Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 20:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 274/265/170 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hello Everyone....good to see there is so many of us islanders. I am back in induction. Tried two months of eating carbs... gained 10 pounds. I am a little mad at myself but back in day two of induction. Live and learn so they say!
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-02, 18:31

Plan: PPLP (Intervention) Dilettante
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking Well hellooooooooo.....

Hi Pinkcaddy,

Just thought I would say Hi. Haven't seen you post in this particular thread before. We Islanders have begun a "Low Carb Ladies who Lunch" thing, about once a month, a little meet-n-greet and swap stories, recipies, whatever. Interested?

I'm in induction again as well after gaining ### pounds from quitting smoking, so you aren't alone!

I've come across someones journal who posts everyday, and counts the number of days of not cheating, which I think is a wonderful idea, and I have decided to do the same in mine. It will truly keep me in line! (I hope!)

Talk to you again!

Enjoy the sunny day everyone!

#123   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-02, 21:59
Registered Member

Stats: 264/255.5/130
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default Hallo Pink!

and DizzyD!

I've begun putting my goals clearly into my journal, and by using fitday have begun tracking my intake. Each day I intend to put down my plan for the very next day to address the weak points I note in my journal that day.

Once I successfully achieve induction I too will track the number of 'star on my forehead' successful days! Ok, since I'm not in Kindergarten I'll head my journal with a rose and the number count to show for it...

Tomorrow begins May....May Day...picnic and flower day....my fav. A great day to start fresh and on the right track.

Meri
  #124   ^
Old Wed, May-01-02, 09:16

BF:

Great idea! Are you ladies using a journal on this site or a paper one? I would love to be part of the group...thanks for thinking of me!
  #125   ^
Old Wed, May-01-02, 09:31
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Pinkcaddy, rushing off to school with my boy. If you go back to the forum, scroll down, there are alphabetical areas to create your own journal. You can also browse through others, and subscribe to specific ones. tah! Meri
  #126   ^
Old Sat, May-04-02, 08:30

Stats: 283.0/233.0/175.0 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 46%

Hi everyone:
Welcome Pinkcaddy! I have PM'ed both you and IslandGirl with the info about our get-together next Saturday (May 11). Esther - I e-mailed you the info. The rest of you - if you have forgotten my address (by the way - wasn't someone going to e-mail all our e-mail addies to us so we could form a group?), post here & I'll PM it to you - I don't check my PM's very often (as in I forget to check it!) so it is better to contact me here as I get a notice whenever someone posts. I am so looking forward to our get-together!

I am pleased to report that I am down 2 pounds this week. I also measured myself & since I started on Feb 1/02 I have lost 5.5 inches each on my hips & waist. I'm getting lots of compliments at work about how great I am looking (and I am basking in them, believe me!)
  #127   ^
Old Sat, May-04-02, 09:42
Registered Member

Stats: 191/163/140
BF:
Progress: 55%
Talking I lost, too!

Hi Jamnut!
Congrats on your loss!
I haven't been here for a while, so would like to take this opportunity to welcome Pink Caddy!
I hope you will be able to join us for our little get together!
I lost 4 lbs! I don't think it would have been that much except that I just started Occupational Therapy for a wrist injury and they have me doing all sorts of physical activity! It has worked like a charm and who would possibly have known that I would like it? I'm so excited!
I didn't get a message from you yet, Janet. I guess it's coming. For this forum, I have changed my email address.
I don't mind posting it here. it is et2750~shaw.ca
The hotmail one is still active, but it has so much other mail with other groups, that I want to shake things up a little!
talk soon
Esther
  #128   ^
Old Sat, May-04-02, 11:48

BF:
Cool Hey all!

Janet, you are so amazing! You better be basking in all those compliments, you've bloody well earned them!!!!

Quote:
(by the way - wasn't someone going to e-mail all our e-mail addies to us so we could form a group?)

*ahem* Meri...

I'm still totally into the get-together at your place Janet. Meri and I are car-pooling, I believe (Meri?). What time did we say? Can you email me the details (time and address) to demoncat~shaw.ca?

I will bring a salad if that's alright with everyone.

Thanks Janet!

(Hey, don't forget, chocolate something for my birthday!!!)
Oh yeah, I may be a tad hung-over, so forgive me if I'm a little slow and stupid!

#129   ^
Old Sat, May-04-02, 12:52

BF:

Sound like everyone is having a great week. I would love the details also, please add me to your email list....johnsonholmes~hotmail.com

Looking forward to a great week and seeing you on the weekend!

Victoria.
  #130   ^
Old Sat, May-04-02, 16:28
Registered Member

BF:
Default It was ME!!!!!!!!!!! Blushing

Thanks Pink-Caddy, now I will put the email out....sorry for not following through.... Can you imagine? I haven't followed up on the flavoured syrups either!!!!!!!!!!

Meri
  #131   ^
Old Tue, May-07-02, 02:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

So, like, what happened to the email, Meri???

#132   ^
Old Tue, May-07-02, 09:06

BF:

I got an email with Saturday's details.... or am I on the wrong track? Still hanging in there although right now I could make a B-line for the store... it will be OK!!
  #133   ^
Old Tue, May-07-02, 18:47

BF:
Talking Not on the wrong track...

just a different track!

Meri has been put in charge of sending everyone's emails out to everyone else so that if we want to email a message about any of this stuff, we can do it to the group. That's all. She'll do it when she can... no biggie. Right Meri?

I'm looking forward to Saturday! I hope you have a good route planned for us for a walk Janet. Beachfront would be nice if the weather allows...

See ya'll then!!

#134   ^
Old Tue, May-07-02, 19:06

Stats: 283.0/233.0/175.0 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 46%

Hi everyone:

Yes, if the weather is nice, we'll walk along the waterfront.

Is there anyone coming that can't eat nuts? I have a recipe in mind for Donna's chocolate request but it has nuts. I have a second recipe in mind also (without nuts) so depending on my time, may just make both recipes.

Shelley can't make it - she is going over to Vancouver for Mother's Day to see her mom.

See you Saturday!!

Janet
  #135   ^
Old Fri, May-10-02, 16:46

BF:
Default Janet!

I just got off the phone with Meri and we're going to car-pool, but we're going to be about 1/2 hour late. There's something going on at her son's school that she needs to deal with in the morning. So, I'm picking her up at 11:00 and then we'll blast out to your place.

Hope this is okay with everyone, and our apologies!!

See ya tomorrow!