Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, May-06-02, 10:12

Plan: SBD + Exercise
Stats: 218/211/135 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default C1W1D6 & C1W2D7 (? about step ups)

Enjoyed my "free day" yesterday. I know I haven't been getting 8 hours per night, so that, and a min. of 200g of protein are my goals for this week.

Hrs sleep: 7+30 (solid, no waking up)

LBWO this AM, changes:
-quads ,1st rep-upped to 15#, rest remains unchanged (RRU), however didn't hit my "10" That means 25# FR.

No other changes. Notes: How many "step-ups" should I be doing? 12,10,8,6,12,12? or double that, so I do those #'s per leg? I am still really feeling the st. legdeadlift in my lower back, but it did seem to be a little better today. Didn't even hit my "9" in the calf raises, will need to buy more wts.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, May-07-02, 09:06

BF:
Default C1W2D8

Hard, hard, hard 20'MAS. Legs still sore from yesterday's LBWO, but definately hit my "10" 6.0elevation ~ 3.7MPH. Followed up with an ab workout. Feel GREAT!!
  #18   ^
Old Wed, May-08-02, 10:56

BF:
Default C1W2D10

UBWO this AM. Ate good yesterday, only 6+30 hrs sleep last night.

Changes to UBWO:
-Chest: 10#(vs.8#), 15#(10#),20#(vs.15#), 25#(vs.15#)

-Shoulders: 6rep at 15# (vs.10#)

-Back: 6rep at 20#(vs.10#), DB pullover 12rep at 15#(vs.10#)

-Triceps: 6rep at 10#(vs.8#), third 12rep at 8#(vs.5#)

-Biceps: 12rep at 8# (vs.5#), 10rep at 10#(vs.8#)

Workout is still taking closer to an hour than 45', even cutting down on the rest time in btwn reps. I just can't seem to "pump" quickle and still maintain form. I will continue to work on speeding things up without sacrificing anymore rest time.

Need to up the wt for the back exercises, will reflect on next Monday's log.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, May-09-02, 14:19

BF:
Default C1W2D11

Another kick ____ 20'MAS. I was actually dreading this one, because I remembered how hard I pushed Mon. Got on with it this morning and when I was finished I felt GREAT!! It will be awhile thought before I change this workout. I feel an overall "eightish" about min. 11, then some more good fast music kicks in and so do I. I think Kenny Logins' "Danger Zone" is so awesome of a song for pushing through that "10"
  #20   ^
Old Fri, May-10-02, 09:42

BF:
Default C1W2D12

LBWO this am. Woke up with a bit of a headache, and fought it through the whole workout. Was just glad when I was done. We should have the new wt bench by the next LBWO. I will certainly be changing the quad exercises and probable the calf exercises as well. One more workout to complete week 2!!
  #21   ^
Old Sat, May-11-02, 08:03

BF:
Default C1W2D13 C1W2D14

Ahhhhh! Week 2 is done! The cardio was a big challenge for me this week! I feel really good with the plan and sticking to it! I must admit the thought crossed my mind to do a lower intensity workout this AM, but I just don't want to cheat myself. Besides, I always feel SO GREAT when I am done .

Tomorrow, my free day, is officially the end of week two. We are haveing company this weekend, so I know my posting time will be slim to none. I am looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow-a real mother's day treat .

Cya Mo.
  #22   ^
Old Mon, May-13-02, 09:20

Plan: BFL with SP
Stats: 167/158.5/150 Female 63ins
BF:31/26/20
Progress: 50%

Well done, KT. Doesn't it feel good to have done the two weeks - it seems to have gone by quickly.

Nat's reply to you about abs made me laugh as that is exactly how I feel. My tummy is my worst bit and really needs flattening. Also, I never get round to doing the crunches - my aim this week is to do them every day.

Hopefully, we will succeed soon as long as the fat disappears on top of those rock-hard muscles!!

Good luck

Judy
  #23   ^
Old Mon, May-13-02, 16:14

BF:
Default C1W2D1

The new week is off with a bang! I only thought I had jello arms D1. What a great feeling. I will definately be hitting the glutamine throughout the day!!

I hit my 10's on all exercises ! My form is improving in my side raises (ok, I probably started with too much weight, as I couldn't quite raise the weights to shoulder height. Now, with the same weight, over half the reps are shoulder height, before I start "drooping" ) I noticed during the 1arm DB rowes, my left arm is weaker. Hopefully, that will improve with time.

I'm not going to post the workout, not even changes, too time consuming. I have them recorded on paper if I need the info. Otherwise, I will post beginning and ending weight at the end of four weeks, along with the other fun stats!

Judy, thanks for stopping by. It feel REALLY good to have completed two weeks, and it did go by so fast! I too have been negligent with my abs. My goal was 3x a week, after cardio, and though I have only missed 1 time, I don't feel like the 1 "BFL SET" is enough. I have a torso track and think I will add this to the ab workout and see if I "feel" it any better. I appreciate your desire to work those abs into shape, but you may want to reconsider the "every day" routine. Your abs aren't any different than your other muscle groups and we know we are suppose to take at least 1 day off in between to allow for repair. I think if we work them hard enough, then 3x a week might even seem too much.
Have a wonderful workout week!
  #24   ^
Old Mon, May-13-02, 16:25

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

KT, those lat raises are a killer! They, along with moves like flyes and reverse flyes can be done with very minimal weight - it's actually better than using too much. I've found that by using a lighter weight and emphazing the eccentric (the negative portion of the move) and squeeing when you're at the peak you can get a more intense 'burn'. Form is more important than poundage At one point I actually had to remove all plates from my adjustable dumb bells and do them with only the bar (3 lbs).

HTH
Nat
  #25   ^
Old Tue, May-14-02, 19:17

BF:
Default C1W3D16

I am so bummmmed!! My poor daughter awoke around 11:30 last night to empty the contents of her out of sorts tummy . Like clockwork she was up every hour doing more of the same. Since DH had a 0445 wakeup for work, I was the lucky mommy to get up and help her through it. Tough work for someone with a very weak stomache. Needless to say the energy level is entirely too low to even consider a 20'MAS. I feel guilty, but I don't want to run myself down and risk getting what my girl has. Found out this morning my sister, who visited from out of town this weekend had the exact same problem. Whatever it is, I don't want it. So, I will be off to bed nice and early for a good nights sleep. Ya really miss that REM sleep when you don't get it.

I have been one to make excuses in the past to slowly start straying from exercise. I expect this forum and all of you to help me stay accountable-please I don't want to quit something I know is working. Just feeling a bit down: TOM on the way, lack of sleep, and my new bench with the leg extension did not arrive today as promised, no wonder. LBWO tomorrow and I will have to stay with the same exercises that I haven't been real pleased with. The sun WILL come out tomorrow-right?
  #26   ^
Old Wed, May-15-02, 13:57

BF:
Default C1W3D17

It is amazing what 10 hours of sleep will do for you! I felt 1000% better this morning. So good in fact, that I finished my cardio and abs, then went on to do my hamstring and calf workouts. A combo workout since yesterday was missed. Feel pumped and ready to go. Darn good thing since this is "Monday" for me.
  #27   ^
Old Thu, May-16-02, 04:50
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Ohhhhhhhhh you sound just like me.... it's getting harder and harder to get out of bed for my workouts! But guilt is a far harder thing to deal with I've learned. Just keep DOIN' IT!! But you are smart to get the rest when needed or skip when it feels as though it will do more harm than good. As Nat says, the workout is supposed to work for you, not YOU for IT!! Listen to your body (but not your head when its trying to make flimsy excuses...that's the !!)
  #28   ^
Old Thu, May-16-02, 10:01

BF:
Default C1W3D18

Well, I made it! Another 20'MAS to get me back on schedule. Woke up this morning to sore abs and tired legs. I was SOOOO tempted to cut back on my on my cardio-slow it down some or lessen the elevation. But, the determination that often hides deep inside made an appearance and pushe me through my full, normal routine. Is there such a thing as an "11"?

I think I am doing this right, because when I got to work yesterday, 5 1/2 hours after finishing my workout (and a shower, of course), a co-worker wondered if I had gotten too much sun? I looked at my arms and they were still very dark red/bronze. Cool, free tanning without the ill side effects
  #29   ^
Old Fri, May-17-02, 09:17

BF:
Default C1W2D19

UBWO this am after 8+30 hrs sleep! Arms feel like jello again, and actually weren't as strong as this past Mo. I'm sure by next We. they will be strong and rarin' to go
  #30   ^
Old Sat, May-18-02, 08:11

BF:
Default C1W3D20

Yahoo!! Week three is complete!! I am enjoying this exercise regime, this week though, seemed tough. I know I was not getting enough sleep each night, hopefully that will change this next week. Actually, this next week will have its own challenges. Out of town guests are arriving Mon. afternoon and staying until Fri. In the past, we typically stay up late, enjoy too much wine/beer, and then get up early to go golfing. Also, our guests will be staying in the family room where our "gym" is. DH and I plan to move the wt benches, treadmill, and bike into the garage temporarily, so we can still get our workouts in. Now, to just exercise (pun intended) some discretion on the amount of alcohol, and politely excuse myself for an early bedtime (maybe more rest would improve my golf game?), I'll be in good shape.

The 20'MAS was not as difficult as I thought it would be this morning after only 6+30hrs sleep. I felt sleepy, but strong .