Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 18:02
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/239/160
BF:
Progress: 21%
Unhappy didn't go through....

I can say the words hon, but don't believe them yet. Hopefully soon....thanks for the words tho'
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-02, 10:12

Plan: Neanderthin
Stats: 269/176/165 Male 68"
BF:55+%/23%/15%
Progress: 89%
Talking Note to Dagny

Have you read Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand? That is the only other place I have seen your name. I kind of like the name, Dagny, too. Well, I'm off to spread the Good Word about LC'ing to a Fat World in my Captain X-Ray Superhero Leotard (with mask)...HA! HA! HA! I have purpose...HA! HA! HA! I am losing weight...HA! HA! HA! I am healthy! HA! HA! HA! No One can stop me...I'm on a roll...HA! HA! HA! Well, I've got to tell the entire universe about the benefits of

Low Carb, High Protein!!!

AWAAAAAY!
  #63   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-02, 10:15
Registered Member

Stats: 225/212/160
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Ayn Rand

I know its off topic, but CaptX are you a fan? I have been reading Rand for years. Atlas Shrugged is one of the books I read every year.

Sorry to be off topic.

Bad fat... getting thin.... feeling great.... there, that should save this post.

H
  #64   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-02, 14:14

Talking Alrighty, THEN!

Well, another Ayn Rand Fan!!! Yeah! I read everything she has ever written, if and when I can get my hands on the stuff. Right now, though I'm reading Will Durant's "Story of Philosophy." Got to know how those crazies like Kant and Plato, and Bertrand Russel also thought so I can combat the "evil" they have brought into the world! Now, to keep this on topic...I'll bet they were all grain, dairy and bean eaters, anyway. AHA! I must away in my famous "Captain X-Ray" superhero outfit (and mask) to save the world from FAT (Flabby Airhead Tubbies) from the Planet "GLOB." LC! LC! LC! Hubba! Hubba!
  #65   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-02, 14:55
Registered Member

Stats: 225/212/160
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Utility Belt?

Just wondering if you have a utility belt on that outfit that holds the sharp pointy stick you use to hunt for your food on the plains?

Humor is the one saving grace that has always made whatever size I am bearable.

H
  #66   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-02, 16:08

Cool AHA!

I not only have a utility belt for my "Official Spider Man-like, Captain X-Ray Web Material and Sticky Stuff" so I can climb up the sides of grass-covered Vegetarian restaurants to free the occupants therein from their own unhealthy life styles...and the sprouts, croissants, and unfathomable "Art Works" from their awful fate, and, of course, my sharp pointy stick thingy that I hunt wild animals on the plains with, but I also have my "Official Captain X-Ray Criss-Cross Bandelero Thingy" which holds all of my "Official Captain X-Ray Special FAT Absorbing Bullets" for those times when the FATs have me surrounded and are closing in! Enough small talk! I must again away...There is a signal in the clouds of Metrapo City...wait...HELLO...It's the Captain X-Ray Sign! Yes! No Mistake! I can see those outlines of the fat thighs in the clouds from here! It must be IMPORTANT! AWAAAAAAY!
  #67   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-02, 17:21

Stats: 300/225/150
BF:
Progress: 50%

I think B ertrand Russell was a vegetarian (who smoked!) and that sort of explains his dain bramage.
  #68   ^
Old Wed, May-01-02, 13:01

Question I didn't know that!

Wow! That explains his truly weird, boring, and non-understandable blither that others of his ilk (most-likely vegetarians, too[?]) thought was profound...because nobody could understand what he was talking about...including him!

That reminds me, have any of you heard about that couple who are being charged with child endangerment for keeping their little kid on a strictly vegetarian diet and s/he almost died from malnutrition? If it does that to kids, how could it be good for anybody? Another pork chop, please! I [I]love [/I] being thinner and healthier all of the time!

I've got to go buy new pants...these are falling off...even with a belt! I love this! Even though getting a new wardrobe every month is getting a little expensive...Walmart, here I come!
  #69   ^
Old Wed, May-01-02, 20:45
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins hybrid
Stats: 210/183/163
BF:
Progress: 57%

Beautiful, Dee! Your attitude is why you will succeed! My ex-husband left me for a "better" model. Now that the weight is coming off and I'm fixing my life, he wants to come back. Lol! Not on his life! I have someone who fills my needs now and treats me with a great deal more respect than the ex ever thought about giving. I'm having to buy new clothes and I'm doing the makeup and hair things. Every time I chalk up another five pounds, I treat myself to some new little makeup treat. Fingernail polishes, creams, home facials, whatever I feel like doing--within my budget of course. I hate being fat because it keeps me from being who I was meant to be. It doesn't fit my personality at all! And this thing that fat people are supposed to be so jolly, who's idea was that? Other people try to impose the thought of what a fat person should be and how they should act. I'm not a person who has no control, just a person who has a different metabolism than others. I hate being fat because it keeps me from enjoying who I am inside, because I'm so worried about the outside. And I don't want my children to be ashamed of me. Keep writing!

pepper
  #70   ^
Old Wed, May-01-02, 20:48
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins hybrid
Stats: 210/183/163
BF:
Progress: 57%

Not sure what happened but my last post was supposed to go somewhere else. Sorry!

pepper
  #71   ^
Old Thu, May-02-02, 10:12
Contributing Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 255/239/234 Female 5' 5" and a half!
BF:
Progress: 76%
Exclamation Bathing Suits

I just had to post another reason I "HATE" being fat.

B A T H I N G
S U I T S

Nuf said!!!!
  #72   ^
Old Fri, May-03-02, 10:15

Stats: 253/240/130
BF:
Progress: 11%

I hate being fat because:

1. I can't shave my legs

2. I don't like having sex with my DH

3. I don't like going out in public

4. I choose where I sit in class based on if people can get around me

5. My thighs are rubbed raw all the time

6. I don't have any friends (too self conscious)

7. Shoes I love don't fit anymore

8. Look bad in a swim suit at the beach every summer

9. Terrified I will die young like all the women in my family

10. I want to have kids, but can't because I am already too fat.

11. Was skinny until 7 years ago...............

12. Don't like going home owning to the ensuing fight over food, weight, and related issues with my mother.

13. Want to hear from DH "You are so beautiful" instead of the generic "I love you" when we finish

14. I want to sky dive and be so light that I get more airtime!! And not be the first out of the plane...bigger goes first....balance of plane.

15. Not have to worry about a plane's seat belt fitting, or for that matter, in a friend's car.

16. Be able to wash clothes with out air drying them to stretch them out while drying.

17. Wipe my *** without becoming a contortionist.

A long list, and my first......now I really know.
Thanks guys. A big eye opener for me to list some of the reasons

Nicole

P. S. I also had to cut my great grandmother's diamond engagement ring off my finger!!!!!!!

Last edited by Eadreel : Fri, May-03-02 at 11:16.
  #73   ^
Old Fri, May-03-02, 11:22

Cool Some good ones!

Eadreel! Those are some really good ones...kind of hit home in a number of ways. Thanks for sharing.

Soooo.... maybe that's why I cease to get the respect I am due when I put on my "Official Captain X-Ray Superhero Leotard" and run, at breakneck speed (rumbling in my flab) across Metropo City to save the people of the world from the dreaded bastions of evil from the planet "Glob," FAT.
  #74   ^
Old Mon, May-27-02, 14:27
Contributing Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 255/239/234 Female 5' 5" and a half!
BF:
Progress: 76%

Just had to add one more....

Now that I've lost some weight, I realize just how much better I feel. And I know as I continue, it will only get better. Why do I hate being fat? Because it's painful! Emotionally yeah! But mostly physically painful. I picked up two 15 pound boxes of detergent yesterday and took them upstairs and it dawned on me. Dang....I use to carry around an extra 30+ pounds EVERYDAY! It was hard enough carrying those boxes upstairs...I use to carry it around all day.

Painful. I can't wait to feel even better in the upcoming days, weeks and months.

#75   ^
Old Mon, May-27-02, 19:04

Plan: Power Protein
Stats: 240/159/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 85%
Default long overdue reply to captxray

Quote:
Have you read Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand?

As a matter of fact, I am in the middle of reading Atlas Shrugged right now. Amazing, amazing book. In fact it is such a good book I have spent all of my spare time reading it...hence my not checking this thread earlier to see that you had posted a question to me. Sorry for the late response.

Dagny