I swear I could use Pringles Cans instead of a bra. Not funny, but you know, hubby is very good natured about it, doesn't want me to get them done (not that I could afford it), and realizes it's the effects of gravity....what're ya gonna do?

Superficial is in the eye of the beholder, we all have our eccentricities and if it really bothers you that you're feeling the effects of gravity, maybe you can save money for implants and reward yourself when you're at goal? Hey, it's better than a banana split, right?

Take care!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-19-02, 18:10

Stats: 235/167/167 Female 167cm
BF:45%/25.5%/20%
Progress: 100%

Yup - I'm in that state too

Still in a D cup but defintiely way more saggy. My line is to wait until i am at goal and have maintained a while, to see if there is some skin shrinkage...then if I I really can't live with the result it's under the knife I go

lesley
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-19-02, 18:45

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Pringles cans????? ROFL! I just snorted my carbonated water! Gravity was already having it's effect with me before I started and I can't say I've really noticed much difference. I'm still a D cup, but I've lost 6 inches off my chest (gone from a 48DD to a 42D). Guess I've lost a cup size, too. Eventually, I'd like to be a 36 or 38 but we'll see what happens as I go. At this point in my life, I honestly don't care if my boobs are perky or not (like they ever were to begin with...HA!). I just want to be healthy.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-19-02, 18:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 22/ 18/ 8
BF:
Progress: 25%
Red face

I thought I was the only one with that problem! Thought age had to do with it, also size (D cup), and the source of nutrition for the kid when he was a baby. Hope the skin does tighten up! I am doing some weight lifting also, so just maybe Glad am not the only one. Debra
  #6   ^
Old Sun, May-19-02, 19:03

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Lightbulb

I'm saving my money for a trip to a space station. No gravity, you know....though the danged things might smother me up there.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, May-19-02, 19:05

Stats: 235/167/167 Female 167cm
BF:45%/25.5%/20%

ROFL ]

...some warning pleeze Razzle...I just snorted my water out of my nose

Lesley
  #8   ^
Old Sun, May-19-02, 19:31

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

ROFLMBO Razzle....

I'm with you there! No gravity and me could be a lethal combination and if a breeze came by, they'd probably beat me to death or at least give me a nasty concussion!

Last edited by Lisa N : Sun, May-19-02 at 19:42.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, May-19-02, 20:52

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Post At least you can use two Pringles cans of the same size...

My man boobs are now two different sizes...the left being about 25% larger than the right...

...I feel like a Weeble on the verge of Wobbling...

Donald
  #10   ^
Old Sun, May-19-02, 21:37

Stats: 293/288.2/199 Female 5 foot 11 inches
BF:38%/??/25%
Progress: 5%
Arrow I wish

I wish I coud lose from my boobs--I started at 42 DDD am I am still at 38DDD. The bra lady at V.S. thought I could go to a 40dd but I was spilling out!!! They were never perky but the are alittle less firm--probally due to having a kid. Not sure??? I am willing to give anyone who needs some--SOME!!! LOL I would need milk jugs not poor pringles cans!!

Sonja
  #11   ^
Old Sun, May-19-02, 23:10

Plan: Modified DANDR with BFL
Stats: 215/170/155 Female 5'6"
BF:gonna/bea/hardbody
Progress: 75%
Default I'm not alone!!!

It is sooooo good to hear that I am not the only one who needs pringles cans.....I thought I was going to wet my self when I read that....and a trip to the space station......you girls (and guy DWRolfe ) are HILARIOUS !!!
  #12   ^
Old Mon, May-20-02, 00:07

Plan: schwarzbein
Stats: 200/172/140
BF:
Progress: 47%

I can sympathize with Sonja. My body is shrinking around my boobs. My reward for getting to goal is a trip to the surgeon for lift and separation. ( I want normal d cups) maybe even a c+) My extra's I will gladly donate to all of you.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, May-20-02, 05:01

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 171/135/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 116%
Default RE: Talk about Saggy Boobs

Thought this joke was appropriate for this thread

The teenage granddaughter comes downstairs for her date with
this see-through blouse on and no bra. Her grandmother just
pitches a fit, telling her not to dare go out like that!

The teenager tells her "Loosen up Grams. These are modern
times. You gotta let your rose buds show!" and out she goes.
The next day the teenager comes downstairs, and the grandmother is sitting there with no top on. The teenager wants to die. She explains to her grandmother that she has friends coming over and that it is just not appropriate.

"Loosen up, Sweetie. If you can show off your rosebuds, then
I can display my hanging baskets."
  #14   ^
Old Mon, May-20-02, 07:38

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care

he he hee. good one bonnie! thanks for my morning guffaw.

While we're being honest on this topic (and probably frightening the men on the board away from heterosexuality, or at least away from sex with the lights on)...

I run, off and on. And of course I wear a high-quality sports bra (which, in size 36DDD is not real easy to find, but I have one), so there's no pain. But has anyone else who runs with large breasts noticed that there's an ideal speed not for your wind but for the bouncing rate? Seriously, there's some sort of wave action that sets up there, and at certain speeds, it just doesn't work--your breasts are working against you, like a very bad dance partner. For awhile, when I noticed this, I thought I was trying to find excuses to run slower...then I realized it is a real effect. Anyone else have this experience? (it strikes me that william or other engineering types could probably make charts explaining it)
  #15   ^
Old Mon, May-20-02, 08:05

Stats: 293/288.2/199 Female 5 foot 11 inches
BF:38%/??/25%
Progress: 5%
Lightbulb Running

I runwith a Champion sports bra with an underwire in it. Right now I am running about a 9 1/2 min mile but before I gain weight(and the boobs were a 36 DDD) I was running 8 min miles. I think it's the underwire that helps.

Good Luck
Sonja