Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#241   ^
Old Fri, May-17-02, 11:55

Plan: SBD + Exercise
Stats: 218/211/135 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Thanks Terri, your encouraging words mean a lot to me . BTW, congrats on becoming a mentor. You definately have a supportive and encouraging way with people. Keep up the good work!
Sponsored Links
  #242   ^
Old Fri, May-17-02, 13:10

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 220/160.4/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 99%
Talking Hi everyone. ...

Down 3 pounds officially this morning .. and I could change my stats!!!!!!

Talk later
Love ya!!!
  #243   ^
Old Fri, May-17-02, 15:17
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Princess.......you are THE poster child for low-carbing!!!!

Congratulations on another great WHOOSH!!!
  #244   ^
Old Fri, May-17-02, 17:28

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/220/150 Female 64in
BF:
Smile congrats!

CONGRATULATIONS PRINCESSPP ON YOUR SUCCESS! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!! YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION TO US ALL!!!

susane
  #245   ^
Old Sun, May-19-02, 18:42

BF:
Talking Hi everyone ....

Just swinging by to say hi ... and thanks for the congrats ....

Had a bit of a trying day ... so just checking out and signing in, and gonna hit the hay early ...

So talk later ... Hope everyone has had a good weekend....

Love ya all!!!
  #246   ^
Old Sun, May-19-02, 20:31
Starting Over!

Have ya'll heard anything about the fat flush diet, liver cleansing and colon cleansing? Gosh, I've been reading a bit about it here (I think it's Mila who's doing fat flush with great results) which has led me to read other stuff on the 'net.... makes me feel like a walking toxic dump!! Anyway, the idea is that our liver gets real bogged down processing all the toxins from our environment and poor diets and doesn't process fat like it should. So if we want to kick start our liver first we have to "cleanse" it by going on a special diet, etc. etc etc. I think I may look into it more. Anyway, at the very least I've started taking milk thistle (helps w/ healthy liver) and psyllium husks (fiber). If anyone has any knowledge/experience, I'd like to hear more.

Weather was absolutely divine here today....but I had 2 kids that were home-bound....one with strep throat and 104 fever, the other studying for finals! Jeez....I sure would have enjoyed a festival or something!

Time for night-night! Hope ya'll had a good weekend!
  #247   ^
Old Mon, May-20-02, 12:48

Stats: 228/228/140
BF:
Progress: 0%

Teri-
I don't know about the cleansing, but I do know that thistle promotes healthy liver. It's frequently recommended to chronic alcoholic's for liver regeneration (??? i don't know if that's the correct term) but it makes sense. do they say anything about LC'ing being good or bad for this problem??

Has anyone ever had sucess with strict Induction during the week, and then 'semi LCing (40-50 carbs/day) on the week-end??
  #248   ^
Old Tue, May-21-02, 19:23

BF:
Talking Hi everyone ....

Just spent all day playing in the yard ... played hookie from work (took a mental health day ... ) With all that had been going on the last coupla days ... needed to really physically work to get my head screwed back on and boy I did ... we finally had some nice weather here, so I spent the day outside ... and all that fresh air... I'm pooped and it definatly cleared out the cobwebs!!!

Just wanted to stop in and say Hi...

HI

Talk later...

#249   ^
Old Wed, May-22-02, 15:30

Stats: 230/220/150 Female 64in
BF:
Smile can you believe this!!!

can you all believe that I have lost 8 pounds in one week on the atkins? This is sooooo great! I am so proud of myself. This new WOE is fabulous. I love it..and I have great support all around me. People at work are already noticing and they want to know what I am doing. And I am spreading the word of course! Just wanted everyone to know how great I am doing on this new WOL. Have a great day!

susane
  #250   ^
Old Wed, May-22-02, 17:42

Plan: SBD + Exercise
Stats: 218/211/135 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Thumbs up

(((((((((((((((((WAY ))))))))))))))

(((((((((((((((((TO )))))))))))))))))))

((((((((((((((((GO )))))))))))))))))))))

(((((((((((((((SUSANE )))))))))))))))))

#251   ^
Old Wed, May-22-02, 18:25
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275/246/140
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hi everyone and I missed ya'll

Congrats to Terri. Mentor and all that! You go girl!!!!!!

Have stalled and can't lose another pound, damn't. I have not tasted bread, pasta, or rice. I think it is the sugar free pudding made with whipping cream. I am addicted to the stuff. I also still consume probably too many Miller lite's.

I havent' been taking my supplements on a regular basis either. So I need a sound thrashing. Terri do your stuff. I deserve what ever you throw my way. I have a goal of 240 to get too and at the rate I am going, it will be September before I reach it, yuk. So if this liver cleansing thing is good, let me in on the ways and how too's. Is the thistle and husk working for you. I just don't know if I can stomach another pill. Seems like it takes forever to swallow all the ones I am on now. I thing that is why I don't take them everyday. Had a Vit C pill stick in my throat and it scratched it and that was unpleasant.

So glad to see the Princess is back and doing well. Terri you are great and I am very proud of you. Lets all give her a round of applause!!!!!

Okay, I am ready. Give it to me. (all with love)

Blessings,
  #252   ^
Old Wed, May-22-02, 19:34
Starting Over!

ok....you asked for it....

GET OFF THE *#!*~#! SWEETENERS!!!!! You are hereby limited to 1/2 c. of sugar-free JELLO (NOT PUDDING) with NO whipped cream, every other day. No more beer....except 2/day on the weekends!!!! On those days, you better watch those carbs and I wanna see COUNTS!!!

As a matter of fact, start a journal TOMORROW and I wanna see menus and counts EVERY DAY for 2 weeks!!!! Is that clear???!??

I love you, Little Feat!!

oh, and thanks for all the congrats .... awww shucks!!
  #253   ^
Old Wed, May-22-02, 20:00
Starting Over!

Oh, and by the way, I'm already OFF the Fat Flush thing.... it's not a good plan that can be "merged" with a low-carb WOE. It's very low calorie and highly restrictive....ain't no way I could live like that! There may be some health benefits to the liver in doing the 2-week plan, but beyond that..... no thanks. Save your money.

If I do the fat flush after my BFL challenges, and I have some major health benefits...I'll definitely let you know.
  #254   ^
Old Thu, May-23-02, 15:50

BF:
Talking Hi Everyone ....

Just fell into a reverse today .. changed my stats back to 169 .. but I'm over it now ... the scale was just sooooooo yuk!!! but that's okay ... I'm out of my slump and just gotta get back to the basics ... I've spent the last couple of days analyzing and with the help of a few people around here .. I think I've got what happened figured out .. (besides the stupid scale )

Talk later all
Love ya!!
  #255   ^
Old Fri, May-24-02, 10:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275/246/140
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default I am a Baddddddd girl

Okay Terri I will try. I have just a little bit of pudding left and I will not make it again. (can you see the tears here?)

I am not good at writing and not sure I would be good about keeping up with everything I eat . But, I will try. Starting Monday.

I will do better on the beer too, I promise. Thanks for caring.

Ya'll have a wonderful Memorial Weekend. Hamburgers and steak to eat, yah!