Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-09-02, 13:23
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 183/176/135 Female 5 FT, 4 IN.
BF:
Progress: 15%
Cool Sausage McMuffin??

Hi all-
Was just wondering if any of you have tried this trick for a drive-thru low carb breakfast....Normally, McDonald's Sausage McMuffin comes with the melted cheese next to the english muffin but I have been ordering it with the "cheese in the middle". I toss the english muffin and then have a relatively neat (if a little greasy) sausage/egg/cheese sandwich. Yum! Please let me know if you see anything wrong with this...My McDonalds sells 2 sausage McMuffins for $2.22 so it's pretty reasonable for breakfast too...whaddyathink?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-09-02, 13:28

Plan: low salt
Stats: 207/236/160 Female 5'10"
BF:44.1%/33.86%/?
Progress: -62%
Post Breakfast biscuits

Just my 2 cents: I enjoy Great Starts frozen breakfast biscuits. They have egg and cheese with either Canadian bacon, bacon or sausage. But, most importantly, the cheese is always placed between the egg and meat!!

I do not think the eggs have any starch in them and I am not sure if the sausage has fillers. Please correct me if anyone knows.

Happy eating!
Julie
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-09-02, 13:55
Registered Member

BF:
Default Great Starts breakfasts

Ooh - thanks. I'll have to give those a try. I've always been a little afraid of frozen breakfast foods but I'll give them a shot. Thanks for the idea. Karen
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-09-02, 15:02

Plan: Zone
Stats: 165/163/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Smile Sounds good!

One day we were in a pinch and I ordered a McMuffin not realizing that the cheese wasn't in the middle! It was a little messy, but I never thought of ordering it how I want it! Maybe I should just order it without the McMuffin too next time! Ha...

-animaldoc
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-09-02, 15:10
Registered Member

BF:
Cool Special order...

My drive-thru is very used to me saying "two sausage mcmuffins with the cheese in the middle". They rarely mess it up. Sometimes I have a moment of guilt about wasting 2 good english muffins (but oddly I don't have a craving to actually eat them ) but I get over it pretty quickly in the name of slimness! karen
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-10-02, 09:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 304/256/175
BF:
Progress: 37%

I feel like an idiot now. I always order mine "on a plate, hold the bread" because of the cheese problem and get looks, of course. I do my double-cheeseburgers the same way. Thanks for the suggestion -- this will make it much easier.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-10-02, 10:00

Stats: 222/209/150 Female 5' 6.5"
BF:39%/34.6%/24%
Progress: 18%

HI Karen,

Have you gone to In-n-Out Burger yet and ordered a double double protein style? They don't even bat an eye, and the only two questions I get are, "With onions?" and, "Will you be eating that in your car?" and then you get their great burger all wrapped in lettuce!

-Shelly
  #8   ^
Old Fri, May-10-02, 10:07

Plan: low salt
Stats: 207/236/160 Female 5'10"
BF:44.1%/33.86%/?
Progress: -62%
Post Thoughtfull

I highly recommend Wendy's for accommodating low carbers (depending on the staff, of course). I ordered a double cheeseburger there recently with no bun and they served it in the nice little plastic potato tray they have so the cheese would not stick to the paper wrap.

Julie
  #9   ^
Old Fri, May-10-02, 12:32
Registered Member

BF:
Default In n' Out

Hi again-
I have heard of In 'n Out Protein Burgers but haven't tried one yet. I hear they use big "clamshell" pieces of lettuce to hold it all together. Another good thing about going there is that I've never liked their fries so that won't be tempting to me like McDonalds (which I REALLY liked pre-LC). Also good news about Wendy's because there is one less than a mile from my house....maybe I'll test their staff for LC accomodating later....I think it's getting close to lunch time . hmmmm.......karen
  #10   ^
Old Fri, May-10-02, 17:35

Stats: 283/268/160
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Thanks!

I'm glad I read this thread. I have been avoiding fast food places, because I was scared that I would be too tempted to have fries with it. Now I see how successful and creative you all have been with these food items. Perhaps I will try it out this weekend.

BTW, who do you get the In and Out Protein Burgers from? Is it a chain?
  #11   ^
Old Fri, May-10-02, 18:26

Sorry Theresa! In-n-Out is a chain out here on the West Coast. It has recently moved up here to Northern California (yay for me!). They have a VERY simple menu that doesn't change: burgers, cheese burgers, fries (made fresh on the premesis), shakes and soft drinks. I think it is the best fast food burger you can buy...AND they wrap it in lettuce for us lowcarb folks.

-Shelly
  #12   ^
Old Sat, May-11-02, 14:08

Stats: 283/268/160
BF:
Progress: 12%
Unhappy Darn!

Oh well. If I ever get to the West Coast, I'll look it up!
  #13   ^
Old Sat, May-11-02, 17:40

Stats: 210+/188/140 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 89%

I'm a newbie still. I thought we weren't supposed to have cheeses like american cheese or processed cheeses that come from mickey d's and such? Can I start to go to fast food places? =o
  #14   ^
Old Sun, May-12-02, 12:17

If you are past induction you can have American cheese. Just remember it IS highly processed and shouldn't be part of your daily diet, and remember to count the carbs...1-2 grams per slice.

-Shelly
  #15   ^
Old Mon, May-13-02, 06:38
Contributing Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 255/239/234 Female 5' 5" and a half!
BF:
Progress: 76%

I always go to Burger King. I like their somewhat grilled burgers. I order the double whopper with no cheese, ketchup, or onion and I eat everything but the bun. It's really filling. I usually end up giving some to my kids too.